Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 147

Thread: Panthers' Steve Smith rips Mark Sanchez

  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I may not be in the majority here, but I do feel the malice in all the rude things posters have to say about Tebow. I thought he was a nice kid. If people choose to slander him for his religious beilefs? I would tell them to FO.

    Religion is not my thing, but I have no problem with someone who treats as a major part of their life.

    But the biggest reason why I feel the malice toward Tim Tebow is because he wasn't making boo koo bucks for doing nothing. He was on his rookie contract and it was chump change. Not the same with Sanchez, he's getting WAY more than he's ever been deserving of. He's also killing the teams opportunity to get more competitive because he's taking up a guaranteed 8.25 million.
    Sorry I meant the media, fans I expect to be foolish about such things including Sanchez.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    At least Mark has brought the Jets to 2 playoff appearances since the last time Carolina made it. He wont make it to the playoffs again before he retires either. So F*ck him.

    Um, Steve Smith was pretty clutch in the Super Bowl ... second half of that game, he was scary.

  3. #103
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, Tn via Atkins, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,298
    Who cares what Steve "the midget Diva" Smith thinks. Hes an arrogant little *****boy that will be an after thought less than a year after his retirement.
    Fahq U Steve.

  4. #104
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, Tn via Atkins, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,298
    He'll one day squander his millions and we'll all be taller than him.... STILL. Little maggot.

    Okay, all of us but Stokes, but I'd take advice from Stokes before I would Steve Smith. Hell... before a lot of ya.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    Who cares what Steve "the midget Diva" Smith thinks. Hes an arrogant little *****boy that will be an after thought less than a year after his retirement.
    Fahq U Steve.
    As opposed to Sanchez who's never been in the argument for best at his position (and never will be) and is already an afterthought in the league?

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardTodd27 View Post
    Steve Smith is a legit superstar. But he's got 2 things working against him - he's angry and stupid.
    The comment was classless and uncalled for. But these things usually catch up with idiots like Smith who plays a position that's vulnerable to head hunting safeties.
    Whether you're a Sanchez fan or not, this comment should bother u as a Jet fan.
    We play the Panthers this year, hoping someone lays some big wood on this ****head.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Are you sure about that? More like Mark's teammates brought him to two playoff appearances.
    So the QB had nothing to do with getting a team to an AFC championship game?

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Are you sure about that? More like Mark's teammates brought him to two playoff appearances.
    True, but you would have to be an idiot to think that Sanchez didnt carry the team to the championship games those 2 seasons once in the playoffs. He was amazing both playoff seasons, including stellar in both their 2 losses, both of which were lost by the defense.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    True, but you would have to be an idiot to think that Sanchez didnt carry the team to the championship games those 2 seasons once in the playoffs. He was amazing both playoff seasons, including stellar in both their 2 losses, both of which were lost by the defense.
    Woahh dude did you say " amazing" and "stellar" in describing mark in the playoffs and singling out affcg? Can I first ask if you how many Sanchez posters you have hanging in our room? He did play much better in the playoffs than he did in the reg season that's obvious.. Of course he set the bar so low in the regular season.. He did not play "amazing" his best playoff game was the vs the pats .. Other than that game he didnt throw a ton of yards, we ran ball a lot and played good D.. The AfCCGs were stellar??? Well maybe you only watched 1 half of the game both times.. While mark played well in 1 half of each game, he played terrible in the other.. Go back to 2nd half vs colts and 1st half of pitt and tell me he didn't play bad.. If he had just a decent half in 1 or both of those games jets would have made it to 1 or 2 superbowls..
    Last edited by Cleansweep2013; 05-17-2013 at 11:54 AM.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    I think we are mostly on the same page. But I think the vast majority of players would not simply hand back guaranteed money w/o getting anything in return.

    Sanchez deserves criticism of his play. I just think there has been a level of malice shown towards him that I don't particularly agree with. The malice is what I think is undeserved. This not some Ryan Leaf situation where he is a malcontent.
    We are on the same page. I'm not really giving any criticism here either. I'm just stating facts. The criticism that he's gotten he has earned.

    You're also right that players would not give back money they've been signed to. At least not normally. But my point about that is, this should tell you all you need to know about Sanchez. Sanchez, does not believe he is a good player. He knows he sucks. That is why he's holding on to this money because he knows it's the last paycheck he's ever going to get in NY. He has to get the most money he can while he still can.

