Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New Story: QB Garrard to leave Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Haloti Ngata is still on the the Ravens, they will let Sanchez be speared in the back and pile driven one more time by him. Might as well, he's already scrambled Sanchez's brain, why let Geno's be, too? Let Sanchez be Ngata-fodder.
    If it takes til the ELEVENTH game for the O-Line to get it together we're in SERIOUS trouble!
    And don't downplay the retiring of Ray Lewis! He was the leader of that entire franchise, like it or not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I will watch, only to hear the deafening, relentless boos, and GENO chants.

And I will probably be as furious as I was the day they traded for TeBlow.

Seriously... Why would ANYONE want to see Sanchez out there AGAIN, rather than watching Geno figure it out?!
    I just don't understand some of these guys... It's like they never watched Sanchez play!
    Because we've been down that road already. If Geno played in a pro style offense it might make a little more sense but what he ran at WVU was analagous to kids playing touch football in the street. Dump it here watch your talented Wr's run. Throw it deep hoping your talented wr's can flat out run the defenders. Sure he has touch and a arm with mobility but he knows nothing about being a pro football QB - yet.

Let MM and Lee mold him and teach him the ropes so he can hopefullly develop into something Sanchez is not - a franchise QB.

Another Izdik Bust®

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayRay View Post

Personally, I'd probably go with Leftwich. But having Leinart on the same team as Sanchez would certainly be a hoot.
    SAR's wildest dreams would be a reality!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    I'll be ready to see Geno as soon as I'm confident our new O-line has jelled. Until then, keep Sanchez in there as a punching bag.
    Sure, that's been the strategy all along, why change now?

Disgusting.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    If it takes til the ELEVENTH game for the O-Line to get it together we're in SERIOUS trouble!
    And don't downplay the retiring of Ray Lewis! He was the leader of that entire franchise, like it or not!
    So let Sanchez take the hits until the O-line jells then let Geno in? Good thing they have that expensive punching bag on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Another Izdik Bust®
    Are you trade marking the word bust or the whole phrase?

Yes, and what an amazing coincidence that coincides with him starting to work out and test the knee and learn if it's in working order.

Presumably they arranged the contract to take something like this into account, and there will be no financial penalty to the Jets? They had to know him being healthy was a total long shot.
    I think he got a $100K signing bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I wanted him to come back, It is a shame when good guys who are good players get their career cut short. I think the jets should look around and just pick someone to help mentor Smith. Maybe Charlie Batch?
    +1

I always liked the guy. Shame he couldn't keep healthy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Because we've been down that road already. If Geno played in a pro style offense it might make a little more sense but what he ran at WVU was analagous to kids playing touch football in the street. Dump it here watch your talented Wr's run. Throw it deep hoping your talented wr's can flat out run the defenders. Sure he has touch and a arm with mobility but he knows nothing about being a pro football QB - yet.

Let MM and Lee mold him and teach him the ropes so he can hopefullly develop into something Sanchez is not - a franchise QB.
    You are 100% correct of course but FF has unfortunately derailed sound football judgment !!!

@ConorTOrr: Garrard had his knee looked at yesterday apparently. So, there's that. #nyj

So let Sanchez take the hits until the O-line jells then let Geno in? Good thing they have that expensive punching bag on the roster.
    If Geno seems capable they should start him week 1. We'll see in the preseason.

And just because Tannenbum made him a stupidly expensive punching bag does NOT mean he should start!

That's crazy talk.

We have to eat the contract, it sucks, but nothing we can do about it.
    That's why Tannenbaum was fired (among many other reasons)

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    actually i dont lol doesn't sound like anything i'd say though...

your post made no sense, i truly hope you've learned your lesson. and btw i really like tacos, i was going to get one 3 days ago.
    I am sorry for my cheap attack it was unwarranted and I do apologize.

I was only saying Garrard had an obligation to tell the Jets before he told the media.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post

Sad.

He's a good guy.
    Yup accurate but fragile, the only QB in the league with Crohn's Disease is calling it a day.

Veteran
    All in all it means more training camp snaps for the qbs left on the roster ... it will make Marty's decision a little easier ...
    Last edited by Gangrene; 05-15-2013 at 07:24 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Oh well.

Basically Geno's job to lose. It is a new offense so I don't see Sanchez having any sort of an advantage.

I feel like the ETrade baby getting ready to show his "shocked" face.

No surprise at all.

Unfortunately this all but assures Sensitive 6 will be on the roster. I very much doubt they'd go into the season with McElroy and Simms behind Geno, but one never knows. Perhaps they'll sign a veteran QB, but until then I'm back to assuming that Sensitive 6 will be on the team in some capacity.

Crappy. Was hoping he would start the year...

All Pro
    So who's left out there at QB that we can bring in . There has to be some veteran out there that's not done, and not 100 yrs old like Mark brunell.
    Last edited by Tinstar; 05-15-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    So who's left out there at QB that we can bring in . There has to be some veteran out there that's not done, and not 100 yrs old lie Mark brunell.
    I KNEW we shouldn't have given up #15 to that rookie!