Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Goodson Arrested

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    “I don’t care who they bring in,” McKnight told the Star-Ledger on Thursday. “They’re going to have to kill me to take my spot. So, whoever they bring in, I don’t care.”

Do you think Goodson may have taken this as a challenge?
    It all makes sense now. Mike was gonna get Joe blazed so he could slow him down, and then he was gonna shoot him.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    “I don’t care who they bring in,” McKnight told the Star-Ledger on Thursday. “They’re going to have to kill me to take my spot. So, whoever they bring in, I don’t care.”
    Maybe McKnight set Goodson up. Slipped him a Mickey, and Goodson comes to in a car with pot, a gun, and an ex-con he never met before. Is it easier to believe a guy who's finally getting his first shot at legitimate playing time in the NFL could be this stupid?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    SOJ.

Is there any doubt?
    About you being a dick? Nope.

The biggest loser here is mark Sanchez.. Well we all know this but I mean in reference to most likely losing Goodson.. Sanchez does not have the accuracy to hit wideouts.. The only pass Sanchez could ever make effectively was the short yard pass to a rb.. He could barely do that well.. Goodson would have been the primary recieving rb, but its not like Powell and ivory can't catch.. Geno will be starting by week 5 if not sooner..

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    I get the frustration, but how can the jets control what these guys do outside of the building? The guy has no prior history to my knowledge.
    In this instance they could not. This is not a situation where the Jets were arrogantly signing talented players regardless of character for a good show. Goodson was signed to a very cap friendly deal as a low risk-moderate reward player.

But the Jets fans who are phony will not want to read the paragraph above, instead acting like the Jets are the only team that has players who get into trouble with the law. That fairy tale fits their woe-is-us mentality.

All the real Jets fans can hope for is that some of these Jets "fans" get so fed up that they pick another team to be miserable with.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 05-17-2013 at 07:34 PM.

All League
    Why is he convicted already? Let the process play out before making Judgements. All I know is the league lets guys play who have actually done things 1000x worse. So far he is innocent until proven otherwise. All I'm saying is lets see how this plays out

Quote Originally Posted by Cablebob View Post
    No problem as long as you don't get caught...

1. Weed is illegal (in NJ and almost every state)
    2. possession of a firearm without a permit is illegal (in almost every state)
    3. hollow point bullets are illegal (in NJ)

I'm far from Liberal and I have no problem with the weed. The firearm is yet to be proven his. and the hollow point bullet law is a JOKE!!!

That being said, he's a fool.
    #2 is not true at all. As far as I know, you don't even need a permit in CA to have a gun, hust a background check. A little thing called the 2nd Amendment allows that right.

Very stupid though to be drinking and have a firearm with you. The hollow points being outlawed is completely stupid. Hollow points stop almost immediately on impact. To ban hollow points just means there is a greater chance for by standers to be hit. It makes no sense and is feel good by people who don't understand what hollow points are for.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    The biggest loser here is mark Sanchez.. Well we all know this but I mean in reference to most likely losing Goodson.. Sanchez does not have the accuracy to hit wideouts.. The only pass Sanchez could ever make effectively was the short yard pass to a rb.. He could barely do that well.. Goodson would have been the primary recieving rb, but its not like Powell and ivory can't catch.. Geno will be starting by week 5 if not sooner..
    It's a good thing Failchez won't be starting, then.

Jets Insider VIP
    I just think it's good news they were found right between the lines in the middle lane of the highway....Goodson is gonna find the holes and run between the tackles this year.

And who was driving...errr...parking this vehicle on Rt. 80? Was it Braylon's white Range Rover?

Last I checked football players are not choir boys. I remember Ray Lewis involved in some kind of altercation back around 2001 and he did a pretty good job of redeeming himself. People make mistakes - its how he now handles himself after this hugh mistake that is important.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Idzik. Let's recap:

Signs David Garrard. Retires due to known knee issues.

Drafts Geno Smith. Fell like a rock out of the first round.

Signs Mike Goodson. Going to the slammer for two years on drug, weapons, and DUI charges.

The Circus what? Not Clowns anymore what?

SAR I
    Garrard - cost nothing
    Smith - took a 2nd round guy in the 2nd round
    Goodson - not guilty for now. If his prints aren't on the gun and he was the passenger, he could get off.

All low risk moves.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Garrard - cost nothing
    Smith - took a 2nd round guy in the 2nd round
    Goodson - not guilty for now. If his prints aren't on the gun and he was the passenger, he could get off.

All low risk moves.
    And Smith was the consensus number one QB. He wa projected round 1

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Last I checked football players are not choir boys. I remember Ray Lewis involved in some kind of altercation back around 2001 and he did a pretty good job of redeeming himself. People make mistakes - its how he now handles himself after this hugh mistake that is important.
    Lol @ a "redeemed" Ray Lewis.

You mean he "got away with it".

He was a passenger in the car, with a good lawyer he can beat this

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    In Tomlinsons 1st 4 years, he had 291 catches. In Goodson 1st 4 years, he has 59 catches.

Your right. Totally on par with Tomlinson.
    On par with Tomlinson's years in NY in which Mark Sanchez was able to lead the team to a 16-4 record at one point.

Just apologize. It'll be easier for you.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    He was a passenger in the car, with a good lawyer he can beat this
    Plus he was apparently passed out

Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    I want to see this animal on the field...😎👍

Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    Lets all chip in to help pay for a Jonny Cochran type

Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    About you being a dick? Nope.
    😜

Goodson wasnt going to be the starter anyway. Lol!!! IVORY & POWELL SHOW .....