Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 136

Thread: Anyone see the Vikings and Falcons stadium proposals?

  1. #81

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Cowboys Stadium cost $1.3B.

    MetLife Stadium cost $1.6B.

    The cost of living index in NYC is 61% higher than Dallas, Texas.

    Cowboys Stadium would have cost $2.1B in NYC.

    MetLife Stadium would have cost $971M in Dallas, Texas.

    Having to teach everyone the basics of economics is getting tiresome.

    SAR I

    Cowboys Stadium is in Dallas, TX

    MetLife Stadium is in a swamp in NJ.

    The cost of living in an swamp in NJ is less than NYC.

    Having to teach you the basics of geography is fun.
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 05-16-2013 at 02:55 AM.

  2. #82
    Must we rehash this issue yet again?

    Not even before the end of page 1 of this 5 page thread, it turned into a MetLife thread. Older MetLife threads have been closed. This thread is nothing but a rerun of the same old stale arguments from the same people over and over. Please... If you don't like the stadium, you've told us so a million times. We got it. Now, shut the Fck up already. And for Scott, please stop perpetuating the tireless defense of the stadium you post. It's all for naught. The people you are arguing with don't care what you have to say. They don't acknowledge any logic to your points. Why bother? Why do you even care? Ignore them.

    If the Mods were sharp, this thread would be in the dump. But obviously..... never mind.

  3. #83
    [QUOTE=Gibby;4894596]
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post


    [/Q They grow up so fast don't they.
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I have no haters.

    Just people who think they're better fans which is terribly funny.

    SAR I
    I think you are a POS who needs his ass beat.

  4. #84
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    4,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Must we rehash this issue yet again?

    Not even before the end of page 1 of this 5 page thread, it turned into a MetLife thread. Older MetLife threads have been closed. This thread is nothing but a rerun of the same old stale arguments from the same people over and over. Please... If you don't like the stadium, you've told us so a million times. We got it. Now, shut the Fck up already. And for Scott, please stop perpetuating the tireless defense of the stadium you post. It's all for naught. The people you are arguing with don't care what you have to say. They don't acknowledge any logic to your points. Why bother? Why do you even care? Ignore them.

    If the Mods were sharp, this thread would be in the dump. But obviously..... never mind.
    Well said.

    And for those of you who are saying that Met Life is the worst stadium in the NFL, have you ever been to Ralph Wilson stadium in Buffalo. Try sitting on metal bleacher seats in the upper deck in Buffalo for three hours in December and you won't complain about Met Life.

    Or how about Soldier Field, renovated in 2003. A modern stadium sitting in the middle of an 80 year old facade. If you go to a game in September, you might be okay, but the seats are packed in so tight, if you are there in December and everyone is wearing heavy winter coats, you will feel like you can barely move. Seats are narrow, little room between rows. Not a comfortable place to watch a game.


    Maybe MetLife fell short of expectations, especially given the $1.6B budget, but, in my opinion, it is not close to the worst stadium in the NFL.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Well said.

    And for those of you who are saying that Met Life is the worst stadium in the NFL, have you ever been to Ralph Wilson stadium in Buffalo. Try sitting on metal bleacher seats in the upper deck in Buffalo for three hours in December and you won't complain about Met Life.

    Or how about Soldier Field, renovated in 2003. A modern stadium sitting in the middle of an 80 year old facade. If you go to a game in September, you might be okay, but the seats are packed in so tight, if you are there in December and everyone is wearing heavy winter coats, you will feel like you can barely move. Seats are narrow, little room between rows. Not a comfortable place to watch a game.


    Maybe MetLife fell short of expectations, especially given the $1.6B budget, but, in my opinion, it is not close to the worst stadium in the NFL.
    Correct. It is far from the "worst" stadium. In fact, as long as you are not stuck in the uppers, it is excellent. But then again, I fully accept the limitations a shared stadium creates (neutral, boring colors and little home team feeling to the decorating.) But SAR is 100% correct in saying that it is the fans, not the stadium, that makes the experience. Unfortunately, the Jets priced out a lot of people who would be sensational fans at the game.

  6. #86
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I think you are a POS who needs his ass beat.

  7. #87
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,153
    Dump.

    Who cares about crapholes in Minnesota or Georgia. The Jets have a great stadium, 99 percent of the 55000 PSL holders are happy with their seats, there is no mass exodus and, personaly speaking, I was able to escape from the awful UD to LSL, high row, the best value seats in the stadium

  8. #88
    Rah vs Scar: Battle of the best bears!

    $5 says Scar runs Rah over with his 3 series to win the World Heavybear Championship.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Cowboys Stadium is in Dallas, TX

    MetLife Stadium is in a swamp in NJ.

    The cost of living in an swamp in NJ is less than NYC.

    Having to teach you the basics of geography is fun.
    NYC Metro area contractors and union workers built the stadium. They don't live in a swamp (even though that's how they smell).

    I really don't need to go any further.

    SAR I

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Must we rehash this issue yet again?

    Not even before the end of page 1 of this 5 page thread, it turned into a MetLife thread. Older MetLife threads have been closed. This thread is nothing but a rerun of the same old stale arguments from the same people over and over. Please... If you don't like the stadium, you've told us so a million times. We got it. Now, shut the Fck up already. And for Scott, please stop perpetuating the tireless defense of the stadium you post. It's all for naught. The people you are arguing with don't care what you have to say. They don't acknowledge any logic to your points. Why bother? Why do you even care? Ignore them.

