Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone see the Vikings and Falcons stadium proposals?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Thank you.

It's not perfect, but it's 300% better than Giants Stadium and Shea Stadium both outside and inside.

Complain about Rex Ryan. "That's unacceptable!"

Complain about John Idzik. "You suck!"

Complain about Woody Johnson. "Yes!"

Complain about Mark Sanchez. "That's cool!"

Complain about MetLife Stadium. "That's awesome!"

JI Jets fans are wired like no other fanbase in the world, I swear.

SAR I
    the grass is always greener, not to mention the short memory people have. Giant stadium....now that sucked.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Section 224B View Post
    Funny that for someone who crys about being talked down to, picked on or insulted (YOU) it's obvious that you feel you can do it to others?

You can't have youre cake and eat it too SAR becasue if you did? you might not be able to fit your butt in your seat lol
    I defend myself when attacked. Anyone would.

Those who feel they can wave their poverty in our face need to expect us to wave our wealth in theirs. No one said life is fair. No one said that everyone gets to fly first class. No one said that NFL games would be affordable.

If we're going to feel sorry for the fans who can't attend games, well, we're going to celebrate for the fans who can. For years, the rich were frozen out of the good seats by the poor. Finally, we can buy our way in. Just like every other walk of life. Be happy for us. We waited a long time, some of us 20 years, just to get a seat in our names that was worth sitting in.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cowboys Stadium cost $1.3B.

MetLife Stadium cost $1.6B.

The cost of living index in NYC is 61% higher than Dallas, Texas.

Cowboys Stadium would have cost $2.1B in NYC.

MetLife Stadium would have cost $971M in Dallas, Texas.

Having to teach everyone the basics of economics is getting tiresome.

SAR I
    Where did I compare it to Dallas???

I live in born and raised and currently own a home in NJ. i have lived in NC i know all to well about the about CPI differences state to state. Fact is MetLife is an average Modern day stadium and did very little to inspire any type of "Home field advantage" 3rd down just isn't as loud as it once was. Or haven't you noticed?

Did you notice your further away from the field?? Or that the once heralded meadowland winds no longer exist?? Or that the other people buying these PSL aren't even fans???? Yea they did an awesome Job keep telling your self that.
    Last edited by SgtAshton; 05-15-2013 at 10:17 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I defend myself when attacked. Anyone would.

Those who feel they can wave their poverty in our face need to expect us to wave our wealth in theirs. No one said life is fair. No one said that everyone gets to fly first class. No one said that NFL games would be affordable.

If we're going to feel sorry for the fans who can't attend games, well, we're going to celebrate for the fans who can. For years, the rich were frozen out of the good seats by the poor. Finally, we can buy our way in. Just like every other walk of life. Be happy for us. We waited a long time, some of us 20 years, just to get a seat in our names that was worth sitting in.

SAR I
    You never cease to entertain me, which is why I will never understand your haters.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    the grass is always greener, not to mention the short memory people have. Giant stadium....now that sucked.
    One of my 3 seats in the Giants Stadium mezzanine was directly under an upper deck drain pipe. For 9 seasons, I sat under that thing and when the rain collected up there a stream of water poured down onto that seat. I mean poured. Imagine a high-pressure garden hose coming down 30 feet. You could cut rock with that thing.

Sitting directly behind me in Giants Stadium were a group of 6 guys, all in their 50's, all blue-collar types, all wearing ill-fitting Klecko jerseys. They'd sneak their brown bags into the stadium, eat Italian subs, drink beer, and burp and fart and curse and spit all over me.

Getting in and out of Giants Stadium was a traffic nightmare. Getting through security was a disaster. Being forced to walk up the spirals to get to the seats was ridiculous. The dark and narrow concourses were brutal. The lack of food options and long lines terrible. The bathroom wait could kill all of halftime and part of the third quarter.

Good riddance. And don't get me started on Shea Stadium and how the New York Mets and the City of New York sh-t all over the New York Jets far worse than the Giants or the State of New Jersey ever did.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post
    Where did I compare it to Dallas???

I live in born and raised and currently own a home in NJ. i have lived in NC i know all to well about the about CPI differences state to state. Fact is MetLife is an average Modern day stadium and did very little to inspire any type of "Home field advantage" 3rd down just isn't as loud as it once was. Or haven't you noticed?

