Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone see the Vikings and Falcons stadium proposals?

Hall Of Fame
    Please don't take the bait. This thread was tailor-made.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    No one cares about the exterior of a stadium.

Inside, where it counts, it's state-of-the-art and an absolute pleasure compared to Giants Stadium. Typically, those who don't attend games have no clue what matters to season ticket holders and PSL owners. Here's what we want:

1. Pick any seat we want to sit in, no blocking by old farts grandfathered in since 1960.

2. Allow our checkbooks to put us in a location that's far away from the blue collar riff-raff whose drunken boorish behavior ruins the experience for ourselves and our families.

3. High gameday prices to ensure that old farts and drunken boors stay away for good.

4. Reserved parking that allows us to arrive only an hour before gametime without concern of being blocked out.

5. Spacious concourses, low-lines at bathrooms, good food choices, strong souvenir shopping.

6. Quick egress after games, no jammed parking lots.

The louvers on the outside of the stadium? LOL. No season ticket holder or PSL owner gives a rats ass about that. Sorry it makes your basement TV unhappy. It's what goes on inside the facility that counts. Got some old geezer out of his seats (finally). Got the smelly dirtbag drunks out of my nostrils and ears (finally). Get to my car quickly and without gridlock (finally). Trains to keep the parking lots less congested (finally). It's all win.

SAR I
    People who care about architecture and aesthetics do. Judging by the taste (or lack thereof) you've exhibited here by what you consider 'impressive', you would certainly say something as ignorant as that.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    People who care about architecture and aesthetics do. Judging by the taste (or lack thereof) you've exhibited here by what you consider 'impressive', you would certainly say something as ignorant as that.
    It's a stadium. It's a giant bowl. What the façade looks like to someone who has no intention of going there is of no consequence.

Citi Field looks like Ebbets Field. A real beauty. Is that helping the Mets win? Is it filling the seats with fans who just adore the aesthetics and taste level of the architecture?

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Sorry, I personally choose not to commit every Sunday to spending the day with the riff raff of blue collared, beer guzzling season ticket holders such as yourself. So I apologize, but I am not interested in season tickets at this time.
    Awesome.

Then keep your trap shut about the design of a stadium you will never spend time in and, instead, try saying "thank you" to those of us who subsidize the games you get for free on TV.

SAR I

Awesome.

Then keep your trap shut about the design of a stadium you will never spend time in and, instead, try saying "thank you" to those of us who subsidize the games you get for free on TV.

SAR I
    I've spent plenty of time in it.
    Its far from terrible.

But.... They have priced fans out of the building for an inferior product.

I was at the 9ners game (tix I think you sold) to look across the field in disgust as MetLife became a sea of RED. I was at the butt fumble game. but the 9ners game was the most pathetic thing I've ever seen.

So thank you Mr. I love the stadium so much i sell my tickets SAR I.

Awesome.

SAR I
    TV Networks pay more money than you ever will for the NFL, the NFL could not have any fans at the stadium and they would still make money.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Most fans know our stadium is currently the worst in the league. 3 seasons old and it's already the worst in the league. I wonder though why the media has never been critical of it? Seems there are some special interests being protected.

Truth be told I am never going to forgive Woody, Sheldon Silver, and James Dolan for blocking the west side stadium. We would be Manhattan's team right now. Instead we play second fiddle in a nondescript oval made of huge razor blades, across the parking lot from an 8 year old's art project.
    +1

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    A few thoughts immediately come to mind...

1. This stadium was constructed in NJ with certain labor costs and bidding processes that are, let's just say, not the most efficient.

2. The planning and initiation of the stadium project started before the financial implosion at a time of high real estate costs with a target customer base (season ticket holders) who were expected to be much more affluent and not stuck in a 10% unemployment situation during the first few years.

3. When you are in charge of your own design and stadium, you come up with something that works well for you and your fans. When you have to compromise with someone else, as the Jets and Giants did, you end up with a compromised stadium that is decent but isn't optimal for either party.

4. How did these idiots spend $1.6B and not put a retractable roof on the stadium?? Seriously. Even here in Arizona there's a retractable roof. I don't buy the argument that a retractable roof means you have to close it when the weather is bad and it hurts your "cold weather advantage" if a team like Miami or San Diego came to NJ for the playoffs. The Cardinals hosted the NFC Championship Game a few years ago against the Eagles (I went). It was a gorgeous, sunny 60 degree day in January in the dessert. They closed the roof to keep the homefield noise advantage. Bottom line - You can close it when you want and open it when you want.....your choice.

(rant over)
    Allow me to continue the rant...

I get the fact that labor costs A LOT more in NJ than most other locations. But then I look at the new stadium in Dallas which was built for a measley $1.1 billion and then our stadium at $1.6 billion. Thats a HALF BILLION more for our fugly building. That is unacceptable in my mind by any standards, regardless of labor cost. You can't convince me that we could not have done better.

The 80,000 fans who fill the facility each week disagree.

The stadium is exactly what we wanted. Our own facility, no Giants branding, brand new, spacious concourses, lots of food/merchandise choices, and most importantly, no more riff-raff to contend with. Banished to the upper deck, we only have to interact with them on the escalators.

