Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Goodson Arrested

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Interesting. To bad the facts make you look stupid. Chad Pennington threw for over 3,600 yds 67% 7.7avg 19td 7int 97.4 rating while leading his team to the division crown. Hardly numbers of a QB who needs compensating for. No it is the Jets who have had to compensate for ****ty Sanchez for 4 years. If Sanchez did the same thing that Pennington did you would be ready to put him up in canton as the greatest QB of all time. Your man crush for the ****tiest QB in team history is disgusting.
    Chad Pennington sh-t the bed in Oakland and Pittsburgh. Those are facts. He was a lousy postseason quarterback and that was with a better team than Mark Sanchez ever had. He has a 2-4 record with 8 TD's and 8 INT's.

Mark Sanchez has yet to have a lousy, Pennington-like playoff game. In his worst playoff game, he bounced back to lead us on a dramatic last-minute victory. In our Championship Game losses, Mark was the best Jet on the field. He has a 4-2 record with 9 TD's and 3 INT's.

Facts make who look stupid?

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Duh Mark had a guy named LT. He will be in the Hall of Fame. Mark had Holmes and Edwards but could not get them the ball accurately! Just sayin.... In Marky's first two season he had a premier OL and still did not win a Super Bowl or produce great numbers or beat strong teams consistently! I hope that jogs your memory!
    LT was in the twilight of his career.

Curtis was in his prime the whole time Chad was in green.

Mark's first two seasons he was a 22 year old rookie who otherwise would still be in college. All he did was go 4-2 in the playoffs with 9 TD's and 3 INT's.

Chad was a savvy vet by the time he entered the playoff conversation. In his last three postseason starts, Pennington is 0-3 with 2 TD's and 6 INT's.

Memory jogged.

SAR I

All League

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    One was handed Bill Parcells team, a Hall of Fame running back, a Top 5 offensive line, a trio of WR's named Moss/Coles/Chrebet, a one-two RB punch with Martin/Jordan, and a brilliant blocker and pass-catcher named Anderson. He could never get past the second round of the playoffs and was the primary reason for the quick exits.

The other was handed a decaying Rex Ryan team, a below-average running back, a sketchy offensive line, an injury prone tight end, a trio of terrible offensive coordinators, and a never-ending parade of old run down wide receivers none of which stuck around in consecutive years to build chemistry with. He won 4 road playoff games and was the best Jet on the field in the 2 road Championship games.

The page on Pennington isn't just turned, it's burned.

The page on Sanchez is still open.

SAR I
    You failed to mention coaching. Conveniently?

Pennington was handed a superior cast of offensive players, and also an aging and very inferior defensive cast. And a head coach that thought giving speeches in front of the media passed for coaching.

Sanchez had far less of a cast on offense. An above average running game, an excellent offensive line, a pitiful receiving corps until Edwards was acquired, a receiving tight end that excelled in his rookie season, and nothing for a fullback.

And he also got a very underachieving defensive unit. That ranked first overall the first year that Rex took over.

I don't know what you call that, but it is a far better coaching job than Herm Edwards ever pretended to do, considering the results.

Sanchez had his moments, I won't deny him that. But he never defined himself as a franchise quarterback.

Anyone in disagreement is delusional.

I've been a Jets fan since 1978, went on the waitlist in 1995, spent $10,000 to buy someone's subscription and became a season ticket holder in 2001, spent $45,000 on gameday tickets in Giants Stadium, bought $20,000 in MetLife PSL's in 2008, and have committed to a 30 year license that'll cost me over $200,000 in gameday tickets. That's $275,000 in today's dollars, probably cost me half a mil by 2039.

What's your level of commitment?

SAR I
    Well son,
    I have been Jets fan since before your mom and dad even thought about bringing you into this world
    I watched Joe Wille in his hay day with the rest of the working stiffs at Shea when the Jets were the blue collar team in town.
    I became a Jets fan at the age of 9, I am 58 this year, you don't even know the meaning of long suffering yet.
    I can't claim to have the wealth you seem to want to throw in everyone's face. Again, I was just a regular working guy, raising his family the best he could without an extra 275.000 to spend on a football team, even my beloved Jets.
    You seem to feel that only people who can spend money should be allow to be Jets fans. You certainly flaunt your spending habits every chance you get. My commitment can only be done on a fixed income these days. Living here in Ft Myers Fl, my personal Fl plate AFC-JETS rides with me every day. I will wear my Jets gear in season and take all the crap handed to me and give it right back. Those here in Fl that know me, respect that my loyalty to my team has never wavered. Thru the Super Bowl right up to the buttfumble

So that's the difference between you and I young man, I have lived the Jets experience, while you just try to buy it. While I will never claim to be an expert by any means, I can say for certain, I have probability forgotten about the game of football,then you will ever know.

I've been a Jets fan since 1978, went on the waitlist in 1995, spent $10,000 to buy someone's subscription and became a season ticket holder in 2001, spent $45,000 on gameday tickets in Giants Stadium, bought $20,000 in MetLife PSL's in 2008, and have committed to a 30 year license that'll cost me over $200,000 in gameday tickets. That's $275,000 in today's dollars, probably cost me half a mil by 2039.