Did you notice your further away from the field?? Or that the once heralded meadowland winds no longer exist?? Or that the other people buying these PSL aren't even fans???? Yea they did an awesome Job keep telling your self that.
    Good post, my responses:

You didn't compare it to Dallas, others did. However, you questioned the value and as a point of comparison the two stadiums built simultaneously in the same economic environment shows that MetLife was a bargain compared to Cowboys.

The homefield advantage never comes from the concrete and the plastic seats. It always comes from the fans in it. Giants Stadium, Shea Stadium, the Polo Grounds, no matter where we physically play, wherever there are 80,000 screaming Jets fans is Jets Stadium.

Yes, we all sit farther away from the field. But we finally get to choose our own seating location and that trumps everything else. You need to understand that the 16,500 executive PSL owners of 2013 were the 16,500 new college graduates of 1986 who were waitlisted for 8+ years, couldn't get seats in the pre-internet afternarket, and were frozen out by old farts who squatted in the good locations, sold half the tickets for 2x face value to brokers, attended the other half of the games for free.

We paid our dues. We suffered for decades on waitlists or in nosebleeds. It's our time to be recognized now. It's our time to be celebrated. But no, all we hear is how we are 'sheep' and how we are 'wasting our money' and how we're supposed to pity the 'displaced old timers'. Screw that. They had their 30 year run. They profited on the backs of younger fans. Our turn now.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 05-15-2013 at 10:29 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    You never cease to entertain me, which is why I will never understand your haters.
    I have no haters.

Just people who think they're better fans which is terribly funny.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good post, my responses:

You didn't compare it to Dallas, others did. However, you questioned the value and as a point of comparison the two stadiums built simultaneously in the same economic environment shows that MetLife was a bargain compared to Cowboys.

The homefield advantage never comes from the concrete and the plastic seats. It always comes from the fans in it. Giants Stadium, Shea Stadium, the Polo Grounds, no matter where we physically play, wherever there are 80,000 screaming Jets fans is Jets Stadium.

Yes, we all sit farther away from the field. But we finally get to choose our own seating location and that trumps everything else. You need to understand that the 16,500 executive PSL owners of 2013 were the 16,500 new college graduates of 1986 who were waitlisted for 8+ years, couldn't get seats in the pre-internet afternarket, and were frozen out by old farts who squatted in the good locations, sold half the tickets for 2x face value to brokers, attended the other half of the games for free.

We paid our dues. We suffered for decades on waitlists or in nosebleeds. It's our time to be recognized now. It's our time to be celebrated. But no, all we hear is how we are 'sheep' and how we are 'wasting our money' and how we're supposed to pity the 'displaced old timers'. Screw that. They had their 30 year run. Our turn now.

SAR I
    Got it. And after reading your old experiences I can understand. You just really hated giants stadium. (Those bathrooms really did suck) I honestly just think its average. And the stadium fan base has become dismal.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got it. And after reading your old experiences I can understand. You just really hated giants stadium. (Those bathrooms really did suck) I honestly just think its average. And the stadium fan base has become dismal.
    The only time the crowd seemed really good was that one home game against the Pats where you could CLEARLY hear the "Brady Sucks" chants.

I was watching from a bar in Boston surrounded by a bunch of idiot Pats* fans and was so proud!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have 2nd row season tickets at the new stadium.....But bottom line is this:

I like the tailgating space and the easy access walking in and out of the stadium.

The new stadium is OK when inside, but when I think of what could have been, there is no excuse

When I look around the league at other relatively new stadiums, they all have features and designs that destroy our stadium in comparison.....

Also, the sound is awful for homefield advantage purposes....Not sure if that has to do with weak Jet fans or the design of the stadium......The old Giants Stadium got much louder from what I remember

I just don't understand it.....Who are the jerkoffs that signed off on this design?? Like how can the "Giant AC Unit" be the final product??

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    I have 2nd row season tickets at the new stadium.....But bottom line is this:

I like the tailgating space and the easy access walking in and out of the stadium.

The new stadium is OK when inside, but when I think of what could have been, there is no excuse

When I look around the league at other relatively new stadiums, they all have features and designs that destroy our stadium in comparison.....

