Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Panthers' Steve Smith rips Mark Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Because he's an azzhole? That certainly seems to break some NFL fraternity rules. BTW what exactly is a 'paper bag sandwich"?
    Dunno. Go make us one so we can all find out.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Sanchez earned it. You play like sh*t the way he has, having a player on another team ripping you is the most benign part of it. Can you imagine what the fans at the stadium have to say about Sanchez?

He knows he sucks. He knows his days are numbered. This is why he wouldn't even think of renegotiating and actually giving the team back some money. He knows his guaranteed 8.25 million in 2013 is his very last paycheck he'll ever get in the NFL. He'll be selling insurance this time next year.
    A player on another NFL team just criticized a member of your team and not only do you think that's okay you're pleased by it.

And they call me a bad fan.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    A player on another NFL team just criticized a member of your team and not only do you think that's okay you're pleased by it.

SAR I
    Yet had smith said Rex Ryan is a bad coach and many jet trolls would be doing jumping jacks and would add it to their " we love mark and hate jets until they fire Rex" tiring agenda but Maine is right Sanchez does deserve it.. Maybe hearing things like that and the arrival of geno a actually fires him up and he finally plays with a chip on his shoulder.. Something has to fire this kid up and make him spike his headband on the ground..

SAR I
    Like you would defend Rex if the same thing happened to him. You're full of it.

For the record Steve Smith should shut his mouth, no need to say what he said. Sanchez doesn't deserve to be bashed constantly. Some guys just can't play the game, it's not necessarily his fault. By all accounts he works hard, just not a good player. Also not his fault that Tannenbaum extended him that idiotic extension.
    Last edited by TheMo; 05-16-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Why is another player on another team who doesn't even know Sanchez ripping him

Yea that makes perfect sense.....
    Was wondering that myself...how does Mark Sanchez even end up in that conversation?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

SAR I

SO when the a retired LT talks out of school, when he criticizes Rex, you proudly quote him, argue against players who downplayed the remarks.

When your mancrush is criticized you have a problem with it.

Too funny.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

**** him, prick

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    it's about having a bit of class....smith is an ahole......if he thinks sanchez sucks then keep it to yourself.....he was at home watching the playoffs in 2009-10 and been on crappy panthers teams.....sucky sanchez has one losing season as an nfl starter....yes his days are numbered thanks to gino but have some class. If a Jet player said that about another player from another team, people here would have fits.....I guess having class and respect means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    What's wrong with what Steve Smith said? It just shows that other players around the NFL thinks Sanchez sucks.

And Steve Smith can talk. The guy has been a great player, and put up some big numbers with ****ty QBs.

Hall Of Fame
    nice to see someone else who gets it

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Who cares what the fans say. Contrary to popular belief fans have a miniscule impact on the game and that comes in the form of crowd support Which football 101 tells us is used at its maximum when the Jets are on D. If the fans are yelling enough to cause a commotion when the Jets are on O - they're simply idiots.

Hall Of Fame
    then the jets would be as bad as the panthers year in and year out

Panthers wins the past 4 seasons. 7-6-2-8
    Jets wins the past 4 seasons. 11-13-8-6

NUFF SAID.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Steve Smith is well respected in Charlotte. If the Jets had more players like him.... Well you get the idea.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    it's about having a bit of class....smith is an ahole......if he thinks sanchez sucks then keep it to yourself.....he was at home watching the playoffs in 2009-10 and been on crappy panthers teams.....sucky sanchez has one losing season as an nfl starter....yes his days are numbered thanks to gino but have some class. If a Jet player said that about another player from another team, people here would have fits.....I guess having class and respect means nothing.
    Well said Mr. Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Why is another player on another team who doesn't even know Sanchez ripping him

Yea that makes perfect sense.....
    Exactly and the fact that he's on a team in the cellar of their division forever....

Sanchez earned it. You play like sh*t the way he has, having a player on another team ripping you is the most benign part of it. Can you imagine what the fans at the stadium have to say about Sanchez?

He knows he sucks. He knows his days are numbered. This is why he wouldn't even think of renegotiating and actually giving the team back some money. He knows his guaranteed 8.25 million in 2013 is his very last paycheck he'll ever get in the NFL. He'll be selling insurance this time next year.
    Or hot dogs...

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Who cares what the fans say. Contrary to popular belief fans have a miniscule impact on the game and that comes in the form of crowd support Which football 101 tells us is used at its maximum when the Jets are on D. If the fans are yelling enough to cause a commotion when the Jets are on O - they're simply idiots.
    Can you read?

