Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Panthers' Steve Smith rips Mark Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Everything...😎👍...Dead On, brutha
    Thanks man. I'm so tired of this "better Jet fan" vs. SOJF nonsense. We're all fans and we all root a different way. What I'm tired of is people trying to defend the indefensible and paint everything with pretty pastels. Just keep it real. Whatever happened to the truth setting us free?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    Actually, I'm upset at so-called fans like yourself who are actually defending what the midget said. Who the hell is he to say anything about anybody, especially about a player he has never played with or hardly played against? How about he shuts his damn mouth and worry about is sorry ass team and his talented but sulking QB. At least Sanchez never sucker punched two team mates, which is a total b1tch move.

WE can rag on Sanchez, not anybody else. And even we don't have that right, because we generally suck as a fanbase. Full of whiney, SOJF woe-is-me jackasses who have no patience nor enough football knowledge. Sanchez sucked last year, so what? WTF did Sneak Puncher Smith do last year? Fvck this clown. I swear, this off-season has brought out the absolute worst in this fanbase. Some of you need to go root for another team, real talk.
    Excellent post Joey. Smith's scum. And the idiots who defend him just are clueless, well, idiots.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    Dude, I've been bleeding green since the mid 80s. I'm also a grown @ss man, so no I don't view any team I root for with those adolescent, "my team can do no wrong," eyes. Steve Smith said what probably the Jets receivers are thinking, and you know what else? He's right. I respect the truth. And what's with all this "only WE can rag on Sanchez nonsense" ? Is that dude your brother, close cousin, or wifey? Who gives a flying you-know-what what a WR for the Carolina Panthers says about Mark Sanchez? What matters is it's the truth, and yeah it does suck that the QB here is viewed league wide as a tw@t, but so what? That's just what he is as a QB.

I don't root blindly for crap, and he's been crap for the past 4 years, and he'll probably be crap for the next 4. The day he's gone will be a boon for this franchise. Wish all you want for a turnaround, but just be prepared to be severely disappointed.

As for Smith, yeah he's a midget, which makes the fact that at one point he was in the discussion for best at his position all that more amazing. Say what you will but Steve Smith would have been the best WR here had he been a Jet in the mid to late 2000s. The only thing that can defend Sanchez is... wait for it... the play of Mark Sanchez, and his play at the position has been absolutely indefensible. Picture me catching feelings over some crap QB who wont even be here past this season cause of what a great WR said about him. Heck, picture me catching feelings over anyone I don't know personally being dissed lol
    Dude, I don't care if your a grown ass man. So am I. Big f*cking deal. Neither has anything to do with the topic at hand, so let's just leave that **** out. I'm not a blind homer. Sanchez sucked last year, no doubt about that. I'm not defending him. What I'm saying is that as fans, we should not be OK with some player from another team dissing our players and our team. You seem to be ok with that, like Sanchez stole your lunch or something. I'm not. I'm not cool with another player talking smack about one of our own, ESPECIALLY from a lil b1tch like Steve Smith, who seems incapable of fighting someone straight up and resorts to sucker punching, TWICE. Lucky for him he didn't pull that on the streets where he would have been dealt with properly. Mighty Mouse needs to worry about his team. At least the Jets have a legit excuse for not making the playoffs, what's his teams excuse? Got a talented young QB and Smith himself, so what's problem? He should be trying to find an answer to that question instead of worrying about Sanchez.

As for a turnaround, I'm open for whatever. Say what you want, but you can't predict the future, otherwise you'd be cashing lottery tickets by now. Either Sanchez gets his **** together or Geno takes over, as long as the Jets win, I'm happy.

BTW in no one's mind but yours was Smith ever considered great. Good, very good, but great? Yeah I'll save that for Megatron, Larry Fitzgerald and Randy Moss in his prime.

Cool

Thanks man. I'm so tired of this "better Jet fan" vs. SOJF nonsense. We're all fans and we all root a different way. What I'm tired of is people trying to defend the indefensible and paint everything with pretty pastels. Just keep it real. Whatever happened to the truth setting us free?
    The truth is about to set you free right now: some fans ARE better than others. Better educated about the team and the sport. Better able to stay loyal no matter what. Better able to block out what the media is saying and what the Cheating Patriots are doing.

