Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Goodson Arrested

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I'm curious. Why are you even here? You're not funny 95% of the time, so you add little entertainment value like SAR. You contribute nothing of football value. You don't even spark debate or controversy as do other trolls. You're like a subtle stain that isn't easily noticeable, but still won't go away.

Just saying. Carry on for whatever it's worth.
    I'm here because I enjoy myself. I really like this site. I know I'm not a good poster but I am trying to improve. I don't have much of a life really so I post on here.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for the input.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post

However, I'm not going to condemn him either. The way some are acting you'd think Goodson was doing a buck-twenty down 95 with a big spliff in his mouth, a bottle of jack in his right hand, firing a glock wildly out the window with his left, and while in a drug fueled rampage crashed into a school bus full of kids.
    So, no hands on the steering wheel????

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    So, no hands on the steering wheel????
    Driving with his knee. People do it all the time.

Ultimately it was driving with his knee that caused the accident with the bus.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Where's our lawyers here? What's "constructive possession" and what happens if it's unregistered and no one claims ownership? I'd guess the car owner gets nailed but what do I know.
    Possessing without physical possession. Prosecution will need to prove he knew about the gun and could actually control it in some way. Won't be easy, honestly.

Probably in both their best interests to play dumb. Just because it wasn't one guy's gun doesn't mean you can convict the other guy.

Guess it depends on where the gun was found inside the car. If it was stashed away someplace, I guess he can make a case that he didn't know about it. Any intrepid souls out there live near the Netcong state police barracks and feel like going and reading the incident report, which are public records in NJ?

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    I can't say I have, though I can admit I've made bad choices which could have been made worse at the flip of a coin.

I don't have all the details of the incident, most likely you don't either. I'm sure you've never made a bad choice in your life. If you're old enough and don't live in a bubble chances are you have made choices that could have turned out bad if fate decided to make it so. Doesn't make you a bad person it just proves your human.

I've previously mentioned that he should have displayed better judgment.

However, I'm not going to condemn him either. The way some are acting you'd think Goodson was doing a buck-twenty down 95 with a big spliff in his mouth, a bottle of jack in his right hand, firing a glock wildly out the window with his left, and while in a drug fueled rampage crashed into a school bus full of kids.

Meanwhile apparently the pot was not found on him, the gun was in a locked glove compartment, and Goodson was NOT driving. Hollow point btw are LEGAL in NJ but you have to follow and meet certain conditions generally they are used for shooting at the range and for hunting.
    Nobody is perfect. As you say lots pretty much everyone has done something that could be bad with a small twist of fate.

But hie put himself in a really bad situation. Hopefully he learns from it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Huh. This is weird. Who the he11's car was it? And Evans and Goodson are not old friends.

Fusco said the vehicle was not registered to either Goodson or Evans, whom Fusco said have only known one another for about three weeks. Evans' attorney, Joe Afflito, said he's also been told the car was not registered to Evans.
    http://www.pnj.com/usatoday/article/2347749

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    just not sure whoever they could dig up and bring in there would win the job outright.
    Honestly, not to sure myself. I certainly am speculating when I say, I think they want to allow Geno to sit and learn for a year and not throw him to the wolves. I am thinking the jets will have to sacrifice a draft pick to get a QB who could really help and not some scrub. I would think that QB will be one who has already played for MM and who will know the playbook coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Huh. This is weird. Who the he11's car was it? And Evans and Goodson are not old friends.

http://www.pnj.com/usatoday/article/2347749
    So it's a borrowed car, if stolen that would be in the charges. Maybe it belongs to the bride to be who now has to explain a gun and pot in her car

