Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Milliner reportedly parts ways with his agents

Milliner reportedly parts ways with his agents

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    #Jets CB Dee Milliner parted ways with Impact Sports after failing to be selected in the top 5. Story on @NFL.com. First Geno, now Milliner

------

Oh, you thought they were gonna leave this kid alone? lol, cue the character assassination from the media. LEGGO!

Jets Insider VIP
    >inb4 "Jets' circus"

Hall Of Fame
    Looks like Geno hooked up with Jay Z. I expect Dee to do the same.

Is Geno wearing Zubaz?

All League
    Here we go again. The bullsh!t the media started about Geno was proven wrong, so it's time to move on to their next victim. These reporters are completely out of control!

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Looks like Geno hooked up with Jay Z. I expect Dee to do the same.

Didn't Cruz sign with them? I pointed that out to douchebag Leberfeld the other day on twitter. He was all like, "If Geno signs with Jay-Z, that'll be very telling about him". But, of course, it's not telling at all when it's a player from a league favorite.

This is not uncommon but the media will always turn it into one.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Didn't Cruz sign with them? I pointed that out to douchebag Leberfeld the other day on twitter. He was all like, "If Geno signs with Jay-Z, that'll be very telling about him". But, of course, it's not telling at all when it's a player from a league favorite.
    If it wasn't for this forum I would have no idea who Leberfeld is. The guy is a joke.

The only "negative" I can see from the Jets perspective would be if Roc Nation puts an emphasis on off-the-field opportunities for the players and based on what I have heard that looks to be the case. Those could potentially be distractions.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    I'm told the reason that Jets CB Dee Milliner decided to change agents because he slipped out of the Top 5 in the draft. #nyj

----

Manish's source on this is his sister, I'm sure.

All Pro
    No way Milliner gets trashed like Geno did, this will be a blip on the radar...the media frenzy attacking Geno was ridiculous -

I like that Geno and Dee are coming in with something to prove.

I'm told the reason that Jets CB Dee Milliner decided to change agents because he slipped out of the Top 5 in the draft. #nyj

----

Is there anyway we can start some type of online petition to have this worthless hack fired?

It has been the same thing over and over with him. There is simply no way he could have a source for that comment and more insanely - who was the last player to be blamed for firing their agents based in draft position? What we have 2 in one year and there has never been one before?

Manish isn't a writer he should be ashamed to cash his paycheck

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

----

Does anyone else think the no one "tells" Manish anything and he just tweets **** that other reporters tweeted earlier?

must be a complete jerk. who changes agents?

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Does anyone else think the no one "tells" Manish anything and he just tweets **** that other reporters tweeted earlier?
    I've noticed this, too. What's hilarious is that I've noticed that Steiny, in all his bro-ness, has been a little more reliable than Womanish. Manish just seems to RT what others are saying and echoing their comments.

My sources tell me that Manish Mehta is, as reported earlier, a complete douchebag who needs to come at me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Have other rookies been firing their agents? Would be curious to know

Ummm, an about face from Manish?

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 9m
    I'm told that Dee Milliner hasn't expressed unhappiness about his draft position during his search for new representation. #nyj

Now that he's not wiping Pettine frosting off his lips mehalfwita has nothing, He's desperate. He's been shut out by the Jets and will hopefully soon be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Have other rookies been firing their agents? Would be curious to know
    Only the 24 players who think they should have been Top 5.

No idea how common this is and am curious if anyone knows if this is alarming. Also,I am no jets apologist.

Those said, these amounts for these young gentlemen are huge. And aside from an elite few these are once in a lifetime opportunities. It is probably very smart to be prudently aggressive. The difference between a couple million is, well, a couple ****ing million!!! Take good care, kids. And seize the opportunities while you can!

I dont know where this is all going, but i sure think everyone should be very concerned.

i dunno MAYBE jayz is going to be the best sports agent ever OR maybe these two guys have really, really small 2 cent heads. that would be like me being represented by borat or ozzy osbourne, just because i am a fan of theirs.

my gut tells me they are both dumb, arrogent and bad decision makers. time will tell. i sure hope we just didnt pick up revis 2 and revis 3