Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 147

Thread: Panthers' Steve Smith rips Mark Sanchez

  1. #61
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,067
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    Why don't you go to his house and ask him? LOL
    Yeah, cause what I said is the equivalent to what you said. It's an open offer anytime you would like to go just let me know.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Sanchez is a terrible QB. Anyone who hasn't figured that out by now is blind.

    That said, a player on another team taking cheap shots at him is a pretty classless move. Sanchez's ability (or lack thereof) doesn't justify Steve Smith's comments.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Sanchez is a terrible QB. Anyone who hasn't figured that out by now is blind.

    That said, a player on another team taking cheap shots at him is a pretty classless move. Sanchez's ability (or lack thereof) doesn't justify Steve Smith's comments.
    true. the bigger problem is sanchez's perception and reputation among nfl players. if smith said it you have to assume many others think it. guys on the jets too. at some point it just will be a net positive to have him off the team, his mere presence hurts the jets, even before he takes a snap. fair or unfair, i think that's what it's become. hopefully geno plays well in tc, wins the job and becomes the player we all hope so this board can move on from mark sanchez soon.

  4. #64
    I can't help but wonder if he was ASKED about Sanchez?
    You know, with the media's obsession with the Jets "QB Controversy" and all...

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    If I had few real life skills and knew this was probably my last big pay day why would I give money back to a team that gave me the money in the first place? To be clear WE robbed ourselves by giving him that absurd extension.
    Like I said, the Jets may have offered him the extension, but doesn't necessarily make it right.

    And your saying the same thing I posted in your first sentence. Sanchez knows he's done and therefore he wouldn't even think of giving back any money.

    But good, talented players have confidence in their abilities. They are willing to give back some money when they feel they didn't play as well as they could/should have in an off year. They are confident enough to know that next season they will play their a$$es off and start playing up to that prior level. So then they can go hit up the team for some more money. They have performance to back them up. They also get the personal satisfaction of knowing they did it themselves. Whereas, Sanchez is getting 8.25 million and he KNOWS he won't play anywhere near the kind of play level that is deserving of such an amount.

    It was reported during the offseason that Idzik was asking Sanchez to take a paycut. You know why he never did? I just explained it to you. It's just another indictment against Sanchez.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    true. the bigger problem is sanchez's perception and reputation among nfl players. if smith said it you have to assume many others think it. guys on the jets too. at some point it just will be a net positive to have him off the team, his mere presence hurts the jets, even before he takes a snap. fair or unfair, i think that's what it's become. hopefully geno plays well in tc, wins the job and becomes the player we all hope so this board can move on from mark sanchez soon.
    I know for fact other players on other teams think he's awful as well. I've heard it personally.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I know for fact other players on other teams think he's awful as well. I've heard it personally.
    wow. i'll take your word on this. harsh. they may actually like the guy as a person, but how many more years do his teammates want to suffer thru the worst qb play in the nfl? it's their careers too.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    true. the bigger problem is sanchez's perception and reputation among nfl players. if smith said it you have to assume many others think it. guys on the jets too. at some point it just will be a net positive to have him off the team, his mere presence hurts the jets, even before he takes a snap. fair or unfair, i think that's what it's become. hopefully geno plays well in tc, wins the job and becomes the player we all hope so this board can move on from mark sanchez soon.
    I hope more people get on him and he maybe grows a pair, stops playing gq celebrity dater, and loses the head band, ect .. He's Been far too comfortable, in denial.. Finally there is a real qb ( geno) who is a major threat to Sanchez, and it could be already too late for him..but now with garrard out, if geno is not quite ready mark must realize this is his VERY last chance to even show he can be a backup in this league.. But not on this team..

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I do agree Steve Smith showed very little courtesy or respect for Sanchez. may not be the way a professional should operate.

    However, the facts are the facts. Sanchez is a terrible QB and everyone knows it. It's common knowledge even for a WR that plays in the NFC and hasn't faced the Jets since 2009. That should tell you all you need to know.

    In other words, I do not condone Smith speaking out against him. But, at the same time, any criticism Sanchez gets is all earned. He has no one to blame but himself.
    Well what can the guy do he just isn't good at the position. It's not for lack of trying or anything. People act like he is being Jay Cutler a widely renowned ultra douche. He's just been minding his own business and trying to improve. I can't hammer on a guy like that. He's keeping his mouth shut and trying to work hard. And for that he continues to get slammed across the country. He didn't earn anything IMHO.