Real has just been kept.

The problem is fans who do nothing but whine, who don't know any better, and troll the board for their own selfish and insecurities, or their arrogance, to see themselves post, for attention, to thumb their noses at the next about how right they were, and as for the team, have a complete lack of football savvy and understanding that things don't always go the way we all hope, that doesn't mean the answer is always get rid of the player or coach. Jets fans have a sense of entitlement, we are starved for a bowl, I get that, but that doesn't give that fan the right to be an a-hole about it.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 05-18-2013 at 01:17 AM.

The truth is about to set you free right now: some fans ARE better than others. Better educated about the team and the sport. Better able to stay loyal no matter what. Better able to block out what the media is saying and what the Cheating Patriots are doing.

Real has just been kept.
    +1

Dude, I don't care if your a grown ass man. So am I. Big f*cking deal. Neither has anything to do with the topic at hand, so let's just leave that **** out. I'm not a blind homer. Sanchez sucked last year, no doubt about that. I'm not defending him. What I'm saying is that as fans, we should not be OK with some player from another team dissing our players and our team. You seem to be ok with that, like Sanchez stole your lunch or something. I'm not. I'm not cool with another player talking smack about one of our own, ESPECIALLY from a lil b1tch like Steve Smith, who seems incapable of fighting someone straight up and resorts to sucker punching, TWICE. Lucky for him he didn't pull that on the streets where he would have been dealt with properly. Mighty Mouse needs to worry about his team. At least the Jets have a legit excuse for not making the playoffs, what's his teams excuse? Got a talented young QB and Smith himself, so what's problem? He should be trying to find an answer to that question instead of worrying about Sanchez.

As for a turnaround, I'm open for whatever. Say what you want, but you can't predict the future, otherwise you'd be cashing lottery tickets by now. Either Sanchez gets his **** together or Geno takes over, as long as the Jets win, I'm happy.

BTW in no one's mind but yours was Smith ever considered great. Good, very good, but great? Yeah I'll save that for Megatron, Larry Fitzgerald and Randy Moss in his prime.

Real has just been kept.
    LO-effing-L!!!! Dude, this might be the funniest thing I've ever read on here and EASILY the funniest reply I've ever received. Man, where to start, hmmm....

1)What I'm saying is that as fans, we should not be OK with some player from another team dissing our players and our team. You seem to be ok with that, like Sanchez stole your lunch or something. I'm not. I'm not cool with another player talking smack about one of our own

- Yeah, I'm sooooo upset that Smith dissed Sanchez. Where do I call to complain, NFL offices or Panther HQ? Afterall, someone took a swipe at one of ours, so lemme go take a swipe of two of theirs. Oh wait, I'll never know Smith or Sanchez, so um, gonna have to figure something out to do with all this anger that I don't have. Guess I'll just project it onto fellow JI members. Aaarrgh!!!

2) ESPECIALLY from a lil b1tch like Steve Smith, who seems incapable of fighting someone straight up and resorts to sucker punching, TWICE. Lucky for him he didn't pull that on the streets where he would have been dealt with properly.

- Once again, I don't know Smith so not sure what his hand skills are like. I know, do us both a favor and go "deal with him properly in the streets" and lemme know, would ya tough guy? Make sure you're wearing your favorite Jet jersey, a Jet beach towel tied like a cape, and don't forget the magic collander to wear as a helmet. That'll have him quaking in his boots for sure.

3) At least the Jets have a legit excuse for not making the playoffs, what's his teams excuse?

- Which is what? That the Jets have sucked @ss since 2010? That they can't beat winning teams anymore? I mean heck, it's not like this was a final four team just a few seasons ago. Oh wait a second it was. Since then it's been 14-18. But hey, you keep excusing the mediocrity, I guess you're one of those AMAZING SUPER DUPER Jet fans who's learned to accept the 2nd rate fate of this franchise. Must be nice.

