Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Goodson Arrested

Jets Insider VIP
    We are on 25 pages for Mike Goodson. A scrub running back whos produced nothing in his 4 year in the nfl. There is a reason this guy is on his 3rd team in 3 years. To Jet fans, its like Adrian Pederson was arrested.

This guy should have been off the team yesterday but because its a idzik signing, he cant make this decision too quickly.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    I cannot believe this thread is now on page 25. Scanning some of the posts is head shaking material. Some of you are actually making a case for this loser.

"its just pot"

"who doesnt drink on Friday night?"

"they cannot prove who owns the gun"

Reality check:

As a professional athlete who represents the team (organization) they play for, you have an obligation to uphold your end of the bargain and part of that is being a RESPONSIBLE ADULT AT ALL TIMES!!

Being drunk and high (which the last I checked is still illegal in Nj and against NFL rules), parking on Rt.80 and either owning a handgun or being in the car with a handgun, also hanging with a convicted felon is NOT RESPONSIBLE BEHAVIOR.

This MF'er should have been kicked to the curb already. Stop making excuses for these losers who cant seem to get it right.
    Let's at least be honest. If this was Adrian Peterson or Jim Brown in his prime, we would be talking rehabilitation and a slap on the wrist. The fact that it's Mike Goodson makes the "dump the loser" argument easy. It's really a cost-benefit issue in the end. A low end, expendable player allows us to implement our moral outrage at very little sacrifice.

I cannot believe this thread is now on page 25. Scanning some of the posts is head shaking material. Some of you are actually making a case for this loser.

"its just pot"

Reality check:

As a professional athlete who represents the team (organization) they play for, you have an obligation to uphold your end of the bargain and part of that is being a RESPONSIBLE ADULT AT ALL TIMES!!

Being drunk and high (which the last I checked is still illegal in Nj and against NFL rules), parking on Rt.80 and either owning a handgun or being in the car with a handgun, also hanging with a convicted felon is NOT RESPONSIBLE BEHAVIOR.

This MF'er should have been kicked to the curb already. Stop making excuses for these losers who cant seem to get it right.
    This is a laughable post and demonstrates no understanding of sports history. Babe Ruth was out drinking and partying till all hours of the morning, its well documented, yet I don't think he represents the worst baseball ever had to offer. Athletes and partying has a very long history, a very long one. If we're going to hang Goodson by the neck for it then we better go back in time and hang tens of thousands of professional athletes for the same thing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

"its just pot"

Reality check:

So can I count you as one of the only that are still happy the Jets passed on Warren Sapp for Kyle Brady? Passed on Marino for O'Brien?

No one can condone what Goodson did the other night. Being intoxicated enough to wind up parked in the middle lane of route 80 is obviously a major issue. That alone should result in the Jets suspending and fining him.

However, until the gun charge sticks, there's no reason for the Jets to let this guy walk. Let's all take a deep breath and let the investigation run it's course.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Simple indeed - the players don't want the team to know they're out doing stupid sh!t at ridiculous hours.

Which part of that do you not get?

There's a big difference between having too much at dinner or getting into shady escapades with felons at 3AM.
    You just don't get it. They know there is no way the team will have a clue. Because its not used exclusively by drunks, criminals etc. Its a case of I need a ride, for any reason, no questions asked. Id bet its used every day by players. And who the fu(k is going to report back to the team? A driver? He's qualified? Really, how? A team protecting their own investment, dependent on the players contributions is going to suspend its own player? Sure.

Only clueless fans think teams care that a player is coming home at 3 am. Or that a driver would have a clue as to who is or isn't a felon. BTW, was his friend a felon?
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 05-20-2013 at 11:18 AM.

And let's not forget that it is customary to let the legal process run its course. I am not in favor hasty action before all the facts are in. Did Goodson own the gun? Did he own the big bag of pot? Let the police and the legal system do their jobs. Then, and only then, do you take action. If he is going to be charged with major offenses, then you dump him. If he is charged with only having a joint and being stupid enough to be in a car with someone he shouldn't be with, then you take action that is more in line with the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Payment part could happen a number of different ways. For example, it might be a prepaid service. Players would have number to call and have some kind of identification withe the company involved, an account number or something similar. Team gets billed a set amount per month regardless of use.

It's kind of like companies paying for a corporate apartment even though it might only be used a couple of times per month. Say the Jets contracted this out and it costs $5k per month or $60k per year. That's peanuts to an NFL team and well worth the cost to protect the players.
    why would the Jets care if this is used? it's a service they want used. beats getting behind the wheel.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by skipper View Post
    And let's not forget that it is customary to let the legal process run its course. I am not in favor hasty action before all the facts are in. Did Goodson own the gun? Did he own the big bag of pot? Let the police and the legal system do their jobs. Then, and only then, do you take action. If he is going to be charged with major offenses, then you dump him. If he is charged with only having a joint and being stupid enough to be in a car with someone he shouldn't be with, then you take action that is more in line with the offense.
    Even Shaun Ellis loved his weed..

