Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Goodson Arrested

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I agree with you . This board would be be very boring if it were not for the diversity. Everything is subjective anyway and I find some posters that are respected by others as offensive.

We are all Jet fans. The rest is all BS.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Okay, if it makes you feel better.
    I can guarantee you it doesn't make him feel better. That is the one thing all you people that get upset at his trolling should realize. He is a miserable person, and he wants you to join him. Oh yes, and if you want to feel better, just imagine being one of the 3 people that have to sit with him every week. Now those are some real Jets fans that endure true sacrifice to watch the games.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I agree with you . This board would be be very boring if it were not for the diversity. Everything is subjective anyway and I find some posters that are respected by others as offensive.

We are all Jet fans. The rest is all BS.
    So you're saying that you find the people that disagree with your tolerance to be offensive? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I can guarantee you it doesn't make him feel better. That is the one thing all you people that get upset at his trolling should realize. He is a miserable person, and he wants you to join him. Oh yes, and if you want to feel better, just imagine being one of the 3 people that have to sit with him every week. Now those are some real Jets fans that endure true sacrifice to watch the games.
    I honestly don't have a problem with the guy posting. It's still an almost free country, and as much as many dislike what he brings, he should still be allow to say it.
    My issue, I guess, is the guy takes such pleasure in crapping on everything Jets related. Lord knows, many of us have issues when things go awry, we just don't seem to enjoy it as much as this young man does.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    So you're saying that you find the people that disagree with your tolerance to be offensive? Interesting.
    No. I think Jet fans need to see the big picture. We are here as Jet fans. All different education backgrounds, professionals, non professional, kids etc

Just because you are permitted to post doesn't mean you have to pass any criteria. Enjoy the show, man. And take it all with a grain of salt. BMW or homeless, it is all here.
    Last edited by RMJK; 05-20-2013 at 09:16 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    That only works for organized events.

How do you use the company's free services when you don't want the team to know about your criminal behavior?

Especially when you're out thugging on a regular basis.
    Thats completely false.

First of all, having a few too many drinks and needing a ride instead of getting behind the wheel is not criminal behavior. It's having a few too many, everyone has done it.

You make a call to a car service, they pick you up...no questions asked.
    Savage was right.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Im on a different coast, and quite uneducated in the gun laws of NY/NJ.
    Of course im aware of the felon in possession of a firearm consequences. Not good.

Very tough to not judge anybody until the facts come out. In addition there are alot of moral/judgement issues here, which im sure everybody interprets differently depending on their beliefs and outlook.

To me, even if the gun was NOT his, nor the reefer, it just shows bad judgement being involved in these situations. Again, just my outlook, which counts for absolutely nothing.

I was just pointing out that this:

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post

I could however, hypothetically speaking, imagine a scenario such as
    "Mane, just say the piece was yours, and ill get you 100k on the flip side. Im a NFL player , mane."
    Might not be such an easy thing to do given the driver's standing as a convicted felon. He'll be facing much more time.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post
    I think it's the pessimistic view of just about everything that makes people question the fandom. show a lil optimism
    I am optimistic that in 7 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 5 hours, and 29 minutes Rex Ryan will be gone and we will be on the road to recovery.

I am this way because the Jets put me here. By keeping Rex Ryan they wrote off our rebuilding for another year. I know there is hope around the corner, I know we will see brighter days, I know we will get that elusive Championship, but to have to sit through another lousy season is unbearably painful. Some of us react differently to pain. Some deny it. Some accept it. Some fight it.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Yup. The board was surely lacking in this. Ten year olds were staying away in droves.

oh the ironing.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Thats completely false.

First of all, having a few too many drinks and needing a ride instead of getting behind the wheel is not criminal behavior. It's having a few too many, everyone has done it.

You make a call to a car service, they pick you up...no questions asked.
    Savage was right.
    First of all, I'm not talking about the normal too-many-to-drive situations (which wasn't Goodson's case, so you're wrong).

Secondly, in those situations how is it different than calling your own cab?

How does the team provided service get paid?

Now keep thinking it through ...
    Last edited by jetrider; 05-20-2013 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    First of all, I'm not talking about the normal too-many-to-drive situations (which wasn't Goodson's case).

Secondly, in those situations how is it different than calling your own cab?

How does the team provided service get paid?