4) He should be trying to find an answer to that question instead of worrying about Sanchez.

- Somehow I don't think Smith, much like the rest of the NFL, is worried too much about Sanchez. Why would he? He's GARBAGE, he's a punchline, and I'm sure when Smith made that remark, he wasn't obsessing over Sanchez, he just had to quickly think of a horrid QB to reference. Naturally, he, like most WRs who would speak so brashly, chose the worse starting QB in the league. Sure feels good that he's our bust, right?

5) As for a turnaround, I'm open for whatever. Say what you want, but you can't predict the future, otherwise you'd be cashing lottery tickets by now. Either Sanchez gets his **** together or Geno takes over, as long as the Jets win, I'm happy.

Of course I'm not clairvoyant, I never claimed to be. However I do know football enough to know that there are certain things that a QB must have, and at Sanchez' age, just can't be taught in an offseason, if ever. He'll always be skittish, always be inaccurate, and you think he's all of a sudden going to pick up reading Ds, especially the more complex ones? He's started all but 2 games since he's been here, and only now he's learning throw the ball away? QBs learn that in HS ball, if not younger, and now he's supposed to magically start doing this? And yes, we agree that if he sucks, Geno plays. Well unless Rex reverts to his old "Mark gives us the best chance to win" spiel. Guess we'll just wait and see on that one.

6) BTW in no one's mind but yours was Smith ever considered great. Good, very good, but great? Yeah I'll save that for Megatron, Larry Fitzgerald and Randy Moss in his prime

4 time Pro Bowler, and more importantly 2 time first team all pro. In fact, just view this link and you'll see the stats of a game changing WR.
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...S/SmitSt01.htm
    With the way guys grow raging boners around here for Braylon, dudes would absolutely orgasm if Smith were putting those #s up in green and white. Not to mention he's been doing that with decent at best QBs (I'm not a big Cam fan).

7) The truth is about to set you free right now: some fans ARE better than others. Better educated about the team and the sport. Better able to stay loyal no matter what. Better able to block out what the media is saying and what the Cheating Patriots are doing.

Uhhhh ok. Care to post a pic of your world's greatest fan trophy? I hope Woody cut you a great bonus check for being this amazing fan that you are, since you know, it's now a quantifiable metric according to you. Where's the testing center that I need to go to to prove my level of fan-dom, Florham Park or in MetLife? I must admit I'm a little rusty, so tell me, does Kaplan offer prep courses for this "how much of a fan are you" assessment? I agree a fan should be loyal, however I don't agree in coloring everything in pastels and believing everything is on the up and up. When they prove it, I'll believe it. Afterall, there's not 1 damn thing you or I can do to help this team win. It's their job to fill us with hope, not the other way around.

... Oh, how the heck did the Pats get brought up in this? Obsessed much?

8) Real has just been kept.

In conclusion, I'm glad we had our little back and forth. Seeing that you're also a grown @ss man, you've convinced me thoroughly that the decision I made to not take this stuff so seriously as I grew older was the correct one. You see, Super Fan, this is all entertainment to me. Neither of us will ever be on an NFL roster, and neither of us will ever make our livings playing football. I'll probably never ever know a Jet on an intimate enough level that I feel it's my duty to get pissed when someone says something bad about the team and have to fly into DEF-CON 3 cause a Jet was dissed. Tell me Joey-Jo-Jo, how many NY Jets rushed to your defense the last time you were in a jam or were disrespected? Now as I established earlier, I'm not clairvoyant, but I'd be more than willing to bet that number lies somewhere south of 1.

Finally, I do owe you a thank you. I laughed my butt off heartily as I re-read your response and even moreso when I cut it up so I could enjoy it in tasty morsels. It's been a while since I saw a comedy before sleeptime. Going to bed with a chuckle is a great way to ensure some sweet dreams. Perhaps visions of butt-fumbles will dance in my head.

If only every belt of laughter could be derived from comedy this divine, this world would be a happier place.