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Money for false testimony is absolutely not legal. Paying the defense lawyers for the other guy may make sense for the Jets in either event. Hopefully it is just encouraging him to tell the truth. If it did happen that the other guy cops to owning the gun then if that is not true it may be quite difficult to prove that he is lying.
    why would the Jets pay for legal coverage for the other guy?

they want the other guy to have bad legal rep so the govt can pin all the blame on the other guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Yet the Government can tap phones and spy on the people..
    Yep... The government and the police can videotape YOU without your permission, but if you videotape THEM at the same time YOU are liable for a Class 1 Felony in a dozen U.S. states and can go to jail for 15 years on each count.

A Class 1 Felony is equivalent to RAPE! The same penalty as rape for videotaping a public official without their consent... but no penalty to the government for doing the same exact thing.

We are losing our rights in this country at an alarming rate.

Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Let's at least be honest. If this was Adrian Peterson or Jim Brown in his prime, we would be talking rehabilitation and a slap on the wrist. The fact that it's Mike Goodson makes the "dump the loser" argument easy. It's really a cost-benefit issue in the end. A low end, expendable player allows us to implement our moral outrage at very little sacrifice.
    For me, it wouldnt matter what the players status was.

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    So can I count you as one of the only that are still happy the Jets passed on Warren Sapp for Kyle Brady? Passed on Marino for O'Brien?

No one can condone what Goodson did the other night. Being intoxicated enough to wind up parked in the middle lane of route 80 is obviously a major issue. That alone should result in the Jets suspending and fining him.

However, until the gun charge sticks, there's no reason for the Jets to let this guy walk. Let's all take a deep breath and let the investigation run it's course.
    Marino's case was a bunch of unsubstantiated rumors.
    Sapp did have failed drug tests and no I would not have picked Brady, but yes it would have been someone else besides Sapp.

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    This is a laughable post and demonstrates no understanding of sports history. Babe Ruth was out drinking and partying till all hours of the morning, its well documented, yet I don't think he represents the worst baseball ever had to offer. Athletes and partying has a very long history, a very long one. If we're going to hang Goodson by the neck for it then we better go back in time and hang tens of thousands of professional athletes for the same thing.
    The fact that you find my post laughable is exactly what is wrong with the mentality in America.

We are not talking about drinking beers with the boys and banging chicks other than your wife. We are talking about breaking the law on multiple fronts.

Having fun is great, acting like an ass is not.

Everybody did it.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Yep... The government and the police can videotape YOU without your permission, but if you videotape THEM at the same time YOU are liable for a Class 1 Felony in a dozen U.S. states and can go to jail for 15 years on each count.

A Class 1 Felony is equivalent to RAPE! The same penalty as rape for videotaping a public official without their consent... but no penalty to the government for doing the same exact thing.

Except that its foolish not to understand the reasons why.

Not being able to tape government and the police agencies in no way violates your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Yet the Government can tap phones and spy on the people..

Reading the comments over at youtube, here's an interesting one :

LadyeCatte 10 hours ago

Why post a 2yr old story? The charges were dismissed in Sept. 2011, with Circuit Court Judge David Frankland stating, ""A statute intended to prevent unwarranted intrusions into a citizen’s privacy cannot be used as a shield for public officials who cannot assert a comparable right of privacy in their public duties. Such action impedes the free flow of information concerning public officials and violates the First Amendment right to gather such information."

Sanity prevailed.

and this one :

Cape Town 12 hours ago

This is OLD OLD OLD NEWS... What a jacked up bullcrap thing to post...!!!

Update: It is Not, Repeat Not illegal to film police in Illinois... This was thrown out and all charges were dismissed...

It is legal to film police in all 50 states period... Know your rights...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post

Right on. Thank you for your well-balanced opinion.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    The fact that you find my post laughable is exactly what is wrong with the mentality in America.

We are not talking about drinking beers with the boys and banging chicks other than your wife. We are talking about breaking the law on multiple fronts.

Having fun is great, acting like an ass is not.
    +1
    I think this debate is hitting home on more than Goodson, its more of a morality, right/wrong issue.

Driving around drunk, with a heater, and reef rock, is not acceptable social behavior, nor should it be considered so. Whether Goodson is guilty of this, well have to wait and see.

This could have ended far worse if there were an argument, traffic accident, or confrontation at somewhere as mundane as the mcdonalds on the corner after a night of drinking. See it all the time on the news.

Waterboy
    Marino's case was a bunch of unsubstantiated rumors.
    Sapp did have failed drug tests and no I would not have picked Brady, but yes it would have been someone else besides Sapp.
    Marino's case was not unsubstantiated rumors. I know someone who went to Pitt with him and said he would do blow right off the bar in a crowded bar.

I to am leaning toward the " on unconditional release"'of this young man. I have my own 20 year old and