Also, the sound is awful for homefield advantage purposes....Not sure if that has to do with weak Jet fans or the design of the stadium......The old Giants Stadium got much louder from what I remember

I just don't understand it.....Who are the jerkoffs that signed off on this design?? Like how can the "Giant AC Unit" be the final product??
    It's the weak fans that now occupy it. You know, the ones who think they are at the opera.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    The only time the crowd seemed really good was that one home game against the Pats where you could CLEARLY hear the "Brady Sucks" chants.

I was watching from a bar in Boston surrounded by a bunch of idiot Pats* fans and was so proud!
    I knew it was going down but the 9ners game made it official. I took my father with me (Dallas fan) he just kept commenting on how you would never see this at a giants or Philly game.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the stadium is average. But a hardcore football fan doesn't need some spaceship (Dallas) some retractable field (Arizona) or some throwback (Indianapolis); we just need a gridiron and 80,000 people in green.

The stadium fan base is no different than the Mets (no-shows), Yankees (no enthusiasm), or Knicks (fickle). Rangers fans are unique, the last of the old time fan bases. Today we are just tired. The roller coaster that Rex Ryan has put us on, the incredible regular season disappointments, the incredible post season highs, the dreadful Championship game collapses, the failure of young emerging talent, the continued dominance by the Patriots, it leaves us beat down. And ground & pound is boring, produces snooz-fest football. We're asked to cheer on every 3rd down (30x a game) and have nothing to cheer for on offense (2 great plays, maybe, per game) and by the third quarter all that useless clapping and blasting PA system leaves us punch drunk.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I knew it was going down but the 9ners game made it official. I took my father with me (Dallas fan) he just kept commenting on how you would never see this at a giants or Philly game.
    I know. Completely lame. It's all those Douchey, phony "fans" who care more about making everyone *think* they are wealthy than they care about actually watching the JETS and getting the stadium loud.

The noise disturbs their children, who are trying to sleep.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post

The sound is different on TV only. In the stadium, just as loud as ever. I'm positive the PA pumps in artificial crowd noise too, the same homefield advantage as previously existed.

The Jets and Giants signed off on a shared stadium. So the 'features' found in other new stadiums like logos and colors had to be sacrificed so as to not enrage one group over the other.

The reason for the louvers is because we had to have a neutral, semi-reflective surface because the color scheme lighting (green or blue) was a major feature and that's the right way to go. Couldn't have a white stadium (dirty). Couldn't have a brick stadium (no reflection). Aluminum is cool, does the job, no one cares.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I was in school at South Carolina, our stadium held roughly the same amount of people and the stadium would literally rock and sway during big games........You couldn't hear the person next to you when we were on defense

Now I realize there are a bunch of drunken college kids there at the game, but it's mostly other older fans

The comparison is laughable....Makes me pissed off anytime I go to the Jets game

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's the weak fans that now occupy it. You know, the ones who think they are at the opera.
    As opposed to the old fanbase that was so drunk they didn't even know a game was going on.

Cheering happens when the team does something great. Since 2010, the Jets haven't qualified. We don't beat teams with winning records, we don't compete for the playoffs, we are pwned by the Patriots, we have the worst offense in the NFL, the defense is always putting us in the hole, and the Ryan style of rope-a-dope football and 10-7 final scores puts the fans to sleep.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know. Completely lame. It's all those Douchey, phony "fans" who care more about making everyone *think* they are wealthy than they care about actually watching the JETS and getting the stadium loud.

Write a check for $20,000 for PSL's, write a check for $5,500 for gameday tickets, then you can offer your point of view about the fans you don't sit next to in a stadium you don't frequent.

And we're not pretending. We are wealthy. Season tickets are a rich-man's hobby, very few people can afford the $200,000 commitment over a 30 year period.

"Douchey" phony fans are those who are cheap, refuse to spend any money, and belittle other fellow Jets fans just because they have the cash that they lack. It's a terrible thing to see.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Philly's stadium sucks but the stadium fan base ...........ummmmm errr let me try to get this correct maybe philly is a bad example lol oh.... They were enthusiastic when I watched that ass kicking we took in 2011. So like SAR I said its the fans themselves not the building that bring the excitement. But I think in the case of Metlife a lot of fans have been priced out if the building. And I'm starting to go way off topic so ill stop there.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel sorry for the two unfortunate teams that bust their arses to get to the Super Bowl and have to play it in a frigid industrial armpit like East Rutherford.

It's unfair.