Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Goodson Arrested

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Ive passed out on the ride to disneyland, but my wife wasnt carrying a glock 9, nor a sack of the chron rock.
    You should try it, well at least once.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Ban this lame, unfunny, pathetic closet pat fan troll.

As for him buying JI or anything....his wife who wears the pants and makes all the money (allowing him to occupy a "job" that includes posting shtick 40 hours every work week) doesn't even give him the cash to buy lunch...
    Don't get upset, he's a SARhole. His posts are beyond anything worth even commenting on

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    According to Goodson's lawyer, the weed wasn't on him, and the gun was in a locked glove box.

I predict motion hearings to suppress, followed by community service and alcohol counseling.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Without knowing ALL the details, alcohol and guns dont mix. Can ther seriously be any denying of that?

Drunk people lose inhibitions.
    Without inhibitions, people often act, well, stupid.
    Add a firearm to the mix, and there is a recipe for disaster.
    lots of people apparently.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    You should try it, well at least once.
    Oh, theres obviously something about it thats alluring, everybodys doing it.
    We will put it on the list of things to do when the kids move out in 26 years. Maybe there will be lasers by then.

Oh, and we like our thc in cookies or cannabutter.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    According to Goodson's lawyer, the weed wasn't on him, and the gun was in a locked glove box.

I predict motion hearings to suppress, followed by community service and alcohol counseling.
    To me the key is the weapons charge. If that gets wiped out he has a chance. We just have to let the legal process play out.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    Goodson wasn't driving. You've never passed out in the passenger seat when someone else was driving?
    i haven't been a passenger (sober or passed out) in a car where the driver is so drunk and high that he stops in the middle of the highway.

i take it that's a regular night out for you?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

if this is true, this is a good sign.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, that's the story.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B]According to Goodson's lawyer, the weed wasn't on him[/B], and the gun was in a locked glove box.

His lawyer had best accord in that direction.
    There are far too many unknowns in this case to draw a conclusion. We may never know the truth, so we all express our beliefs on the subject matter, which is misleading to this case in particular.

My belief is he is stupid for either
    A. Owning the heater or the chronic, or
    B. Driving as a passenger in a car with a person thats drunk and has the heater and chron rock.

Birds of the same feather tend to stick together.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, theres obviously something about it thats alluring, everybodys doing it.
    We will put it on the list of things to do when the kids move out in 26 years. Maybe there will be lasers by then.

Oh, and we like our thc in cookies or cannabutter.
    Chocolate chip. lol.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    To me the key is the weapons charge. If that gets wiped out he has a chance. We just have to let the legal process play out.
    agreed. the rest the team will deal with. the gun charge is the big problem.

p

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    agreed. the rest the team will deal with. the gun charge is the big problem.

p
    Fusco, said he believes if the gun charges lead to a conviction it would result in jail time.

"If anybody gets convicted of one of these (gun) charges, I would say prison," he said.

The most serious charge against Goodson is the second-degree unlawful possession of handgun, and would call for a 10-year maximum sentence and three-year minimum prison sentence. However, both Fusco and Garant Evans' lawyer, Joe Afflitto, felt the prosecution would have difficulty proving the second-degree charge.

Joe Afflito said the prosecution will have a “proof problem” on the second-degree crime because it requires “proof that you had a weapon and that you were going to use it to harm a person or property. This gun was found in the car so I don’t know where that comes from.”

Added Afflitto, “According to the newspaper reports, they were picked up on the side of the highway unconscious.”

The third-degree crime, possession of a loaded handgun, is much simpler to prove and only requires proof that the defendants had the gun and it was loaded. That conviction would come with a recommended sentence of 3-5 years, according to Afflitto. Unlike Fusco, Afflitto said he believes Goodson could avoid jail time even if convicted of the third-degree gun charge as long as he avoided the second-degree charge.

If neither Goodson nor Evans, the driver of the car, step up to claim ownership of the gun, they both could be convicted of possession.

The marijuana and paraphernalia charges were minor, Afflitto said. Fusco said the marijuana also wasn't Goodson's.
    So being picked up, unconscious, in the middle of the highway is working in their favor, LOL.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 05-21-2013 at 06:01 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    So being picked up on the side of the highway is working in their favor, LOL.
    Jokes aside, this will make a great Law n Order. (the one with ice tea)
    imagine all the underlying conversations, dealings, threats, etc.

Is Michael in the hole currently?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    don't know if posted yet...