    If the Mods were sharp, this thread would be in the dump. But obviously..... never mind.
    If "rehashing" was outlawed on Jets Insider, we'd have 3 threads on the Landing Strip. Everything is a rehash between May and July.

    Dave don't like Stadium thread, Dave don't read Stadium thread. Pretty simple concept.

    SAR I

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    If "rehashing" was outlawed on Jets Insider, we'd have 3 threads on the Landing Strip. Everything is a rehash between May and July.

    Dave don't like Stadium thread, Dave don't read Stadium thread. Pretty simple concept.

    SAR I
    That's not the issue. What benefit do you possibly get out of debating the same issue over and over again with a small group of people who don't listen to a thing you say, who don't bother to even consider the logic to the argument? Do you actually enjoy that? It's futile. It's a waste of effort. It's polarizing on this board.

    By the way, a thread about other stadiums is fine, but that is not what this thread is. It is just another disguised attempt for the negative nabobs to slam the Jets and the stadium for the millionth time. That's why this thread should be moved to the dump forthwith. This thread has become a lie.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The Giants and Jets couldn't agree on any designs so that is why our stadium looks like a central AC. And we got raped by the unions.
    What a load of BS. The Jets Westside stadium was vehemently opposed by James Dolan owner of MSG and the Knicks who feared the Jet Westside Stadium would take away concert and other venues from MSG. Dolan is smart and Woody is not. Dolan had the Albany politicians eg Sheldon Silver in his hip pocket while Woody hired L. Jay Cross a real estate developer to argue for the Jets Westside Stadium in a publicity campaign. After the failure of Jets Westside Stadium Cross became the CEO in charge of developing te Hudson Yards, the site where the Jets Westside Stadium ws to be built. What's your paranoid fantasies about labor unions all about anyway? Met Life Stadium was built to specifications by union workers, they had nothing to do with the design of the stadium.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...t-office-moves
    Last edited by rajensen088; 05-16-2013 at 09:43 AM.

  13. #93
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4894931]NYC Metro area contractors and union workers built the stadium. They don't live in a swamp (even though that's how they smell).

    I really don't need to go any further.

    SAR I

    I take it jokes aren't your thing.

  14. #94
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,572
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Thank you for proving my points:

    1. The people who whine about the stadium are those who watch the games in mom's basement with a bag of stale pretzels and warm beer.

    2. Jets fans are cheap and thus the reason ownership didn't foot the bill for a dome.

    SAR I
    Dude, YOU whine about the stadium too, when you're honest - the noise, the poor quality of every other seat in the building except yours, the parking situation for you and others who won't pay for GREEN level, etc., etc., etc.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post



    I think you are a POS who needs his ass beat.
    Is this a threat or a homosexual proposition?

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Well said.

    And for those of you who are saying that Met Life is the worst stadium in the NFL, have you ever been to Ralph Wilson stadium in Buffalo. Try sitting on metal bleacher seats in the upper deck in Buffalo for three hours in December and you won't complain about Met Life.

    Or how about Soldier Field, renovated in 2003. A modern stadium sitting in the middle of an 80 year old facade. If you go to a game in September, you might be okay, but the seats are packed in so tight, if you are there in December and everyone is wearing heavy winter coats, you will feel like you can barely move. Seats are narrow, little room between rows. Not a comfortable place to watch a game.


    Maybe MetLife fell short of expectations, especially given the $1.6B budget, but, in my opinion, it is not close to the worst stadium in the NFL.
    Lambeau field still has bleacher seats in the lower level....you can't replicate that in a modern stadium or people would scream...however, try to upgrade those seats?

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    Dude, YOU whine about the stadium too, when you're honest - the noise, the poor quality of every other seat in the building except yours, the parking situation for you and others who won't pay for GREEN level, etc., etc., etc.
    Yeah, but besides that.

    SAR I

  18. #98
    I went to giants stadium watching the jets, yes it was a dump, and yes I get the whole Jersey swampland stigma, but come on the new ground surely can't be as bad as being portrayed.

    I was looking forward to seeing it for the first time next season, looks great on pics, videos etc.

    Take it I'm in for a surprise?

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    That's not the issue. What benefit do you possibly get out of debating the same issue over and over again with a small group of people who don't listen to a thing you say, who don't bother to even consider the logic to the argument? Do you actually enjoy that? It's futile. It's a waste of effort. It's polarizing on this board.

    By the way, a thread about other stadiums is fine, but that is not what this thread is. It is just another disguised attempt for the negative nabobs to slam the Jets and the stadium for the millionth time. That's why this thread should be moved to the dump forthwith. This thread has become a lie.
    Let us have our fun. Murdering our head coach, our quarterback, our general manager, and the waterboy can only go so far.

    You can stop being the stadium thread police now. Don't click on it, it's like it isn't even here.

    SAR I

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    I went to giants stadium watching the jets, yes it was a dump, and yes I get the whole Jersey swampland stigma, but come on the new ground surely can't be as bad as being portrayed.

    I was looking forward to seeing it for the first time next season, looks great on pics, videos etc.

    Take it I'm in for a surprise?


    Chunky looks pretty bland on the outside but, boy, does it taste good on the inside.

    SAR I

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us