@ you, Joey-Jo-Jo.
    Last edited by Down, Set, Haiku; 05-18-2013 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The problem is fans who do nothing but whine, who don't know any better, and troll the board for their own selfish and insecurities, or their arrogance, to see themselves post, for attention, to thumb their noses at the next about how right they were, and as for the team, have a complete lack of football savvy and understanding that things don't always go the way we all hope, that doesn't mean the answer is always get rid of the player or coach. Jets fans have a sense of entitlement, we are starved for a bowl, I get that, but that doesn't give that fan the right to be an a-hole about it.
    +1

Ah Ray Ray, how ya doing buddy? Unfortunately I've used all my ether on Joey-Jo-Jo and I'm just too darn pooped to deal with you. I'm about to knock out. You have a good night, fa99ot.

Completely absurd and a title only reserved for fans of teams with histories of championships. You misused the term. "Entitlement" does not mean what you think it means.

Also, Ray Ray has decided that you have no right to be upset about the Jets' performance:

we are starved for a bowl, I get that, but that doesn't give that fan the right to be an a-hole about it
    "You're a Jets fan. It's been a while, but you should STFU."

Last time I checked, fans had the right to say whatever they wanted on a messageboard. Ray Ray disagrees.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 05-18-2013 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Completely absurd and a title only reserved for fans of teams with histories of championships. You misused the term. "Entitlement" does not mean what you think it means.

Also, Ray Ray has decided that you have no right to be upset about the Jets' performance:

"You're a Jets fan. It's been a while, but you should STFU."

Last time I checked, fans had the right to say whatever they wanted on a messageboard. Ray Ray disagrees.
    Well, you must be forgetting he's in command of the Green & White Knights. They are an elite group of templars who defend all that exists within the NYJ kingdom. The rest of us? Simply peasants, bound to spend the rest of our days working on our fiefdoms and providing psychotic levels support of the NYJ, during which we must keep our mouth shuts and dare to never, ever speak ill of King Ryan (who also doubles as the jester!).

Cool

Well, you must be forgetting he's in command of the Green & White Knights. They are an elite group of templars who defend all that exists within the NYJ kingdom. The rest of us? Simply peasants, bound to spend the rest of our days working on our fiefdoms and providing psychotic levels support of the NYJ, during which we must keep our mouth shuts and dare to never, ever speak ill of King Ryan (who also doubles as the jester!).
    So you consider yourself simply a peasant. Finally we agree on something.

Very creative response you put up earlier. Took a lot of time and effort I see. I feel so special that you put in all that work just to reply to me. I, however, don't feel your worth me putting back the same effort, so I'm gonna make this quick:

The Jets were average in 2011 and worse last year. Sanchez played like ****. We already know this. Just because I support my team doesn't mean I can't see it's weaknesses. This is a different team and I predict a much better result at the end of this season. Unlike you, I'm not stuck re-hashing past failures. What's done is done. The future is now.

You can now go back to posting head shots of second rate rappers* in your posts. Perfect for a second rate fan.

*picture of the great KRS-ONE the exception
    Last edited by JoeyStylez; 05-18-2013 at 10:45 AM.

So you consider yourself simply a peasant. Finally we agree on something.

Very creative response you put up earlier. Took a lot of time and effort I see. I feel so special that you put in all that work just to reply to me. I, however, don't feel your worth me putting back the same effort, so I'm gonna make this quick:

The Jets were average in 2011 and worse last year. Sanchez played like ****. We already know this. Just because I support my team doesn't mean I can't see it's weaknesses. This is a different team and I predict a much better result at the end of this season. Unlike you, I'm not stuck re-hashing past failures. What's done is done. The future is now.

You can now go back to posting head shots of second rate rappers* in your posts. Perfect for a second rate fan.

*picture of the great KRS-ONE the exception
    And I'll make it even quicker:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Lets put this in a Military perspective since football uses so many War phrases.. What if a soldier going into combat said; Were all going to die and deserted..Would he be viewed as being loyal to the squad, a coward, traitor or just a soldier being objective about his platoon?? Hey a SOS Same Old Soldier..