I'm not talking about crowd support in the course of a game. I'm talking about criticism that Sanchez inevitably deals with from the fans whether it be when he's walking out on the field, going off the field after another dismal performance, walking out to his car after a game, coming in and leaving practice.

The Jets can only do so much to keep him insulated from the critics. If someone is within ear shot, they give to Sanchez.

And for good reason IMO, he's been a complete failure as a QB. Now, he refuses to take a paycut and give some money back to the team. He knows he simply does not have the talent to win any money back. If he had any confidence along those lines, he would take a paycut and then bust his A$$, become a better QB, go out on the field and play well for the team. Then, next offseason, he'd say, "I want that money back". I played better so I deserve it. But he KNOWS he's incapable of that.

So he's decided to ROB the team. He'll hold on that contract so tight it must be stuck up his A$$.

The Jets may have offered him the contract, but it doesn't mean it is right.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Like you would defend Rex if the same thing happened to him. Your full of it.

For the record Steve Smith should shut his mouth, no need to say what he said. Sanchez doesn't deserve to be bashed constantly. Some guys just can't play the game, it's not necessarily his fault. By all accounts he works hard, just not a good player. Also not his fault that Tannenbaum extended him that idiotic extension.
    +1, Mo. Nothing Smith said is incorrect, but this sounds like high school locker-room BS.

Then again, unlike the rest of us, Sanchez can wipe his tears with Franklins instead of Puffs Plus. Hard to feel all that bad for him.

You know, this is really a shtty thing that Smith said/did. Is it false? Probably not, but in the manner that he said it, and the fact that Sanchez, despite his inability to play well (different debate as to why) is not a complete asshle. What did he do to deserve a backlash from someone who has no ties to him?

Did Sanchez play poorly last year? Yes.

Does he deserve constant bashing 24/7 from everyone from all corners of the NFL? No.

If he does, then let's start bashing other players for playing poorly. How about in big games, especially. 24/7. And I'm not talking about the fans, it's different when it comes from the players. Professionalism? Doesn't exist anymore.

Just say and do whatever you want.

He sucks, he's the worst, root for him to fail, the next guy will be better, until he's not, the cycle repeats.

All Pro
    The comments in this thread of him selling insurance and hot dogs are hilarious.

But lets be honest dude is set for life . He one of the last rookie classes to get the huge rookie contracts.

I believe he was one of if not the highest paid qbs in 2011 at just a little over 13 mill and is #38 on Forbes list this Year for highest paid athletes for 2012 at 24 mill. And is guaranteed 8 mill this year.

He will more than likely get another chance in NFL before he is out the league . Cause the Overall Conscious around the league is the Jets ruined him and gave him no help.

Only one has done it better
    Last edited by Scoop24; 05-16-2013 at 09:07 AM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Has Big Mouth won a SB?
    Why don't you go to his house and ask him? LOL

Can you read?

I'm not talking about crowd support in the course of a game. I'm talking about criticism that Sanchez inevitably deals with from the fans whether it be when he's walking out on the field, going off the field after another dismal performance, walking out to his car after a game, coming in and leaving practice.

The Jets can only do so much to keep him insulated from the critics. If someone is within ear shot, they give to Sanchez.

And for good reason IMO, he's been a complete failure as a QB. Now, he refuses to take a paycut and give some money back to the team. He knows he simply does not have the talent to win any money back. If he had any confidence along those lines, he would take a paycut and then bust his A$$, become a better QB, go out on the field and play well for the team. Then, next offseason, he'd say, "I want that money back". I played better so I deserve it. But he KNOWS he's incapable of that.

So he's decided to ROB the team. He'll hold on that contract so tight it must be stuck up his A$$.

The Jets may have offered him the contract, but it doesn't mean it is right.
    If I had few real life skills and knew this was probably my last big pay day why would I give money back to a team that gave me the money in the first place? To be clear WE robbed ourselves by giving him that absurd extension.

I do agree Steve Smith showed very little courtesy or respect for Sanchez. may not be the way a professional should operate.

However, the facts are the facts. Sanchez is a terrible QB and everyone knows it. It's common knowledge even for a WR that plays in the NFC and hasn't faced the Jets since 2009. That should tell you all you need to know.

In other words, I do not condone Smith speaking out against him. But, at the same time, any criticism Sanchez gets is all earned. He has no one to blame but himself.