Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brian Hoyer?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Brian Hoyer?

Ok so Garrard retired. There are no free agents that I like. Maybe we can trade for someone but highly unlikely. What about Brian Hoyer? He is the only one out there that interests me. I know he wasn't on a team until week 15 or so last year with the Cardinals. Maybe there are others that are better but it is just a thought. Is there anyone out there that can help?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Charlie Batch. He always seem to be an efficient stand in for Rothlisberger. If we need a hold the fort guy, I say we pick him up. Just my opinion...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why are people panicking over the fact that we don't have 5 qbs on the roster? Last i checked, most teams go into training camp with 4 or less

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    Why are people panicking over the fact that we don't have 5 qbs on the roster? Last i checked, most teams go into training camp with 4 or less
    I don't know if I'd use the word panic... Simms is a practice squad guy, Geno needs to sit and learn, McElroy is an unknown commodity (hasn't shown anything or not shown anything), Sanchez is Sanchez... therefore a veteran QB would be nice to have to push competition and step in whenever necessary.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because no one considers Matt Simms or Greg Mclroy as legitimate QB's. Garrard was a proven veteran. Now if Geno cant get up to speed there are no options other than the butfumbler. Sanchez gets handed the job once again lucky mother ****er.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about Trent Edwards who played for the Eagles?

http://youtu.be/gqFTXe54WyE

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no problems with Hoyer

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, because trading away draft picks for a mediocre QB is exactly what this team needs to do.

Start Geno or Kerley Fries.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Yes, because trading away draft picks for a mediocre QB is exactly what this team needs to do.

Start Geno or Kerley Fries.
    He is a Free Agent he got cut after the draft
    RT @caplannfl: Cardinals cut QB Brian Hoyer, source confirmed.
    Last edited by Scoop24; 05-16-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    He is a Free Agent he got cut after the draft
    Ah, I see. Meh, whatever. I'm on the Geno bandwagon.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am all for competition. if it makes the competition, I say do it. But I am also not of the train of thinking that would want to bring someone in just for the sake of it looking good.

If Hoyer can play (don't really know?), then yeah, lets add him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I am all for competition. if it makes the competition, I say do it. But I am also not of the train of thinking that would want to bring someone in just for the sake of it looking good.

If Hoyer can play (don't really know?), then yeah, lets add him.
    This. It's precisely why I hated the Tebow circus. It looked like competition, but really it wasn't cause everyone knew the guy could not play the position at a high level. So all it really brought was his ridiculous cult following.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    listening to ESPN radio this morning convinced me...the league has changed with rules protecting passers...Rookie QB's don't need to sit and mature....they can start right away....the Jets once had this rookie QB...Joe something or other who seemed to do well.

Let the era of Geno begin...and the error of Sanchez end.
    Last edited by bobr68; 05-16-2013 at 12:38 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a list of free agent qbs. This is what I see and why Hoyer might be the best fit:

Vince Young: Pros: Very athletic knows Marty's system. Cons: Was out of football last year. Not a great team mate and will probably bring a circus atmosphere. Not much better than Sanchez

Charlie Batch: Pro: Veteran leader. Played well in a game last year. Cons: Old. Not mobile. Will break down. Similar to Garrad.

Byron Leftwich: See Batch

Tyler Thigpen: Pros: Young athletic. Cons: not very accurate. Not an improvement over Sanchez.

Trent Edwards: Pros: Knows Marty's system. Cons: Not better than Sanchez

JaMarcus Russell: Pro: ...... Cons: Out of football for two years. Weighs 300 pounds. Off field issues. Circus atmosphere. etc etc etc..........

Matt Leinart: Cons: Immature, not accurate, not good, wait is this Sanchez I'm talking about.

Jordan Palmer: Don't know much about him but he didn't beat out Gabbert in Jacksonville so that's not good.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    I don't know if I'd use the word panic... Simms is a practice squad guy, Geno needs to sit and learn, McElroy is an unknown commodity (hasn't shown anything or not shown anything), Sanchez is Sanchez... therefore a veteran QB would be nice to have to push competition and step in whenever necessary.
    Please tell us which JETS INSIDER told you Simms was just a practice squad guy. Also did REX RYAN tell you that Geno needs to sit for a year? Its interesting the tremendous insight you have regarding Sanchez. McElory must be somewhat known to Rex don't you think? If not, we really do have problems.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, considering Simms is just a favor to someone and has no chance of ever seeing the playing field that leaves two guys you don't want on the field and one who might need some time.

Or, on the best day not really three, which is less than 4

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    This. It's precisely why I hated the Tebow circus. It looked like competition, but really it wasn't cause everyone knew the guy could not play the position at a high level. So all it really brought was his ridiculous cult following.
    agreed. For a while, I thought Tebow would work out because I thought the CS would be able to make him into what they saw him as (RB, FB). Unfortunately, Tebow had this thinking that he was a QB and nothing else. It's probably the reason why he's looking for a job right now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @AdamSchefter: RT @caplannfl: Former Cardinals QB Brian Hoyer has agreed to terms on a two-year deal with the Browns, per source.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @AdamSchefter: RT @caplannfl: Former Cardinals QB Brian Hoyer has agreed to terms on a two-year deal with the Browns, per source.
    No prob...we can still scarf up patsfanken' s future supahstah...

Matt Hoyer

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis byrd 90 View Post
    Here is a list of free agent qbs. This is what I see and why Hoyer might be the best fit:

Vince Young: Pros: Very athletic knows Marty's system. Cons: Was out of football last year. Not a great team mate and will probably bring a circus atmosphere. Not much better than Sanchez

Charlie Batch: Pro: Veteran leader. Played well in a game last year. Cons: Old. Not mobile. Will break down. Similar to Garrad.

Byron Leftwich: See Batch

Tyler Thigpen: Pros: Young athletic. Cons: not very accurate. Not an improvement over Sanchez.

Trent Edwards: Pros: Knows Marty's system. Cons: Not better than Sanchez

JaMarcus Russell: Pro: ...... Cons: Out of football for two years. Weighs 300 pounds. Off field issues. Circus atmosphere. etc etc etc..........

Matt Leinart: Cons: Immature, not accurate, not good, wait is this Sanchez I'm talking about.

Jordan Palmer: Don't know much about him but he didn't beat out Gabbert in Jacksonville so that's not good.
    I predicted Lefty would be our BU so that wouldnt shock me. I'd be OK with Thigpen he can at very least manage a game. I believe we sign a QB after final cut. I'll take TJ or Kolb, Foles, Carr, or Orlovsky. At least one of them should be on the market. Any of those guys are proven better then Mark. Geno is our starter the rest seem like fod to me. I could honestly even see us trading for Orton.