Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Goodson Arrested

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Actually they did find marijuana on them, but even that isn't a serious offense as long as it's below a certain amount and not considered for sale to others.

The driver recieved a DWI and a $150,000 bail. Goodman just recieved a $50,000 bail. So the more seriously charged person was the driver, not Goodman.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jets-rb...2462--nfl.html
    Honestly, i can really understand where youre going here, and can even appreciate it to an extent. Its important not to condemn until the facts are clear.

It certainly doesnt bode well however.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Hey, good news!

We're only 20 months away from getting that 12th win you promised us last year.

Talk to me in 2015 when it happens.

SAR I
    And you though we should have drafted Matt Leinhart

GFY

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Honestly, i can really understand where youre going here, and can even appreciate it to an extent. Its important not to condemn until the facts are clear.

It certainly doesnt bode well however.
    I think when they find marijuana in the car, or find a gun in the car, they charge everybody in the car. Afterwards the district attorney decides whether there is sufficient evidence to charge all parties or not.

Goodson is a JAG. Forget him. Cut Him. I'd rather throw screens to Joe McNight.

Veteran
    Your personal attack has been reported.

SAR I
    WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Joe McNight.
    I look forward to your spelling of the rest of the roster, especially those who have been Jets for three well-scriptured years now

Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Goodson is a JAG. Forget him. Cut Him. I'd rather throw screens to Joe McNight.
    They've already paid him $1 million of his $1.3 million this season up front. If they cut him what's it gonna save them, like $300 grand? Might as well let this blow over and see what they can get out of him this season.

Goodson was a passenger in the car, not the driver. The driver received a DWI, not Goodson. A handgun was found in the car that contained a hollowpoint round. Could be the owner (probably the driver) forgot to check the gun to see that the last round was ejected because it was a semi-automatic and the rounds load automatically, even though you empty the gun there will still be one round in the chamber because they load automatically. You have to physically check the weapon to see that the last round is ejected after emptying it at the range. This kind of thing does happen from time to time. Not a good thing at all, but not uncommon. I do not think they were driving around with a fully loaded handgun, but rather there was a handgun in the car with a SINGLE ROUND in it that was not checked for and ejected at the firing range.

The alcohol thing? Hey... athletes party... Joe Namath partied his ass off, they all did and still do. I'm not gonna kill the guy for that.

So ultimately I don't think Goodson will receive any jail time because he wasn't driving the car, the gun probably wasn't his, and being a drunk passenger doesn't generally get you a jail sentence, all they can charge him with is public intoxication which is a misdemeanor and not very serious.
    The highlighted part is sheer nonsense. With a semi-automatic, when you actually empty the gun ALL the rounds are used and there won't be one in the chamber. What you are probably thinking about is that you can empty the magazine itself and still have one in the chamber

WRT many of the other things said in this thread, what a bunch of nonsense as well. I'd wager that unless you personally grew up with everyone you all hang out with and can account for every month of their lives, quite a few of you "associate" with felons without even knowing about it. Seriously, how many of you all run background checks on all your friends and acquaintances ?

As to the gun, I'd also wager that many of you all have ridden in a car where a gun was present unbeknownst to you. I mean, who looks under both seats, in the rear floorboards and checks the trunk before getting into a friend's car ?

Personally, I'll wait to pass judgement until more facts come to light.

Rookie
    Look at all these Cool-Aid drinkers spinning this incident. If Mike Goodson was playing for the Patriots will they spin the incident the same way? I doubted.

Actually they did find marijuana on them, but even that isn't a serious offense as long as it's below a certain amount and not considered for sale to others.

The driver recieved a DWI and a $150,000 bail. Goodman just recieved a $50,000 bail. So the more seriously charged person was the driver, not Goodman.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jets-rb...2462--nfl.html
    Couple things here

The bail numbers you have are correct however its important to note that both of them are "cash bail". It will probably be tough for goodsons friend to come up with 150K cash quickly.

His number was higher not due to more responsibility for this crime but rather because he has a previous felony conviction.

Lets see how it plays out but I hope the gun wasnt goodsons because if it was, he is in real trouble - football suspension is the least of his worries as he will face real jail time.

They've already paid him $1 million of his $1.3 million this season up front. If they cut him what's it gonna save them, like $300 grand? Might as well let this blow over and see what they can get out of him this season.
    Not true:

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN15h
    RT ‏@adbrandt Mike Goodson's $1 million bonus was not all up front, had deferrals. Could be helpful to Jets depending how it plays out #nyj

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    Look at all these Cool-Aid drinkers spinning this incident. If Mike Goodson was playing for the Patriots will they spin the incident the same way? I doubted.

That's because this is a Jets Board, not a Pats Board.
    Last edited by JetsFanatic; 05-18-2013 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    And you though we should have drafted Matt Leinhart

GFY
    Nope. I wanted any QB to replace Pennington because I knew he'd never cut it.

I was right.

SAR I

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    The highlighted part is sheer nonsense. With a semi-automatic, when you actually empty the gun ALL the rounds are used and there won't be one in the chamber. What you are probably thinking about is that you can empty the magazine itself and still have one in the

Personally, I'll wait to pass judgement until more facts come to light.
    The reality about semi automatic unloading is that mistakes are common. Lets say I am going to a a bad neighborhood and want to protect myself.
    - I could take my little 38 revolver. Easy to see how many rounds went in and easy to unload. 5 rounds max.
    - I could take my Glock which holds a 10 round mad. I have options.
    1) insert the mag, but leave the chamber empty. Easy to unload, but bad plan in an emergency.
    2) repeat 1 but load the weapon by working the action to load the pistol. I now have 9 in the mag + 1 in the chamber. If I want, I can drop the mag and top it off. I now have 10+1. When it is time to unload, i need to drop the mag + work the action to eject the round.

That final step is where people f-up. The leave the round in the action.

All League
    When it is time to unload, i need to drop the mag + work the action to eject the round.

That final step is where people f-up. The leave the round in the action.
    Or, reverse the steps. Work the action to dump a round, THEN drop the magazine. I've seen that end badly once.

Jail the Beast.

Veteran
    wasn't it Goodsons SUV they were riding in. Second was the gun registered, 3rd does Goodson have any prior incidents that could lead to an NFL suspension and affect sentencing

I find it hard to understand why people support bums. This guy is obviously trash.
    If he had just a minor possession situation it would NOT be a $50,000 bail.
    I'm sure there are those on here who have been charged with possession or police who have arrested same. 50K? Nah.
    And let's not forget Goodell in all this. He's trying to clean things up.

Can someone please explain how the car was stopped in the middle of RT. 80? Did the driver pass out and take his foot off the gas and by some miracle the wheel stayed straight?

<-------And I'll remind everyone that in 2008 Shawn Ellis got busted for marijuana, speeding and driving without insurance and made a critical scoop and score to beat the Bills the very next game.
    Last edited by TheBlairThomasFumble; 05-18-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Nope. I wanted any QB to replace Pennington because I knew he'd never cut it.

I was right.

SAR I
    You were wrong, like usual, injuries derailed him, not ability.

Clown