As for a turnaround, I'm open for whatever. Say what you want, but you can't predict the future, otherwise you'd be cashing lottery tickets by now. Either Sanchez gets his **** together or Geno takes over, as long as the Jets win, I'm happy.
BTW in no one's mind but yours was Smith ever considered great. Good, very good, but great? Yeah I'll save that for Megatron, Larry Fitzgerald and Randy Moss in his prime.
Real has just been kept.
Last edited by Ray Ray19; 05-18-2013 at 02:17 AM.
1)What I'm saying is that as fans, we should not be OK with some player from another team dissing our players and our team. You seem to be ok with that, like Sanchez stole your lunch or something. I'm not. I'm not cool with another player talking smack about one of our own
- Yeah, I'm sooooo upset that Smith dissed Sanchez. Where do I call to complain, NFL offices or Panther HQ? Afterall, someone took a swipe at one of ours, so lemme go take a swipe of two of theirs. Oh wait, I'll never know Smith or Sanchez, so um, gonna have to figure something out to do with all this anger that I don't have. Guess I'll just project it onto fellow JI members. Aaarrgh!!!
2) ESPECIALLY from a lil b1tch like Steve Smith, who seems incapable of fighting someone straight up and resorts to sucker punching, TWICE. Lucky for him he didn't pull that on the streets where he would have been dealt with properly.
- Once again, I don't know Smith so not sure what his hand skills are like. I know, do us both a favor and go "deal with him properly in the streets" and lemme know, would ya tough guy? Make sure you're wearing your favorite Jet jersey, a Jet beach towel tied like a cape, and don't forget the magic collander to wear as a helmet. That'll have him quaking in his boots for sure.
3) At least the Jets have a legit excuse for not making the playoffs, what's his teams excuse?
- Which is what? That the Jets have sucked @ss since 2010? That they can't beat winning teams anymore? I mean heck, it's not like this was a final four team just a few seasons ago. Oh wait a second it was. Since then it's been 14-18. But hey, you keep excusing the mediocrity, I guess you're one of those AMAZING SUPER DUPER Jet fans who's learned to accept the 2nd rate fate of this franchise. Must be nice.
4) He should be trying to find an answer to that question instead of worrying about Sanchez.
- Somehow I don't think Smith, much like the rest of the NFL, is worried too much about Sanchez. Why would he? He's GARBAGE, he's a punchline, and I'm sure when Smith made that remark, he wasn't obsessing over Sanchez, he just had to quickly think of a horrid QB to reference. Naturally, he, like most WRs who would speak so brashly, chose the worse starting QB in the league. Sure feels good that he's our bust, right?
5) As for a turnaround, I'm open for whatever. Say what you want, but you can't predict the future, otherwise you'd be cashing lottery tickets by now. Either Sanchez gets his **** together or Geno takes over, as long as the Jets win, I'm happy.
Of course I'm not clairvoyant, I never claimed to be. However I do know football enough to know that there are certain things that a QB must have, and at Sanchez' age, just can't be taught in an offseason, if ever. He'll always be skittish, always be inaccurate, and you think he's all of a sudden going to pick up reading Ds, especially the more complex ones? He's started all but 2 games since he's been here, and only now he's learning throw the ball away? QBs learn that in HS ball, if not younger, and now he's supposed to magically start doing this? And yes, we agree that if he sucks, Geno plays. Well unless Rex reverts to his old "Mark gives us the best chance to win" spiel. Guess we'll just wait and see on that one.
6) BTW in no one's mind but yours was Smith ever considered great. Good, very good, but great? Yeah I'll save that for Megatron, Larry Fitzgerald and Randy Moss in his prime
4 time Pro Bowler, and more importantly 2 time first team all pro. In fact, just view this link and you'll see the stats of a game changing WR.
With the way guys grow raging boners around here for Braylon, dudes would absolutely orgasm if Smith were putting those #s up in green and white. Not to mention he's been doing that with decent at best QBs (I'm not a big Cam fan).
7) The truth is about to set you free right now: some fans ARE better than others. Better educated about the team and the sport. Better able to stay loyal no matter what. Better able to block out what the media is saying and what the Cheating Patriots are doing.
Uhhhh ok. Care to post a pic of your world's greatest fan trophy? I hope Woody cut you a great bonus check for being this amazing fan that you are, since you know, it's now a quantifiable metric according to you. Where's the testing center that I need to go to to prove my level of fan-dom, Florham Park or in MetLife? I must admit I'm a little rusty, so tell me, does Kaplan offer prep courses for this "how much of a fan are you" assessment? I agree a fan should be loyal, however I don't agree in coloring everything in pastels and believing everything is on the up and up. When they prove it, I'll believe it. Afterall, there's not 1 damn thing you or I can do to help this team win. It's their job to fill us with hope, not the other way around.
... Oh, how the heck did the Pats get brought up in this? Obsessed much?
8) Real has just been kept.
In conclusion, I'm glad we had our little back and forth. Seeing that you're also a grown @ss man, you've convinced me thoroughly that the decision I made to not take this stuff so seriously as I grew older was the correct one. You see, Super Fan, this is all entertainment to me. Neither of us will ever be on an NFL roster, and neither of us will ever make our livings playing football. I'll probably never ever know a Jet on an intimate enough level that I feel it's my duty to get pissed when someone says something bad about the team and have to fly into DEF-CON 3 cause a Jet was dissed. Tell me Joey-Jo-Jo, how many NY Jets rushed to your defense the last time you were in a jam or were disrespected? Now as I established earlier, I'm not clairvoyant, but I'd be more than willing to bet that number lies somewhere south of 1.
Finally, I do owe you a thank you. I laughed my butt off heartily as I re-read your response and even moreso when I cut it up so I could enjoy it in tasty morsels. It's been a while since I saw a comedy before sleeptime. Going to bed with a chuckle is a great way to ensure some sweet dreams. Perhaps visions of butt-fumbles will dance in my head.
If only every belt of laughter could be derived from comedy this divine, this world would be a happier place.
@ you, Joey-Jo-Jo.
Last edited by Down, Set, Haiku; 05-18-2013 at 03:44 AM.
Also, Ray Ray has decided that you have no right to be upset about the Jets' performance:
"You're a Jets fan. It's been a while, but you should STFU."we are starved for a bowl, I get that, but that doesn't give that fan the right to be an a-hole about it
Last time I checked, fans had the right to say whatever they wanted on a messageboard. Ray Ray disagrees.
Last edited by ASG0531; 05-18-2013 at 03:54 AM.
Very creative response you put up earlier. Took a lot of time and effort I see. I feel so special that you put in all that work just to reply to me. I, however, don't feel your worth me putting back the same effort, so I'm gonna make this quick:
The Jets were average in 2011 and worse last year. Sanchez played like ****. We already know this. Just because I support my team doesn't mean I can't see it's weaknesses. This is a different team and I predict a much better result at the end of this season. Unlike you, I'm not stuck re-hashing past failures. What's done is done. The future is now.
You can now go back to posting head shots of second rate rappers* in your posts. Perfect for a second rate fan.
*picture of the great KRS-ONE the exception
Last edited by JoeyStylez; 05-18-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Yes, but you also have the other group that sees 50,000 enemy soldiers armed with high powered assault rifles while you only have around 200 soldiers, armed with only rocks. All the while, this group is saying, "DEY AIN'T READY FOR OUR SWAG! YOLO, MOTHER****ER!".
I suppose the question is whether the individual is excited about our future or our present. If it's our future, I can understand that because I'm the same way. If it's the present, then I've got bad news.
I'm arguing my opinion based on who we've proven ourselves to be, not what I hope we might one day become.