SAR I
    Shouldn't you be asking about his level of stupidity?

Because what you just described is a terrible investment.
    Last edited by Geothermal; 05-19-2013 at 04:15 AM.

All League

SAR I
    Yeah, but you're filthy rich. I make peanuts and have The Red Zone channel. My kids have holes in their shoes so I can watch the jets.

Advantage: me.

One was handed Bill Parcells team, a Hall of Fame running back, a Top 5 offensive line, a trio of WR's named Moss/Coles/Chrebet, a one-two RB punch with Martin/Jordan, and a brilliant blocker and pass-catcher named Anderson. He could never get past the second round of the playoffs and was the primary reason for the quick exits.

The other was handed a decaying Rex Ryan team, a below-average running back, a sketchy offensive line, an injury prone tight end, a trio of terrible offensive coordinators, and a never-ending parade of old run down wide receivers none of which stuck around in consecutive years to build chemistry with. He won 4 road playoff games and was the best Jet on the field in the 2 road Championship games.

The page on Pennington isn't just turned, it's burned.

The page on Sanchez is still open.

SAR I
    How many times in your lifetime have you.... mark's D$$$??

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Well son,
    I have been Jets fan since before your mom and dad even thought about bringing you into this world
    I watched Joe Wille in his hay day with the rest of the working stiffs at Shea when the Jets were the blue collar team in town.
    I became a Jets fan at the age of 9, I am 58 this year, you don't even know the meaning of long suffering yet.
    I can't claim to have the wealth you seem to want to throw in everyone's face. Again, I was just a regular working guy, raising his family the best he could without an extra 275.000 to spend on a football team, even my beloved Jets.
    You seem to feel that only people who can spend money should be allow to be Jets fans. You certainly flaunt your spending habits every chance you get. My commitment can only be done on a fixed income these days. Living here in Ft Myers Fl, my personal Fl plate AFC-JETS rides with me every day. I will wear my Jets gear in season and take all the crap handed to me and give it right back. Those here in Fl that know me, respect that my loyalty to my team has never wavered. Thru the Super Bowl right up to the buttfumble

So that's the difference between you and I young man, I have lived the Jets experience, while you just try to buy it. While I will never claim to be an expert by any means, I can say for certain, I have probability forgotten about the game of football,then you will ever know.
    You challenged my level of commitment. You shouldn't have.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    How many times in your lifetime have you.... mark's D$$$??
    Type English. Maybe someone will care about what you have to say.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Geothermal View Post
    Shouldn't you be asking about his level of stupidity?

Because what you just described is a terrible investment.
    Investment?

LOL. Is going to the movies an "investment"? A vacation in Costa Rica? A few Broadway shows?

Attending NFL games is an expensive form of entertainment, nothing more.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

LT was in the twilight of his career.

Curtis was in his prime the whole time Chad was in green.

Mark's first two seasons he was a 22 year old rookie who otherwise would still be in college. All he did was go 4-2 in the playoffs with 9 TD's and 3 INT's.

Chad was a savvy vet by the time he entered the playoff conversation. In his last three postseason starts, Pennington is 0-3 with 2 TD's and 6 INT's.

Memory jogged.

SAR I
    While I agree Chad except for the Colt playoff game sucked in the playoffs Sanchez had the better RB's.. Martin never had a 100 yd game for Chad in the playoffs or scored a td.. LT,TJ and Greene all scored in the playoffs and Greene had games over a 100 yds.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

The topic of this thread is our idiot new RB. Lets try to stay on topic.

Thankee.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    The topic of this thread is our idiot new RB. Lets try to stay on topic.

Thankee.
    We are talking about RB's in general no one is getting out of line.. When the time comes that I can't talk about what I want in a rational way will be the time I leave the board for good..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    We are talking about RB's in general no one is getting out of line.. When the time comes that I can't talk about what I want in a rational way will be the time I leave the board for good..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG8VS_OWFHI

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    You can safely assume that that wasn't directed at you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    You can safely assume that that wasn't directed at you.
    Go to the Geno in uniform thread are they just talking about Geno?? My point was who cares about what the main topic was as long as the thread stays respectful..

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    We are all just splitting hairs over the semantics of what happend.

At the end of the day he has to be cut for puttin himself in that position, and as a clear directive that these characters won't be tolerated.

Idzik must make a stand or open the flood gates for more of the same.
    Investment?

LOL. Is going to the movies an "investment"? A vacation in Costa Rica? A few Broadway shows?

Attending NFL games is an expensive form of entertainment, nothing more.

SAR I
    Nothing like logging onto JI in the morning to see if there was an update on Goodson, clicking on the thread and seeing SAR hijacking another thread with his drivel that being a fan is related to how much money you spend.

Awesome

SAR I
    like marriage, commitment is measured in emotional currency. how yours stacks up to others, we will never really know.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Nothing like logging onto JI in the morning to see if there was an update on Goodson, clicking on the thread and seeing SAR hijacking another thread with his drivel that being a fan is related to how much money you spend.

Awesome

entitlement mentality