Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Goodson Arrested

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Lets all chip in to help pay for a Jonny Cochran type
    Johnny Cochran is dead. Let's buy him a live lawyer instead of a dead one.

1) he will get off 100% if the other guy claims the gun was his.
    2) if his prints aren't on the gun and it wasn't his car and it was hidden from him (glove box, under seat, backseat), he will have a good shot at getting off even if the other guy blames him.
    Last edited by Digetydog; 05-17-2013 at 08:41 PM.

All Pro
    I know it's been said as a joke, but seriously - I'd actually be asking Joe McKnight for his alibi last night.

Dude says he'll die before he gets cut this year - and the next day, Goodson turns up roofy'd with gun, lol... I dunno. Smells like Joe-sizzle to me.
    Last edited by Paradis; 05-17-2013 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Johnny Cochran is dead. Let's buy him a live lawyer.
    I said TYPE, FagoteyDog

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    I said TYPE, FagoteyDog
    You sure are sensitive.

You sure are sensitive.
    What you dont like FagoteyDog?

Johnny Cochran is dead. Let's buy him a live lawyer instead of a dead one.

1) he will get off 100% if the other guy claims the gun was his.
    2) if his prints aren't on the gun and it wasn't his car and it was hidden from him (glove box, under seat, backseat), he will have a good shot at getting off even if the other guy blames him.
    Sorry, didnt see the rest of your post...Would love to see him beat this rap and listen to all the Jet haters led by Fatcessa flip out

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Jets would be smart to wash their hands of Goodson immediately. They'd have $1 mil in dead cap room but they would be saving $333K and that along with cap room they already have they could sign a guy like Peyton Hillis who is basically the same thing as Mike Goodson for a 1 yr incentive laden deal.
    Innocent until proven guilty! Idzik will do nothing until the investigation is completed. Chances are the gun charges will be dropped and he will plead to misdemeanor possession of marijuana and get a slap on the wrist like a 100 dollar fine. It was found on his person according to reports I have read. Why the rush to judgement?

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Idzik. Let's recap:

Signs David Garrard. Retires due to known knee issues.

Drafts Geno Smith. Fell like a rock out of the first round.

Signs Mike Goodson. Going to the slammer for two years on drug, weapons, and DUI charges.

The Circus what? Not Clowns anymore what?

SAR I
    USELESS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    More carries for Ivory.
    Ivory is the better back anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    USELESS!!!
    Because of fans like SAR, this fan base is an absolute joke!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Mods should get banned for letting that sardouche keep up with his trolling

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Don't Generalize.

Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post

Your personal attack has been reported.

SAR I

SAR I
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Uh oh... double secret probation for you RevisCroWilson!

Veteran
    Lol

Goodson was a passenger in the car, not the driver. The driver received a DWI, not Goodson. A handgun was found in the car that contained a hollowpoint round. Could be the owner (probably the driver) forgot to check the gun to see that the last round was ejected because it was a semi-automatic and the rounds load automatically, even though you empty the gun there will still be one round in the chamber because they load automatically. You have to physically check the weapon to see that the last round is ejected after emptying it at the range. This kind of thing does happen from time to time. Not a good thing at all, but not uncommon. I do not think they were driving around with a fully loaded handgun, but rather there was a handgun in the car with a SINGLE ROUND in it that was not checked for and ejected at the firing range.

The alcohol thing? Hey... athletes party... Joe Namath partied his ass off, they all did and still do. I'm not gonna kill the guy for that.

So ultimately I don't think Goodson will receive any jail time because he wasn't driving the car, the gun probably wasn't his, and being a drunk passenger doesn't generally get you a jail sentence, all they can charge him with is public intoxication which is a misdemeanor and not very serious.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Goodson was a passenger in the car, not the driver. The driver received a DWI, not Goodson. A handgun was found in the car that contained a hollowpoint round. Could be the owner (probably the driver) forgot to check the gun to see that the last round was ejected because it was a semi-automatic and the rounds load automatically, even though you empty the gun there will still be one round in the chamber because they load automatically. You have to physically check the weapon to see that the last round is ejected after emptying it at the range. This kind of thing does happen from time to time. Not a good thing at all, but not uncommon. I do not think they were driving around with a fully loaded handgun, but rather there was a handgun in the car with a SINGLE ROUND in it that was not checked for and ejected at the firing range.

The alcohol thing? Hey... athletes party... Joe Namath partied his ass off, they all did and still do. I'm not gonna kill the guy for that.

So ultimately I don't think Goodson will receive any jail time because he wasn't driving the car, the gun probably wasn't his, and being a drunk passenger doesn't generally get you a jail sentence, all they can charge him with is public intoxication which is a misdemeanor and not very serious.
    I can respect this, kind of.

I thought preliminary "reports" said there were drugs (da Chronic) involved?

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I can respect this, kind of.

I thought preliminary "reports" said there were drugs (da Chronic) involved?
    Actually they did find marijuana on them, but even that isn't a serious offense as long as it's below a certain amount and not considered for sale to others.

The driver recieved a DWI and a $150,000 bail. Goodman just recieved a $50,000 bail. So the more seriously charged person was the driver, not Goodman.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jets-rb...2462--nfl.html
    Last edited by billygreen; 05-18-2013 at 12:41 AM.

SAR I
    An you're a grown man...

An you're a grown man...
    Hey, good news!

We're only 20 months away from getting that 12th win you promised us last year.

Talk to me in 2015 when it happens.

SAR I