Garafolo, USA TODAY Sports

• Filed Under

The lawyer for New York Jets running back Mike Goodson told USA TODAY Sports his client will enter a plea of not guilty to charges of gun and drug possession on Wednesday stemming from an arrest on Friday.
    New Jersey-based attorney Tony Fusco said Goodson told him he was unaware there was a gun in "the front area of the SUV" that was discovered by police who searched the vehicle that was allegedly stopped in the left-center lane of Route 80 shortly after 3 a.m. Friday. Fusco also said Goodson told him the gun belonged to the driver, a man whom police identified as Garant Evans.
    Fusco said Goodson told him he did not have any drugs or paraphernalia on his person and did not know there were drugs in the car.
    "He was out partying. He was drunk, there's no question about that," Fusco said of Goodson, who was taken by ambulance to the hospital because of his level of intoxication. "But he wasn't driving, and the gun and drugs did not belong to him."
    Fusco said the vehicle was not registered to either Goodson or Evans, whom Fusco said have only known one another for about three weeks. Evans' attorney, Joe Afflito, said he's also been told the car was not registered to Evans.
    Asked if the gun was registered or belonged to Evans, Afflito said he didn't have any information on that issue. Afflito hasn't had a chance to speak to his client, who is still in custody, but had his bail reduced from $150,000 to $75,000 Tuesday.
    Evans has a prior conviction on drug charges.
    Goodson is facing five charges: drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of a loaded gun, unlawful possession of a handgun and possession of hollow-point bullets. The recent free-agent addition, who signed a three-year, $6.9 million contract, got a chance to plead his case to the Jets on Monday. He will now try to convince the courts and perhaps a jury.
    "We're trying to win games and do the right thing. Truth, justice and the American way. We live by it, we really do," Jets owner Woody Johnson told reporters upon arriving at the NFL spring meeting. "We have a strong credo, very proud people, very intelligent people that work in our building. We want to avoid the avoidable and I think we do a good job."

who f'ing cares anymore about this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I'm here because I enjoy myself. I really like this site. I know I'm not a good poster but I am trying to improve. I don't have much of a life really so I post on here.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for the input.

Meh. I'm just interested in what direction Idzik goes with this one (if he ends up having a choice).

Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    from what i read he was stopped on the middle of the highway drunk and high.

i'd prefer folks like this locked up prior to causing someone to crash into them or them causing a crash. defense attorneys obviously think differently.
    He wasn't the driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    This has got to be the most insanely idiotic statement I've ever seen. And from a lawyer, no less.
    You must not read your own posts, then. (Come to think of it, that's probably good policy). Like this one:

Yeah, I guess whenever someones offense doesn't harm anyone, we should forget about it, right?
    Sure - because that's what I said. What I said was - what he did was wrong. It wasn't evil. If you don't understand the moral difference between what Goodson did and, say, rape, assault, theft, or murder . . . well, you might be a redneck, I guess.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If the kid passed out in the passenger sat of a car ... And the gun/drugs weren't on him ... And the car wasn't his ... I'd think reasonable doubt could be shown

Just cut this clown already. Even if he had "no idea" there was a loaded firearm and narcotics in the car, he's getting **** faced drunk with a convicted felon at 3am. There is nothing good that will come out of that.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    who f'ing cares anymore about this guy?
    Shh.

It's, like, so much better than talking about Rex Ryan, John Idzik, Mark Sanchez, and Tim Tebow.

They might get enough mileage out of this one to last until August. Hollow points, drugs, so interesting, so very very interesting.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    Nobody is perfect. As you say lots pretty much everyone has done something that could be bad with a small twist of fate.

But hie put himself in a really bad situation. Hopefully he learns from it.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    He wasn't the driver.
    Fair point. But my position stands for the driver.

I am LMFAO right now!

See how the media sensationalizes stuff? They had Goodson as the bad guy here and were ready to crucify him! All the guy did was catch a ride home with somebody he met 3 weeks ago because he was too drunk to drive. isn't that what everyone tells you to do? Don't drive drunk, let someone else drive? WELL HE DID THAT! What's the problem here?

I really hate the media in this country. It's all tabloid all the time. They don't give a damn for accurate reporting all they care about is SALES!

I hope Goodson is a solid contributor for the Jets this year. The district attorney has absolutely nothing on this guy but public intoxication, which is like what... a $200 fine? NICE JOB SPORTS MEDIA! NOW GO BACK TO REPORTING ON LINDSAY LOHAN YOU CLOWNS!