Yes, but you also have the other group that sees 50,000 enemy soldiers armed with high powered assault rifles while you only have around 200 soldiers, armed with only rocks. All the while, this group is saying, "DEY AIN'T READY FOR OUR SWAG! YOLO, MOTHER****ER!".

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Yes, but you also have the other group that sees 50,000 enemy soldiers armed with high powered assault rifles while you only have around 200 soldiers, armed with only rocks. All the while, this group is saying, "DEY AIN'T READY FOR OUR SWAG! YOLO, MOTHER****ER!".
    Last time I checked the other team had 11 on offense and 11 on defense same as us.. Bottom line is some fans just enjoy being negative with anything concerning the Jets.. Just don't try to tell me they are just being objective since that word means unbiased.. If you have no feelings either way how can you be a fan?? For a example I can agree Sanchez has played like crap and Rex needs to be a complete HC.. But looking at the teams future I look for good things to happen and many so called fans just see negative things.. That's not being objective that's being a SOJF..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Lets put this in a Military perspective since football uses so many War phrases.. What if a soldier going into combat said; Were all going to die and deserted..Would he be viewed as being loyal to the squad, a coward, traitor or just a soldier being objective about his platoon?? Hey a SOS Same Old Soldier..
    LOL... Oh Savage, you... savage

Last time I checked the other team had 11 on offense and 11 on defense same as us.. Bottom line is some fans just enjoy being negative with anything concerning the Jets.. Just don't try to tell me they are just being objective since that word means unbiased.. If you have no feelings either way how can you be a fan?? For a example I can agree Sanchez has played like crap and Rex needs to be a complete HC.. But looking at the teams future I look for good things to happen and many so called fans just see negative things.. That's not being objective that's being a SOJF..
    Well, of course guys like SAR Bear aren't objective. They've been mentally broken by the Jets and now believe that it's 1-15 seasons from here on out. Some of us, the realists, look at our team and see that we're just now starting to manufacture guns. We're stepping up from rocks, but we're not ready for war.

I suppose the question is whether the individual is excited about our future or our present. If it's our future, I can understand that because I'm the same way. If it's the present, then I've got bad news.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Well, of course guys like SAR Bear aren't objective. They've been mentally broken by the Jets and now believe that it's 1-15 seasons from here on out. Some of us, the realists, look at our team and see that we're just now starting to manufacture guns. We're stepping up from rocks, but we're not ready for war. I suppose the question is whether the individual is excited about our future or our present. If it's our future, I can understand that because I'm the same way. If it's the present, then I've got bad news.
    Was any team that went 1-15 in a season ready for war the next year?? History tells us that teams can change rabidly year to year but you never know till the season is played and the results are in.. One could say looking at Chad on the Jets in 2007 no way would the 1-15 Fins be better with him as QB in 08.. Yet they won the East at 11-5 mainly because Brady was hurt but some here think they know the future,they don't..

Was any team that went 1-15 in a season ready for war the next year?? History tells us that teams can change rabidly year to year but you never know till the season is played and the results are in.. One could say looking at Chad on the Jets in 2007 no way would the 1-15 Fins be better with him as QB in 08.. Yet they won the East at 11-5 mainly because Brady was hurt but some here think they know the future,they don't..
    Obviously, but there's no reason to believe we'll be that good this year when we've seen the past few years how bad we've been. There's also not a strong reason to be thrilled by the Offense right now, either.

I'm arguing my opinion based on who we've proven ourselves to be, not what I hope we might one day become.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Obviously, but there's no reason to believe we'll be that good this year when we've seen the past few years how bad we've been. There's also not a strong reason to be thrilled by the Offense right now, either.

I'm arguing my opinion based on who we've proven ourselves to be, not what I hope we might one day become.
    Based on last season yes but that doesn't mean the same will happen this year.. Did you see Wilson on the Seahawks being the starter last year?? I know I didn't and neither did most Seahawk fans.. No one knows what the offense will be right now not even you..