All any season ticket holder in Giants Stadium ever wanted was the ability to pay what we wanted for the seat location we wanted. Touchdown.

SAR I
    Actually the 80,000 don't all agree with you. I really don't understand how you can even make a stupid statement like that. My uncle has season tickets and I go to every game and we both think it sucks. I know plenty of other season ticket holders including Giants ST holders who think it sucks too.. But good argument that if someone pays for ST that they love the stadium.. Ever think that maybe it's because they love the franchise?
    Last edited by Jet Life; 05-15-2013 at 09:37 PM.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post
    I've spent plenty of time in it.
    Its far from terrible.

But.... They have priced fans out of the building for an inferior product.

I was at the 9ners game (tix I think you sold) to look across the field in disgust as MetLife became a sea of RED. I was at the butt fumble game. but the 9ners game was the most pathetic thing I've ever seen.

So thank you Mr. I love the stadium so much i sell my tickets SAR I.
    I sell my tickets this year only because the team is crap and is being run by a clown.

I will be back with bells on once he's gone next season. I'm into the Jets for $200,000 in the next 30 years, I don't think I need to answer to you.

SAR I

All Pro
    It's a stadium. It's a giant bowl. What the façade looks like to someone who has no intention of going there is of no consequence.

Citi Field looks like Ebbets Field. A real beauty. Is that helping the Mets win? Is it filling the seats with fans who just adore the aesthetics and taste level of the architecture?

SAR I
    Means nothing from someone who has to look those words up in the dictionary before writing them down. There's a lot more to a stadium than sitting in the seat, not that you'd have any idea. You know what they say - you can't buy taste. (you've posted pictures of the inside of your house)

I sell my tickets this year only because the team is crap and is being run by a clown.

I will be back with bells on once he's gone next season. I'm into the Jets for $200,000 in the next 30 years, I don't think I need to answer to you.

SAR I
    Just giving you the thanks you wanted. But if you think 1 billion+ for an "average" modern day stadium is cool then you have every right too. Thanks again for that awesome experience BTW.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Means nothing from someone who has to look those words up in the dictionary before writing them down. There's a lot more to a stadium than sitting in the seat, not that you'd have any idea. You know what they say - you can't buy taste. (you've posted pictures of the inside of your house)
    I don't have to look up anything in the dictionary. I got a good education.

That was my old house. I live somewhere substantially better now. Since you like the dictionary so much, look up the meaning of the term "starter home" and then look up the meaning of the phrase "multi-million dollar estate".

I'm sorry the Jets didn't make a pretty outside perimeter of the stadium you're never going to sit in. The world weeps for you.

SAR I

My god, what a douche.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post
    Just giving you the thanks you wanted. But if you think 1 billion+ for an "average" modern day stadium is cool then you have every right too. Thanks again for that awesome experience BTW.
    Cowboys Stadium cost $1.3B.

MetLife Stadium cost $1.6B.

The cost of living index in NYC is 61% higher than Dallas, Texas.

Cowboys Stadium would have cost $2.1B in NYC.

MetLife Stadium would have cost $971M in Dallas, Texas.

Having to teach everyone the basics of economics is getting tiresome.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    My god, what a douche.
    +1

You would think she would realize how unimportant the design of the stadium is to its paying customers.

"The new Bud Light bottle looks awful, I'm totally passionate about how much I hate it. I don't drink beer."

SAR I

are we really talking about the exterior look of our 1.6 billion state of the art stadium (which is far from bad)? you people are insane. I've been to a bunch of games since the stadium has opened, and have always thought it was top notch.

jets fans will find a reason to complain about anything...jeez

Awesome.

SAR I
    Funny that for someone who crys about being talked down to, picked on or insulted (YOU) it's obvious that you feel you can do it to others?

You can't have youre cake and eat it too SAR becasue if you did? you might not be able to fit your butt in your seat lol

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    are we really talking about the exterior look of our 1.6 billion state of the art stadium (which is far from bad)? you people are insane. I've been to a bunch of games since the stadium has opened, and have always thought it was top notch.

jets fans will find a reason to complain about anything...jeez
    Thank you.

It's not perfect, but it's 300% better than Giants Stadium and Shea Stadium both outside and inside.

Complain about Rex Ryan. "That's unacceptable!"

Complain about John Idzik. "You suck!"

Complain about Woody Johnson. "Yes!"

Complain about Mark Sanchez. "That's cool!"

Complain about MetLife Stadium. "That's awesome!"

JI Jets fans are wired like no other fanbase in the world, I swear.

SAR I

Who cares about the aesthetics of the football stadium. The only thing that matters is winning and the product on the field. The rest is total bullsh*t. Vibrating seats on a big hit? WTF do I care? Just make the damn hit and get off the field on 3rd down! I don't want a vibrating seat; I want the seat with extra leg room I was promised in this stadium (and yes, SAR, I'm a PSL owner in lower bowl) and a winning football team. The rest is a waste of money.

(On a side note, I don't even want WIFI, but if you are going to offer it to me, why can't it work right? Fu*k the aesthetics.)
    Last edited by escamoter2; 05-15-2013 at 10:13 PM.