Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Panthers' Steve Smith rips Mark Sanchez

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    BTW what exactly is a 'paper bag sandwich"?
    I dunno. I've heard of paper bag money. Maybe that is what Smith was talking about.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Like I said, the Jets may have offered him the extension, but doesn't necessarily make it right.

And your saying the same thing I posted in your first sentence. Sanchez knows he's done and therefore he wouldn't even think of giving back any money.

But good, talented players have confidence in their abilities. They are willing to give back some money when they feel they didn't play as well as they could/should have in an off year. They are confident enough to know that next season they will play their a$$es off and start playing up to that prior level. So then they can go hit up the team for some more money. They have performance to back them up. They also get the personal satisfaction of knowing they did it themselves. Whereas, Sanchez is getting 8.25 million and he KNOWS he won't play anywhere near the kind of play level that is deserving of such an amount.

It was reported during the offseason that Idzik was asking Sanchez to take a paycut. You know why he never did? I just explained it to you. It's just another indictment against Sanchez.
    I think we are mostly on the same page. But I think the vast majority of players would not simply hand back guaranteed money w/o getting anything in return.

Sanchez deserves criticism of his play. I just think there has been a level of malice shown towards him that I don't particularly agree with. The malice is what I think is undeserved. This not some Ryan Leaf situation where he is a malcontent.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    The comments in this thread of him selling insurance and hot dogs are hilarious.

But lets be honest dude is set for life . He one of the last rookie classes to get the huge rookie contracts.

I believe he was one of if not the highest paid qbs in 2011 at just a little over 13 mill and is #38 on Forbes list this Year for highest paid athletes for 2012 at 24 mill. And is guaranteed 8 mill this year.

He will more than likely get another chance in NFL before he is out the league . Cause the Overall Conscious around the league is the Jets ruined him and gave him no help.

Only one has done it better
    Jamarcus sets the mother-truckin standard

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    In all seriousness, it's not even funny.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steve Smith is one of the biggest Dbags in the NFL!
    He punched one of his teamates in the face smashing his orbital bone.
    If Smith didn't make it in the NFL he'd be sweeping cigarette butts out of the curbs in the French Quarter.
    Low life Dbag!
    STFU!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'm not even a Sanchez fan

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    In all seriousness, it's not even funny.
    And in all funniness, it's not even that serious

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Steve Smith is one of the biggest Dbags in the NFL!
    He punched one of his teamates in the face smashing his orbital bone.
    If Smith didn't make it in the NFL he'd be sweeping cigarette butts out of the curbs in the French Quarter.
    Low life Dbag!
    STFU!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'm not even a Sanchez fan
    While your point still stands, it was Romanowski who smashed a teammate's orbital bone . Smith broke Ken Lucas's nose in their scuffle
    Last edited by Down, Set, Haiku; 05-16-2013 at 01:37 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even though it's true, it's so douchey and unnecessary that I hope Smith blows out his knee, which is douchey and unnecessary.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Even though it's true, it's so douchey and unnecessary that I hope Smith blows out his knee, which is douchey and unnecessary.
    Better yet (and as a bit of poetic justice), goes out like Mama Cass.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Agree completely.

You never want to get into a war of words with other players in he press but someone on this team better come to sanchez's defense immediately.

F$&k Steve smith.

The players will be asked about this and even a simple "why would I care what Steve smith says, he's a nobody" from someone like mangold or Wilkerson would suffice.
    The Jets players know than Sanchez sucks too, I don't know why you would think players will through support behind a guy they knows days are numbered. Steve Smith is pretty well respected around the league, he's a player.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Well what can the guy do he just isn't good at the position. It's not for lack of trying or anything. People act like he is being Jay Cutler a widely renowned ultra douche. He's just been minding his own business and trying to improve. I can't hammer on a guy like that. He's keeping his mouth shut and trying to work hard. And for that he continues to get slammed across the country. He didn't earn anything IMHO.

Contrast that with glorious Tim Tebow and you never feel the malice in people's criticism. But he is bad QB, if not actually worse than Sanchez.
    I may not be in the majority here, but I do feel the malice in all the rude things posters have to say about Tebow. I thought he was a nice kid. If people choose to slander him for his religious beilefs? I would tell them to FO.

Religion is not my thing, but I have no problem with someone who treats as a major part of their life.

But the biggest reason why I feel the malice toward Tim Tebow is because he wasn't making boo koo bucks for doing nothing. He was on his rookie contract and it was chump change. Not the same with Sanchez, he's getting WAY more than he's ever been deserving of. He's also killing the teams opportunity to get more competitive because he's taking up a guaranteed 8.25 million.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Better yet (and as a bit of poetic justice), goes out like Mama Cass.
    That was worth the google. "Steve Smith choked to death on a ham sandwich last night. Mark Sandwich was reportedly getting his schadenfreude on from his home in Southern California".....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    While your point still stands, it was Romanowski who smashed a teammate's orbital bone . Smith broke Ken Lucas's nose in their scuffle
    I stand corrected, I knew he did something Douchy & I know it wasn't the 1st time the guy is said to have a temper like a 2 year old.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    That was worth the google. "Steve Smith choked to death on a ham sandwich last night. Mark Sandwich was reportedly getting his schadenfreude on from his home in Southern California".....
    Chapeau, my old friend.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steve Smith can go f*ck himself. Sanchez may be a loser, but he's OUR loser.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    Steve Smith can go f*ck himself. Sanchez may be a loser, but he's OUR loser.
    LOL!
    Hard to drink liquids on this site sometimes

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Can you read?

I'm not talking about crowd support in the course of a game. I'm talking about criticism that Sanchez inevitably deals with from the fans whether it be when he's walking out on the field, going off the field after another dismal performance, walking out to his car after a game, coming in and leaving practice.

The Jets can only do so much to keep him insulated from the critics. If someone is within ear shot, they give to Sanchez.

And for good reason IMO, he's been a complete failure as a QB. Now, he refuses to take a paycut and give some money back to the team. He knows he simply does not have the talent to win any money back. If he had any confidence along those lines, he would take a paycut and then bust his A$$, become a better QB, go out on the field and play well for the team. Then, next offseason, he'd say, "I want that money back". I played better so I deserve it. But he KNOWS he's incapable of that.

So he's decided to ROB the team. He'll hold on that contract so tight it must be stuck up his A$$.

The Jets may have offered him the contract, but it doesn't mean it is right.
    Do you even think before you type? This is so retarded it makes my head hurt.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steve Smith is a legit superstar. But he's got 2 things working against him - he's angry and stupid.
    The comment was classless and uncalled for. But these things usually catch up with idiots like Smith who plays a position that's vulnerable to head hunting safeties.
    Whether you're a Sanchez fan or not, this comment should bother u as a Jet fan.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    I think we are mostly on the same page. But I think the vast majority of players would not simply hand back guaranteed money w/o getting anything in return.

Sanchez deserves criticism of his play. I just think there has been a level of malice shown towards him that I don't particularly agree with. The malice is what I think is undeserved. This not some Ryan Leaf situation where he is a malcontent.
    Well said.
    I'm no Sanchez fan, but can't help but feel for him.