Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46

Thread: Milliner reportedly parts ways with his agents

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    9,371
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Have other rookies been firing their agents? Would be curious to know
    there are a total of two. and you drafted both of them

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,327
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    I dont know where this is all going, but i sure think everyone should be very concerned.

    i dunno MAYBE jayz is going to be the best sports agent ever OR maybe these two guys have really, really small 2 cent heads. that would be like me being represented by borat or ozzy osbourne, just because i am a fan of theirs.

    my gut tells me they are both dumb, arrogent and bad decision makers. time will tell. i sure hope we just didnt pick up revis 2 and revis 3
    In the same way that Ronald McDonald isn't going to be making your big mac, Jay Z won't be their actual agent. He just owns the company.

  3. #23
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Forked River, NJ
    Posts
    4,681
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    Ummm, an about face from Manish?

    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 9m
    I'm told that Dee Milliner hasn't expressed unhappiness about his draft position during his search for new representation. #nyj
    Wow! What a surprise! I never expected this turn of events.

  4. #24
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    Ummm, an about face from Manish?

    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 9m
    I'm told that Dee Milliner hasn't expressed unhappiness about his draft position during his search for new representation. #nyj
    I think the first post was a joke

  5. #25
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,459
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    Ummm, an about face from Manish?

    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 9m
    I'm told that Dee Milliner hasn't expressed unhappiness about his draft position during his search for new representation. #nyj
    What a reliable reporter! He reports something, and then minutes later reports the exact opposite!

    Anyone else think Manish bites his pillow and touches himself while looking at pics of Mike Pettine? #manishspankbank

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,182
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    If it wasn't for this forum I would have no idea who Leberfeld is. The guy is a joke.

    The only "negative" I can see from the Jets perspective would be if Roc Nation puts an emphasis on off-the-field opportunities for the players and based on what I have heard that looks to be the case. Those could potentially be distractions.
    Roc Nation is affiliated with CAA Sports. There are no negatives there, they rep lots of athletes, have forever.

  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,724
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Roc Nation is affiliated with CAA Sports. There are no negatives there, they rep lots of athletes, have forever.
    Did you read my post? I am not questioning their ability to do business and represent athletes.

  8. #28
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,182
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Did you read my post? I am not questioning their ability to do business and represent athletes.
    And where did I say you did?

    Was agreeing with you. And explaining why. Too many think because o JZs affiliation its a negative.

    You may need to read

  9. #29
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,327
    Post Thanks / Like
    Victor Cruz is signed by them. WHAT CHARACTER ISSUES! WHAT A CIRCUS!

  10. #30
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,263
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Looks like Geno hooked up with Jay Z. I expect Dee to do the same.

    I DON'T GET ANY LOVE FOR CALLING GENO & JAY-Z CONNECTING THE DAY GENO FIRED HIS AGENT THOUGH?

  11. #31
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,724
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    And where did I say you did?

    Was agreeing with you. And explaining why. Too many think because o JZs affiliation its a negative.

    You may need to read
    Apologies.

    From a business standpoint, Jay Z is a positive. He is one of the most successful businessmen in America, the man is a tycoon. That is what makes him appealing to these athletes. But that is a double-edged sword. Too much off-the-field business can have a negative effect.

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,724
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DowNY View Post
    I DON'T GET ANY LOVE FOR CALLING GENO & JAY-Z CONNECTING THE DAY GENO FIRED HIS AGENT THOUGH?
    You were not the only one to make that assumption. All you have to do is connect the dots. Geno going to NY. Jay Z is from NY. His first two main clients, Cano and Cruz, were also from NY.

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,182
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Apologies.

    From a business standpoint, Jay Z is a positive. He is one of the most successful businessmen in America, the man is a tycoon. That is what makes him appealing to these athletes. But that is a double-edged sword. Too much off-the-field business can have a negative effect.
    Cool....

    And he brings an element of cool to a part of the business that reeks of everything but. Sounds like CAA has Jay Z as an extension to their reach, giving them access or a cache that they wouldn't have on their own and gives them access to athletes that other agencies don't.

  14. #34
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,327
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Cool....

    And he brings an element of cool to a part of the business that reeks of everything but. Sounds like CAA has Jay Z as an extension to their reach, giving them access or a cache that they wouldn't have on their own and gives them access to athletes that other agencies don't.
    Or in other words, HASH TAG SWAG YOLO!

  15. #35
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Apologies.

    From a business standpoint, Jay Z is a positive. He is one of the most successful businessmen in America, the man is a tycoon. That is what makes him appealing to these athletes. But that is a double-edged sword. Too much off-the-field business can have a negative effect.
    Agreed.

    They are going to have to pay someone to represent them one way or another. Why not hire a guy who these guys have admired since childhood? It's a lot more appealing for these 21-year-olds to sign with Jay-Z than it is to sign with some 50-year-old dude they never heard of before.

  16. #36
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,696
    Post Thanks / Like
    @SBJLizMullen: NFL player agents Pat Dye & Bill Johnson have signed NY Jets 1st round pick CB Dee Milliner. He was formerly repped by Impact

  17. #37
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,507
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only the freaking jets can draft off-field Revis part 2

  18. #38
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand why so many people have their panties in a wad over two rookies switching agents.

    From what I understand, the rookie contracts generally follow a slotting system (with adjustment for positions). Unless they plan on signing with a crazy person who might hold them out, there is zero reason to care.

  19. #39
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,327
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    Only the freaking jets can draft off-field Revis part 2

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Well he is still apparently "on the Nassib wagon" lol

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us