Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New Story: QB Garrard to leave Jets

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Ten cent head? What did he do?
    He's got a great arm, can really spin the ball. The problem is he has no feel for the position. His brother Chris was the better QB, but the injury he suffered in Tampa ruined his career.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Oh well.

Basically Geno's job to lose. It is a new offense so I don't see Sanchez having any sort of an advantage.
    Uhhh maybe one: Been practicing the WCO for months with Garcia....

maybe two: knows his teammates

maybe three: 4 years NFL experience

Maybe four: He wants it... he doesn't have to be here, he has a million plus for every year of his life.

and five: he invested in a really cool headband

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    I'd be on the phone with the Eagles seeing what they'd want for Foles.. If that's too much, I look into Kolb. Both guys have had success under Mornhenwieg and would provide an alternative in case they dont think Geno is ready.
    Kolb? They could have signed him 2 months ago. Now you want to trade a pick for him and take on his contract:

The team didn't announce terms of the deal, but league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter late last month when Kolb agreed to sign that the quarterback received a two-year contract worth a maximum of $13 million.

All Pro
    It's funny, but everyone and their mother have basically given Greg McElroy zero chance at being the Starting QB of this team for 2013.

There were 6 QBs the day after the draft. Less than 1 month later, we now have 4 . Considering the Matt Simms is not really fooling anyone, we actually only have 3.

Mark Sanchez
    Greg McElroy
    Geno Smith

Sanchez got benched at the end of last season for McElroy. It would appear that things are being made right dispite the efforts of others . If you hold your peace, your battles will be faught for you.

DON'T TRADE FOR ANYONE.

go out and sign the least incompetent veteran available.

his job will be to compete for the 3rd QB spot with McElroy and/or take Sanchez's place if/when he's gone before the start of the season.

i'd look at current FAs like Brian Hoyer, Trent Edwards or Byron Leftwich.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post

Maybe four: He wants it... he doesn't have to be here, he has a million plus for every year of his life.

And all those "Jets West" camps really did him a lot of good, as we have seen with his play!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post

Board Member 2: This guy here is dead!
    Cross him off then.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Cross him off then.
    Thank god they didn't listen to sg3 and cut Sanchez!

Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    Board Member 1: I've never heard of half of these guys and the ones I do know are way past their prime.

Charlie Donovan: Most of these guys never had a prime.

Board Member 2: This guy here is dead!
    Then cross him off the list!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post

1. Legitimate but working with Penny didn't help him last year so you have to take it FWIW.

2. That might be a negative b.c they know him too.

3. The last 2 have been a negative experience.

4. Might be part of the reason why he sucks.

5. Could be the secret weapon. Or merely a sweat collector for Moore's ass.

Hall Of Fame
    So I guess the Jets were not really a circus after all for having 6 QBs on their roster at one point as the media was constantly pointing out.

I had Garrard starting and Sanchez getting cut...well, guess I got that one wrong. I find it hard to believe that this wasn't found out earlier...but, wish him well.

Now, I think it's Geno's to lose....

Sanchez threw a party when he heard about Garrard. The party was intercepted

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I am sorry for my cheap attack it was unwarranted and I do apologize.

I was only saying Garrard had an obligation to tell the Jets before he told the media.
    r u on some ban watch list or something?

i am sorry too, lets be friends...

Well as much as this throws a wrench in the plans of the up coming season, there are some positives.

The first and most important is the timing of this, before even OTA's start which allow the Jets a certain amount of flexibility on the decisions they will have to make.
    Allowing whom ever they bring in the time to make the adjustment and form the bonds need to lead the team if he can win the starters job.

Now having said that, we really need to find a solid veteran to push both the young kids, Smith & McElroy. It is still my belief that Mark needs to be moved before the start of the season.

So best case for the Jets is to find a
    QB who has played in MM system and could come in fully prepared to challenge and start from day one. If it means we have to give up a third or better four rounder next year so be it. No, I don't like it either but "stuff " happens. Again for the Jets, having this happen early allows them to make the best deal for hopefully a solid veteran at a reasonable price.
    The last thing we need is some bum who is going to just take a roster spot and not be able to challenge these guys, ie, Burnell.

As others have said this will be a huge test of how our new GM works on the fly. My personal hope is they don't throw Geno to the wolves and bring in someone who allow us to move Mark and still hold Geno out to learn and can start and be effective and win games for the Jets this season, not asking for much am I, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    It's funny, but everyone and their mother have basically given Greg McElroy zero chance at being the Starting QB of this team for 2013.
    Because he's terrible and can't throw past 10 yards in a game. He's Pennington minus the heart and game smarts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    He's got a great arm, can really spin the ball. The problem is he has no feel for the position. His brother Chris was the better QB, but the injury he suffered in Tampa ruined his career.
    I saw him throw last year at camp ... Awesome release and spin on the ball. Best in camp I'd say. Was wondering what the scoop on him was.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I wanted him to come back, It is a shame when good guys who are good players get their career cut short. I think the jets should look around and just pick someone to help mentor Smith. Maybe Charlie Batch?
    Oh hells no.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Mark was gonna start all along anyway.
    He gives us the best chance to win .... Lol.

The really amazing and the only good part of this news is that it came as a complete surprise nobody knew, the Bills DC would have spilled the beans and destroyed the draft, probably forcing the Jets to reach for a QB...

Thank you David Garrard for being a class act and not letting this out before the draft - you may go in peace

nice work Korn/Ferry on the GM selection process

Thank you John Idzik, Jr. for the best offseason in years