Mike Goodson to plead not guilty
    Updated: May 21, 2013, 6:01 PM ET
    By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

New York Jets running back Mike Goodson, arrested last Friday for drug and weapon possession, will plead not guilty to all charges Wednesday morning at his arraignment in Morris County, N.J., his attorney said Tuesday.

Goodson informed the Jets that the handgun discovered by police in an SUV at the time of the arrest didn't belong to him, according to his New Jersey-based attorney, Anthony J. Fusco. Goodson, whose future with the team is uncertain, met Monday morning with Jets general manager John Idzik and later with coach Rex Ryan.

Fusco said he spoke to Jets officials later Monday, reiterating that Goodson isn't the owner of the gun.

"The gun isn't ours," Fusco said in a phone interview. "We're hoping, after the prosecution does its investigation, that's the way it plays out. I'm confident that's what will happen. I told Mike, 'These gun charges are very serious.'"

Goodson was arrested after 3 a.m. Friday during a traffic stop on Route 80 in New Jersey. He was charged with unlawful possession of a handgun, possession of a loaded handgun, possession of hollow-point ammunition, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.

Both Goodson and the driver, Garant Evans, 31, of Roselle, N.J., were intoxicated, according to police. Goodson required medical attention at a local hospital.

Fusco said Goodson had no idea there was a gun, marijuana or drug paraphernalia in the car. He acknowledged that Goodson was drunk -- he was so intoxicated that he was transported by ambulance to the hospital -- but he stressed that the running back wasn't driving the car.

Goodson is scheduled for a pre-indictment conference on June 12, according to the Morris County Superior Court. That falls on the second day of the Jets' three-day, mandatory minicamp.

If Goodson pleads guilty or is convicted of unlawful possession of a handgun, he will be subject to the Graves Act, a New Jersey law that carries a mandatory minimum sentence of three years. There is a chance the charges could be amended.

Evans' attorney, Joseph Afflitto, said he didn't have any information regarding gun ownership. He wasn't retained until Tuesday morning and hasn't had a chance to meet with his client, who remains in custody and pleaded not guilty to all charges via video conference during Tuesday's arraignment. Evans' bail was reduced from $150,000 to $75,000.

The gun charge could be dropped for either Goodson or Evans if the police determine who it belonged to, but Carroll said both occupants of a vehicle still can be found guilty of charges relating to one gun or hollow-point bullets under a clause called constructive possession.
    The Jets signed Goodson to a three-year, $6.9 million contract in March, envisioning him as a major contributor in their backfield. On Tuesday, owner Woody Johnson said the team still was collecting information on the case.

"We're trying to win games and do the right thing. Truth, justice and the American way," Johnson told reporters at the NFL owners meetings in Boston. "We live by it, we really do."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ead-not-guilty

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

If all this is true, then that's very good(and fortunate) news for Goodson.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that clears things up. They didn't know there were drugs, pot and a hand gun. "sorry, we were just too f'd up."

It also sounds like the hand gun is unregistered if they're both claiming that it's not theirs. If that's the case, this could get serious quickly.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    So being picked up, unconscious, in the middle of the highway is working in their favor, LOL.
    Added Afflitto, “According to the newspaper reports, they were picked up on the side of the highway unconscious.”

Well that certainly explains why the Truck driver called the police. He probably thought they were dead or something....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    i haven't been a passenger (sober or passed out) in a car where the driver is so drunk and high that he stops in the middle of the highway.

i take it that's a regular night out for you?
    I can't say I have, though I can admit I've made bad choices which could have been made worse at the flip of a coin.

I don't have all the details of the incident, most likely you don't either. I'm sure you've never made a bad choice in your life. If you're old enough and don't live in a bubble chances are you have made choices that could have turned out bad if fate decided to make it so. Doesn't make you a bad person it just proves your human.

I've previously mentioned that he should have displayed better judgment.

However, I'm not going to condemn him either. The way some are acting you'd think Goodson was doing a buck-twenty down 95 with a big spliff in his mouth, a bottle of jack in his right hand, firing a glock wildly out the window with his left, and while in a drug fueled rampage crashed into a school bus full of kids.

Meanwhile apparently the pot was not found on him, the gun was in a locked glove compartment, and Goodson was NOT driving. Hollow point btw are LEGAL in NJ but you have to follow and meet certain conditions generally they are used for shooting at the range and for hunting.
    Last edited by AmericanMadman; 05-21-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where's our lawyers here? What's "constructive possession" and what happens if it's unregistered and no one claims ownership? I'd guess the car owner gets nailed but what do I know.