Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does this open the door for Vince Young to

Jets Insider VIP
    Vince Young had his chance and blew millions of dollars. He showed his true character and should not be allowed near the new Jet team. Theoretically, Vince Young has tremendous potential but we cannot afford character questions on the most important position on our team. My vote is no.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    And this, my friends, is why Idzik didn't hastily cut bait with Sanchez regardless of what some beat writers called for him to do.

+ 99999999

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    VY has the brain of a gnat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    He also played like crap the past two seasons and was not all that impressive in his first two. Great defense won for him. When he was asked to carry the team he stumbled and stunk up the place. What was he ranked #32 out 0f 32 QBs last year!
    I believe he was ranked #35 or 36, actually. No, I'm not joking!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I believe he was ranked #35 or 36, actually. No, I'm not joking!
    So that sounds like a pretty good backup QB. Why would you would you cut a guy you already paid, when he's a top 10 backup?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    be signed and for him to compete for the starting Qb job with the Jets. The Jets need another QB and I think he probably the best one out there.
    He'd be perfect for the Raiders. Fit right in.

All Pro
    God I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    So that sounds like a pretty good backup QB. Why would you would you cut a guy you already paid, when he's a top 10 backup?
    I have no problem with him being a backup!
    As long as he isn't causing any problems.

No way he sucks!!!

The Jets wouldn't let Vince Young anywhere near Geno Smith.

Garrard was going to be a good mentor for Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    What would make anyone thing that Sanchez is worse then whats out there? If the new OC is inclined to see what he can do with Sanchez, i certainly think thats a better option then bring in some garbage QB off the street.

Sanchez has won playoff games (on the road), and threw 26TD's in 2011, thats about 10 times more then anything you could say about any of the crap QB's out there.
    http://www.nfl.com/player/marksanchez/79858/profile 26 turnovers last season. 18 interceptions + 7 lost fumbles + 1 butt Fumble = 26.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 05-15-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Because he has a tendency to sulk on the sidelines. That is the last thing a young QB needs to see on the team. If Geno beats out the backup in a fair QB competition, Sanchez will pout like he just threw another pick 6.

http://www.nfl.com/player/marksanchez/79858/profile 26 turnovers last season. 18 interceptions + 7 lost fumbles + 1 butt Fumble = 26.
    got ya.

so based on his worst season as a pro we should discount his somewhat respectable 2011 season, his playoff wins/2 trips to AFCCG and go after a guy who has never even sniffed a good season.

i always kind of gave you the benefit of the doubt, but maybe u r a troll...

got ya.

so based on his worst season as a pro we should discount his somewhat respectable 2011 season, his playoff wins/2 trips to AFCCG and go after a guy who has never even sniffed a good season.

i always kind of gave you the benefit of the doubt, but maybe u r a troll...
    He has been one of the worst QB in the Nfl every regular season, he has been in the league. That is the fact. ( You think that isn't true) The sooner you admit that and move on, the faster the Jets will be better off.

There is a new Qb in town and that's who you should be pinning your hope on . The jury still out on him. Everyone knows M Sanchez the Qb ,and his many faults.( It's not one bad year)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 05-15-2013 at 10:10 PM.

VY isn't coming back. He burnt his bridges in Philly and Buffalo - 2 teams he could have easily won the starting job at if he had concentrated on just playing football.

Depth Chart looks like this week 1:

1. Sanchez
    2. Geno
    3. McElroy

He has been one of the worst QB in the Nfl every regular season, he has been in the league. That is the fact. ( You think that isn't true) The sooner you admit that and move on the faster the Jets will be better off.

There is a new Qb in town and that's who you should be pinning your hope on . The jury still out on him. Everyone knows M Sanchez the Qb ,and his many faults.
    focus, we are talking about Young vs Sanchez, not Sanchez vs the NFL...what makes u think Young is a more viable option?

focus, we are talking about Young vs Sanchez, not Sanchez vs the NFL...what makes u think Young is a more viable option?
    The Jets have to bring in a Veteran QB.( if not young who) Again you really think you can go into the season with 2/3 of the same 2012 QB on this roster.

I don't know if the Jet fan base can stomach seeing mark Sanchez under center ever again for the jets. IF there isn't anything out there do you just throw Geno Smith out there and let him learn under fire. Very risky move there.

You think M sanchez is a good QB for Geno Smith to learn from. Sanchez can say all the political correct things about Geno Smith(like Tebow) but if you really think hes going to help Smith in any way you're fooling yourself.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 05-15-2013 at 10:34 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    The Jets have to bring in a Veteran QB.( if not young who) Again you really think you can go into the season with 2/3 of the same 2012 QB on this roster.

I don't know if the Jet fan base can stomach seeing mark Sanchez under center ever again for the jets. IF there isn't anything out there do you just throw Geno Smith out there and let him learn under fire. Very risky move there.

You think M sanchez is a good QB for Geno Smith to learn from. I believe Sanchez even admitted he isn't going to help the rookie, as he looking to win that job.
    Garrard

End thread

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    are you ok? some of your posts makes zero sense and its becoming the norm...why are you worried about the jets???? The jets qb battle looks great compared to the raiders...why do you post idiocy??????

be signed and for him to compete for the starting Qb job with the Jets. The Jets need another QB and I think he probably the best one out there.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    I see you are either dense or just being coy....sanchez was the qb that went to 2 afc title games....something the raiders have not sniffed in eons.....I see your game....keep it going...you look dumber by the minute....I guess if I was a raider fan I would troll on another teams bored.....pathetic but kinda funny.

You Have two QBs on your roster who have proven they can't play- M Sanchez and Greg McElroy. You have a QB (Geno Smith) who we don't know about yet, but he might not be ready to play. What other options do you have.