Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone see the Vikings and Falcons stadium proposals?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Where are your seats in the stadium again? I forget.

SAR I
    It's adorable how proud you are of your season tickets.

Maybe if our stadium wasn't in an overpriced dead body infested swamp in another state, more people would go.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    What does this have to do with anything? Visiting fans even know MetLife sucks. You don't need season tickets to know the stadiums awful.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    This makes sense.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The stadium looks like sh1t on the outside but is pretty decent once inside

However, for being brand new, it's a huge disappointment compared to "what could have been"

The new Cardinals Stadium, new Cowboys Stadium, and now these stadiums coming out blow our Giant AC Unit out of the water....

Even stadiums built a few years before ours are much better like the Texans and Seawhawks stadiums

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Uhhh bro I don't have ST's. Only shmucks and nancies pay full price for preseason games.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiK3zXn2-6A

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Colts got it right. Best architecture in the league.

Forget the Gawdy stuff

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too bad it doesn't actually create cold air for Aug n Sept games. Shade side only helps so much.

Staidium is fine. Depending where ya sit, it could be awesome. Get what ya pay for. If you don't pay for seats, don't think they care bout your opinion.

The idea of vibrating seats is retarded.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most fans know our stadium is currently the worst in the league. 3 seasons old and it's already the worst in the league. I wonder though why the media has never been critical of it? Seems there are some special interests being protected.

Truth be told I am never going to forgive Woody, Sheldon Silver, and James Dolan for blocking the west side stadium. We would be Manhattan's team right now. Instead we play second fiddle in a nondescript oval made of huge razor blades, across the parking lot from an 8 year old's art project.
    LOL. Maybe they reused leftover/unbuilt plans from Gillette stadium.

The exterior really is horrific, it looked halfway decent in renderings, but the reality is abysmal. Just a hunk of nondescript nothing, overshadowed by the art project neighbor.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We needed to get a guy like Donald Trump involved in building a stadium, We got all the politicians involved and the price doubled because of greed, unions, corruption etc.

That being said I enjoy every trip to Metlife Stadium. Tailgating is enjoyable and the stadium is enormous. I don't have PSLs and only make 3 trips a year. I enjoy every game win or lose.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FlagmanL11;4894368]

[/Q They grow up so fast don't they.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uhhh bro I don't have ST's. Only shmucks and nancies pay full price for preseason games.
    Thank you for proving my points:

1. The people who whine about the stadium are those who watch the games in mom's basement with a bag of stale pretzels and warm beer.

2. Jets fans are cheap and thus the reason ownership didn't foot the bill for a dome.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    It's adorable how proud you are of your season tickets.

Maybe if our stadium wasn't in an overpriced dead body infested swamp in another state, more people would go.
    Attending NFL games isn't a poor man's right anymore. The days of $2 tickets and blue collar types in the warm embrace of Gang Green's bosom are long gone.

There are 16,500 fans who actually, wait for it, spend money to watch the Jets, own an average of 3 seats each, occupy the PSL locations, and we like the stadium just fine thank you.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    What does this have to do with anything? Visiting fans even know MetLife sucks. You don't need season tickets to know the stadiums awful.
    The 80,000 fans who fill the facility each week disagree.

The stadium is exactly what we wanted. Our own facility, no Giants branding, brand new, spacious concourses, lots of food/merchandise choices, and most importantly, no more riff-raff to contend with. Banished to the upper deck, we only have to interact with them on the escalators.

All any season ticket holder in Giants Stadium ever wanted was the ability to pay what we wanted for the seat location we wanted. Touchdown.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    The Colts got it right. Best architecture in the league.

Forget the Gawdy stuff
    Have you been to Indianapolis? I have. You think the bricks on the facade are pretty? LOL. It sits in the dumpy part of town, they have no parking, and the concourses are tiny and claustrophobic. There is only one way in/out and the mass of people at the end of a game is epic.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The oragami design of one of the Atl stadiums looks dumb as hell, but the "Solarium" one looks nice. Kinda looks like the westside proposal for the Jets.

The Vikings stadium, on the other hand...well, then. I don't know if I should watch a football game in it or send Jeff Goldblum and Will Smith into it to load a computer virus in order to save the world.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post

The exterior really is horrific, it looked halfway decent in renderings, but the reality is abysmal. Just a hunk of nondescript nothing, overshadowed by the art project neighbor.
    No one cares about the exterior of a stadium.

Inside, where it counts, it's state-of-the-art and an absolute pleasure compared to Giants Stadium. Typically, those who don't attend games have no clue what matters to season ticket holders and PSL owners. Here's what we want:

1. Pick any seat we want to sit in, no blocking by old farts grandfathered in since 1960.

2. Allow our checkbooks to put us in a location that's far away from the blue collar riff-raff whose drunken boorish behavior ruins the experience for ourselves and our families.

3. High gameday prices to ensure that old farts and drunken boors stay away for good.

4. Reserved parking that allows us to arrive only an hour before gametime without concern of being blocked out.

5. Spacious concourses, low-lines at bathrooms, good food choices, strong souvenir shopping.

6. Quick egress after games, no jammed parking lots.

The louvers on the outside of the stadium? LOL. No season ticket holder or PSL owner gives a rats ass about that. Sorry it makes your basement TV unhappy. It's what goes on inside the facility that counts. Got some old geezer out of his seats (finally). Got the smelly dirtbag drunks out of my nostrils and ears (finally). Get to my car quickly and without gridlock (finally). Trains to keep the parking lots less congested (finally). It's all win.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    You said it more directly than I did! Those were exactly my first and third points. Agree 100%
    LOL. Didn't see your post b.c we posted within a minute of each other. But everything you said is correct. $1.6B without a roof is laughable.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for proving my points:

1. The people who whine about the stadium are those who watch the games in mom's basement with a bag of stale pretzels and warm beer.

2. Jets fans are cheap and thus the reason ownership didn't foot the bill for a dome.

SAR I
    Sorry, I personally choose not to commit every Sunday to spending the day with the riff raff of blue collared, beer guzzling season ticket holders such as yourself. So I apologize, but I am not interested in season tickets at this time.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I personally choose not to commit every Sunday to spending the day with the riff raff of blue collared, beer guzzling season ticket holders such as yourself. So I apologize, but I am not interested in season tickets at this time.
    He sells half of his tickets on stubhub, don't let him fool you.