  11. #111
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    As opposed to Sanchez who's never been in the argument for best at his position (and never will be) and is already an afterthought in the league?
    It doesn't take talent on the football field to have class. To conduct yourself in a way that would make your kids happy.

    Being a rude, idiotic douchbag isn't acceptable just because you used to be good at something.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    Do you even think before you type? This is so retarded it makes my head hurt.
    GFY

  13. #113
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Madison, NJ
    Posts
    2,192
    Not seeing what Steve Smith did wrong here. I'm sure Sanchez hears this 100 times a game from heckling linebackers. Is it just because Smith said it to the press? This is a man's game, the sooner our p*ssy QB figures it out, the better.

    BTW the interview with the headband didn't help his cause.

  14. #114

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    It doesn't take talent on the football field to have class. To conduct yourself in a way that would make your kids happy.

    Being a rude, idiotic douchbag isn't acceptable just because you used to be good at something.
    Why do you care about class? These guys aren't scout masters, teachers, or clergymen. They're highly competitive animals who're probably only understood by their peers. I think too many fans buy into the whole "NFL Fraternity" bs. Like any cross section, you have guys who are cool, guys who are a-holes, guys in between, and guys who simply don't give a f**k. And in that steaming cauldron, not everyone is going to get along, or even care for one another. And if that's the attitude they need to make their living, God bless 'em. Just don't take it too far in your "civilian" life is all I want.

    You also notice the cricket chirps coming from Florham park regarding this? It's because no one cares, and I'm sure many, many Jets heard those comments and were simply about it, mainly because most of them probably don't want Sanchez throwing them sammiches either. And as I alluded to before, we're talking about a guy who deserves hella-props for his career talking about a soon to be backup / journeyman QB.

    Just keep it real and admit your Jimmies got rustled because he attacked a Jet. Had he said this about Kolb or Weeden, no one here would care one iota. And when Rex publically said what he said about Norv and winning with his team (which any coach will tell you is a huge no-no ), how many people here went on the offensive about Rex being classless?

    If you need to be upset at something, be upset at Sanchez for sucking and opening himself to disrespect (based on his play). Funny how Vinny and Chad played here in this day and age of big media, and you never heard a player throw a shot at them from anywhere. You know why? They were well respected MEN who were competent at their jobs and held themselves accountable. And they sure as heck never showed up at a press conference looking like Pidge from Voltron:

    Last edited by Down, Set, Haiku; 05-17-2013 at 08:54 PM.

  15. #115

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    Why do you care about class? These guys aren't scout masters, teachers, or clergymen. They're highly competitive animals who're probably only understood by their peers. I think too many fans buy into the whole "NFL Fraternity" bs. Like any cross section, you have guys who are cool, guys who are a-holes, guys in between, and guys who simply don't give a f**k. And in that steaming cauldron, not everyone is going to get along, or eve care for one another. And if that's the attitude they need to make their living, God bless 'em. Just don't take it too far in your "civilian" life is all I want.
    You also notice the cricket chirps coming from Florham park regarding this? It's because no one cares, and I'm sure many, many Jets heard those comments and were simply about it, mainly because most of them probably don't want Sanchez throwing them sammiches either. And as I alluded to before, we're talking about a guy who deserves hella-props for his career talking about a soon to be backup / journeyman QB.

    Just keep it real and admit your Jimmies got rustled because he attacked a Jet. Had he said this about Kolb or Weeden, no one here would care one iota. And when Rex publically said what he said about Norv and winning with his team (which any coach will tell you is a huge no-no ), how many people here went on the offensive about Rex being classless?

    If you need to be upset at something, be upset at Sanchez for sucking and opening himself to disrespect (based on his play). Funny how Vinny and Chad played here in this day and age of big media, and you never heard a player throw a shot at them from anywhere. You know why? They were well respected MEN who were competent at their jobs and held themselves accountable. And they sure as heck never showed up at a press conference looking like Pidge from Voltron:

    Actually, I'm upset at so-called fans like yourself who are actually defending what the midget said. Who the hell is he to say anything about anybody, especially about a player he has never played with or hardly played against? How about he shuts his damn mouth and worry about is sorry ass team and his talented but sulking QB. At least Sanchez never sucker punched two team mates, which is a total b1tch move.

