Thread: Sanchez a solid Backup ?

Sanchez a solid Backup ?

Just curious. Say Sanchez follows the path of D Carr ... What are the chances he becomes our career backup, instead of being shipped out of town next year?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Just curious. Say Sanchez follows the path of D Carr ... What are the chances he becomes our career backup, instead of being shipped out of town next year?
    Sanchez may very well follow the path of Carr, but there is NO WAY he does that here with the Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    What is a solid backup?

Are we talking about holding a clipboard and being good in the film room? Or are we talking about being able to win games if need be?

Like others have said, no chance it happens with the Jets.

He could be a decent backup for some team but won't be with the jets.

All Pro
    8 million dollar backup . Im mot sure im feeling that

he has been a decent starter in the past, so of course he could be a solid backup, even for the Jets.

no at his current price tag, though.

Mark Sanchez would be perfectly suited to a #2 QB position. Thats where his talent level puts him, as a career backup as I see it.

In an ideal world, I'd be fine with Sanchez here as a long-term #2 for an appropriate contract value. He is not a good #1 QB, too inaccurate, too turnover prone, too immobile, too pouty and immature.

But as a #2, in the right system under the right O-Co, I believe he could be the type of backup who could survive a while, and win ~50% of his games in any emergency 2-4 starts type of situation, perhaps even better if the talent around him is very strong.

Sadly, I have to agree that this will not happen in NY. His bridges here with Fans is generally burned to a crisp, and the majority wish him to move on. He, on the other hand, surely sees himself as a legit #1 and will want to persue that career a while longer at least elsewhere, and he probably WILL get a chance to do so somewhere. Someone will think they can "fix" his limitations, and who knows, with age and time, maybe they can.

The only question that really matters is could Sanchez be a good #2 in 2013 here. Because after that, there is almost no chance he is a New York Jet in 2014 or beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    What is a solid backup?

Are we talking about holding a clipboard and being good in the film room? Or are we talking about being able to win games if need be?

Like others have said, no chance it happens with the Jets.
    He has shown the ability to win games if he has tools around him (including playoffs 30 wins in the first 3 years). He can be a solid backup on a team with a good offense. Never here though

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    8 million dollar backup . Im mot sure im feeling that
    I was not talking about this year.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Sanchez may very well follow the path of Carr, but there is NO WAY he does that here with the Jets.
    can you imagine, geno pans out, playing well. gets hurt in a critical game, sanchez comes in and throws a few picks....jets lose to miami....at home...b/c of sanchez. idzik can't risk that kind of mutiny from his players or the fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    He has shown the ability to win games if he has tools around him (including playoffs 30 wins in the first 3 years). He can be a solid backup on a team with a good offense. Never here though
    All Sanchez has ever shown is the ability to put boogers on his teammates backs. If they gave out awards for that he be All Pro. Too bad Joe walton wasn't his coach as they both have a lot in common there. .

Instead of fooling around how about looking at still pictures of the opposing defense, and try to figure out what they are doing to confuse you. Sanchez: Hey Nick Pull my finger. SO you can try to blame all mark Sanchez struggles on someone else, but the fact is he just isn't a good QB.

You really want mark Sanchez teaching Geno Smith anything.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 05-16-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    All Sanchez has ever shown is the ability to put boogers on his teammates backs.
    don't forget eating hotdogs on the sideline while blowing out the Raiders in Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    don't forget eating hotdogs on the sideline while blowing out the Raiders in Oakland
    Again just shows the man lack of professionalism . Thanks just supports my position even further. Sanchez tries to say all the political correct things but is the biggest phony who all out for him self. ( don't turn your back on him Geno)

BTw He paid for that the next time they came to Oakland, as they physical beat the snot out of him. ( Nfl players don't forget)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 05-16-2013 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Mark Sanchez would be perfectly suited to a #2 QB position. Thats where his talent level puts him, as a career backup as I see it.

In an ideal world, I'd be fine with Sanchez here as a long-term #2 for an appropriate contract value. He is not a good #1 QB, too inaccurate, too turnover prone, too immobile, too pouty and immature.

But as a #2, in the right system under the right O-Co, I believe he could be the type of backup who could survive a while, and win ~50% of his games in any emergency 2-4 starts type of situation, perhaps even better if the talent around him is very strong.

Sadly, I have to agree that this will not happen in NY. His bridges here with Fans is generally burned to a crisp, and the majority wish him to move on. He, on the other hand, surely sees himself as a legit #1 and will want to persue that career a while longer at least elsewhere, and he probably WILL get a chance to do so somewhere. Someone will think they can "fix" his limitations, and who knows, with age and time, maybe they can.

The only question that really matters is could Sanchez be a good #2 in 2013 here. Because after that, there is almost no chance he is a New York Jet in 2014 or beyond.
    +1

All Pro
    ESPN's Chris Mortensen on #Jets QB Mark Sanchez: "People I've talked to say that he is not throwing the ball as well as he was as a rookie."

More @mortreport on #Jets: "I think the plans were for (Garrard) to win the job. And Sanchez, he'd have to answer the bell or he'd be gone."

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    ZERO. NYJ fans are way too maddened by Sanchez. He may very well turn into a good backup, but it could never be here in NY. Every time he stepped on the field, people would scream bloody murder.