Now keep thinking it through ...
    Payment part could happen a number of different ways. For example, it might be a prepaid service. Players would have number to call and have some kind of identification withe the company involved, an account number or something similar. Team gets billed a set amount per month regardless of use.

It's kind of like companies paying for a corporate apartment even though it might only be used a couple of times per month. Say the Jets contracted this out and it costs $5k per month or $60k per year. That's peanuts to an NFL team and well worth the cost to protect the players.

I am this way because the Jets put me here.

It must be infuriating that the one thing in you life that money cant buy exists.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I am optimistic that in 7 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 5 hours, and 29 minutes Rex Ryan will be gone and we will be on the road to recovery.

I am this way because the Jets put me here. By keeping Rex Ryan they wrote off our rebuilding for another year. I know there is hope around the corner, I know we will see brighter days, I know we will get that elusive Championship, but to have to sit through another lousy season is unbearably painful. Some of us react differently to pain. Some deny it. Some accept it. Some fight it.

SAR I
    Maybe we can hire Matt leinart to be the next Jets HC.

I understand the whole argument about the Jets wanting to maybe get Goodson's bonus money back by letting the court situation play out but I disagree with the approach. Just pull the trigger and cut this clown already. Jets will still save cap room anyway and they can move on and sign another back who can catch out of the backfield which is a big need for us.

This is similar to the Tebow situation. Why wait? Just cut the loser already and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    And the fact remains if your wrong again ( u said Rex would be fired in jan) you will hate the jets even more if izdik doesn't fire Rex.. You bash izdik because he didnt fire Rex already.. You only care about your bf #6.. If geno takes this team to 9-7 next yr and Rex stays you are probably going to go completely insane..

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I understand the whole argument about the Jets wanting to maybe get Goodson's bonus money back by letting the court situation play out but I disagree with the approach. Just pull the trigger and cut this clown already. Jets will still save cap room anyway and they can move on and sign another back who can catch out of the backfield which is a big need for us.

This is similar to the Tebow situation. Why wait? Just cut the loser already and move on.
    Maybe because the Jets feel he's a good player with a lot of upside and if he works out they'll have him for a very reasonable price? Goodson does have upside potential, regardless of this incident the Jets made a pretty good move by signing him, maybe they don't want to cut him until they see whether he's in very serious trouble or not? It's still possible that Goodson will walk with only some not so serious penalties as a result of this. I think the Jets will wait to see what happens here.

As far as I'm concerned, Goodson should no longer be in Jets fans' minds anymore. He's going to jail and even if he wasn't, I doubt Idzik(or even Woody) would want to have him as yet another "distraction" on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, Goodson should no longer be in Jets fans' minds anymore. He's going to jail and even if he wasn't, I doubt Idzik(or even Woody) would want to have him as yet another "distraction" on the team.
    Yeah but what if they cut him and then most of the charges are dropped and he walks away with a small fine? We don't know whether the district attorney has sufficient evidence to charge him yet. The police can arrest you for anything, its' up to the district attorney to decide if enough evidence exists to warrant a formal proceeding.

The Jets are just gonna wait to see what happens here, that's the prudent thing to do.

If most of these charges wind up getting dropped then you just cut a player for going out drinking on a Friday night... because so far that's the only thing we know for certain that he did.

He was a passenger in the car, so he wasn't driving drunk. He had a small amount of pot on him, not a serious offense. They found a gun in the car that might not even be his. That's all anyone knows right now... Are the Jets supposed to cut the guy before they know if he's done anything seriously wrong yet? What if they cut him and all of this turns out to be dropped or reduced to a small fine? The Jets need to chill here and not let the media hype drive their football decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post

He was a passenger in the car, so he wasn't driving drunk.
    He was intoxicated, though. At least that's what I heard....

He had a small amount of pot on him, not a serious offense.
    An offense is still an offense. And an unwanted distraction.

They found a gun in the car that might not even be his. That's all anyone knows right now... Are the Jets supposed to cut the guy before they know if he's done anything seriously wrong yet? What if they cut him and all of this turns out to be dropped or reduced to a small fine? The Jets need to chill here and not let the media hype drive their football decisions.
    Don't worry, Billy. I, Mr. Idzik, will do my due diligence on the matter....

Seriously, man. You don't have to try to convince me. I know the Jets will wait but man....Goodson may have just fubar'ed in BEING ASSOCIATED with "that person" who possibly owned that gun.

But since we're playing with "What-if's" here....

What if Goodson knew his "Friend" was packing heat?