    WE can rag on Sanchez, not anybody else. And even we don't have that right, because we generally suck as a fanbase. Full of whiney, SOJF woe-is-me jackasses who have no patience nor enough football knowledge. Sanchez sucked last year, so what? WTF did Sneak Puncher Smith do last year? Fvck this clown. I swear, this off-season has brought out the absolute worst in this fanbase. Some of you need to go root for another team, real talk.

  16. #116
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,766
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    We play the Panthers this year, hoping someone lays some big wood on this ****head.
    an errant Sanchez pass could do the job! I am not a Sanchez supporter but he is on our team! Smith can shut the F up!!

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    Actually, I'm upset at so-called fans like yourself who are actually defending what the midget said. Who the hell is he to say anything about anybody, especially about a player he has never played with or hardly played against? How about he shuts his damn mouth and worry about is sorry ass team and his talented but sulking QB. At least Sanchez never sucker punched two team mates, which is a total b1tch move.

    WE can rag on Sanchez, not anybody else. And even we don't have that right, because we generally suck as a fanbase. Full of whiney, SOJF woe-is-me jackasses who have no patience nor enough football knowledge. Sanchez sucked last year, so what? WTF did Sneak Puncher Smith do last year? Fvck this clown. I swear, this off-season has brought out the absolute worst in this fanbase. Some of you need to go root for another team, real talk.
    Dude, I've been bleeding green since the mid 80s. I'm also a grown @ss man, so no I don't view any team I root for with those adolescent, "my team can do no wrong," eyes. Steve Smith said what probably the Jets receivers are thinking, and you know what else? He's right. I respect the truth. And what's with all this "only WE can rag on Sanchez nonsense" ? Is that dude your brother, close cousin, or wifey? Who gives a flying you-know-what what a WR for the Carolina Panthers says about Mark Sanchez? What matters is it's the truth, and yeah it does suck that the QB here is viewed league wide as a tw@t, but so what? That's just what he is as a QB.

    I don't root blindly for crap, and he's been crap for the past 4 years, and he'll probably be crap for the next 4. The day he's gone will be a boon for this franchise. Wish all you want for a turnaround, but just be prepared to be severely disappointed.

    As for Smith, yeah he's a midget, which makes the fact that at one point he was in the discussion for best at his position all that more amazing. Say what you will but Steve Smith would have been the best WR here had he been a Jet in the mid to late 2000s. The only thing that can defend Sanchez is... wait for it... the play of Mark Sanchez, and his play at the position has been absolutely indefensible. Picture me catching feelings over some crap QB who wont even be here past this season cause of what a great WR said about him. Heck, picture me catching feelings over anyone I don't know personally being dissed lol
    Last edited by Down, Set, Haiku; 05-17-2013 at 09:30 PM.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    Why do you care about class? These guys aren't scout masters, teachers, or clergymen. They're highly competitive animals who're probably only understood by their peers. I think too many fans buy into the whole "NFL Fraternity" bs. Like any cross section, you have guys who are cool, guys who are a-holes, guys in between, and guys who simply don't give a f**k. And in that steaming cauldron, not everyone is going to get along, or even care for one another. And if that's the attitude they need to make their living, God bless 'em. Just don't take it too far in your "civilian" life is all I want.

    You also notice the cricket chirps coming from Florham park regarding this? It's because no one cares, and I'm sure many, many Jets heard those comments and were simply about it, mainly because most of them probably don't want Sanchez throwing them sammiches either. And as I alluded to before, we're talking about a guy who deserves hella-props for his career talking about a soon to be backup / journeyman QB.

    Just keep it real and admit your Jimmies got rustled because he attacked a Jet. Had he said this about Kolb or Weeden, no one here would care one iota. And when Rex publically said what he said about Norv and winning with his team (which any coach will tell you is a huge no-no ), how many people here went on the offensive about Rex being classless?

    If you need to be upset at something, be upset at Sanchez for sucking and opening himself to disrespect (based on his play). Funny how Vinny and Chad played here in this day and age of big media, and you never heard a player throw a shot at them from anywhere. You know why? They were well respected MEN who were competent at their jobs and held themselves accountable. And they sure as heck never showed up at a press conference looking like Pidge from Voltron:

    Spot on

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Spot on
    What I said or the Sanchez - Pidge comparison?

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    What I said or the Sanchez - Pidge comparison?
    Everything...😎👍...Dead On, brutha

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us