    Contrast that with glorious Tim Tebow and you never feel the malice in people's criticism. But he is bad QB, if not actually worse than Sanchez.

  10. #70
    At least Mark has brought the Jets to 2 playoff appearances since the last time Carolina made it. He wont make it to the playoffs again before he retires either. So F*ck him.

  11. #71
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bayonne, NJ
    Posts
    2,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Yeah, cause what I said is the equivalent to what you said. It's an open offer anytime you would like to go just let me know.
    LOL - ok.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    wow. i'll take your word on this. harsh. they may actually like the guy as a person, but how many more years do his teammates want to suffer thru the worst qb play in the nfl? it's their careers too.
    I don't think anyone is dissing him as a PERSON, I'm just talking as a QB.

    I was surprised to hear it because I really wanted to blame Schotty.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    It was reported during the offseason that Idzik was asking Sanchez to take a paycut. You know why he never did? I just explained it to you. It's just another indictment against Sanchez.
    I wouldn't take a pay-cut even if I DID have talent and was in Mark's shoes. Money is Money. You don't just give some of it up. That's not the way the world works. You get as much as you can, then when you can't, you get out.

    It's that simple.

  14. #74
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    8,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I wouldn't take a pay-cut even if I DID have talent and was in Mark's shoes. Money is Money. You don't just give some of it up. That's not the way the world works. You get as much as you can, then when you can't, you get out.

    It's that simple.
    Nor would i. However, its frustrating as fans to watch him get paid so much for such little output.

    Sure its Tranny's fault too, but its natural for fans to resent that.

  15. #75
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    2,749
    haha thats great

  16. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    true. the bigger problem is sanchez's perception and reputation among nfl players. if smith said it you have to assume many others think it. guys on the jets too. at some point it just will be a net positive to have him off the team, his mere presence hurts the jets, even before he takes a snap. fair or unfair, i think that's what it's become. hopefully geno plays well in tc, wins the job and becomes the player we all hope so this board can move on from mark sanchez soon.
    I don't doubt that some players resent him because he hurt the team so badly last season. Combine that with the fact that the front office gave them nobody to replace him with, and that resentment was magnified.

    I don't think his mere presence hurts the team. Idzik has forced Rex to conform to idea competition, a great thing in my opinion. If Sanchez ends up starting, it will be because he's earned the job. Players will respect that.

    This is not likely to happen, but the best thing that can happen would be a close competition between Sanchez and Geno this summer, with Sanchez winning the job and playing well. It would be a feel-good story that this team desperately needs right now.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    I don't doubt that some players resent him because he hurt the team so badly last season. Combine that with the fact that the front office gave them nobody to replace him with, and that resentment was magnified.

    I don't think his mere presence hurts the team. Idzik has forced Rex to conform to idea competition, a great thing in my opinion. If Sanchez ends up starting, it will be because he's earned the job. Players will respect that.

    This is not likely to happen, but the best thing that can happen would be a close competition between Sanchez and Geno this summer, with Sanchez winning the job and playing well. It would be a feel-good story that this team desperately needs right now.
    i disagree. i think the best thing that could happen is geno shines in TC in the WCO and wins the job, plays well and the jets have a qb they can build around. while sanchez improving would be a feel good story it doesn't help the team as much as geno's success.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I can't help but wonder if he was ASKED about Sanchez?
    You know, with the media's obsession with the Jets "QB Controversy" and all...
    he was asked and apologized in the same interview.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    At least Mark has brought the Jets to 2 playoff appearances since the last time Carolina made it. He wont make it to the playoffs again before he retires either. So F*ck him.
    Are you sure about that? More like Mark's teammates brought him to two playoff appearances.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    wow. i'll take your word on this. harsh. they may actually like the guy as a person, but how many more years do his teammates want to suffer thru the worst qb play in the nfl? it's their careers too.
    Augustiniak, you're smart enough to know that Hitman Harris speaks the truth.

    We see that Sanchez is terrible on television. The players would know it even much better than we would as they play the game with/against him.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us