Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Goodson Arrested

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Smoking weed has the same effect as drinking a few beers. Both are sedatives.

Cocaine and meth, now you're talking about the other end of the spectrum. I have never done nor ever would do either of these destructive substances. Smoking weed or drinking beer wasn't going to make you go out and want to kill someone or yourself. Once Cocaine was introduced to the American culture it destroyed all sanity and stability. It's a crap drug, and if you use it you deserve what you get.
    Coke was awesome until crack took over. It was never the same after that.

Today is Goodson's birthday. He's only 26 years old. How many of us went out and got drunk when we were 26? Tell you what, it's Friday... wait till about 10pm and go down to Port Jefferson by the ferry and tell me how many 26 year olds are down there stone drunk.

He's a young guy, he did what young guys sometimes do, he shouldn't lose his career because of it.
    You're supposed to think about the consequences BEFORE you do stupid sh!t.

In Goodson's case, there's a code of conduct detailed in his contract which he agreed to when he signed it.

Besides, getting cut by one team doesn't end one's career.

Today is Goodson's birthday. He's only 26 years old. How many of us went out and got drunk when we were 26? Tell you what, it's Friday... wait till about 10pm and go down to Port Jefferson by the ferry and tell me how many 26 year olds are down there stone drunk.

He's a young guy, he did what young guys sometimes do, he shouldn't lose his career because of it.
    pretty sure in my industry, a 26 year old getting charged with what he was charged with could cause him to lose his job.

also, sure he's 26. but he's got a 5 year window to make money. at 35 he's (generally) going to be making 1/20th of what he's making now.

the NFLPA needs to do a better job educating these guys.

I agree with this.

What's funny is that if he was pulled over for drunk driving everyone on this board would be saying "No one cares if you get drunk, just make sure not to drive." Well he wasn't driving and there is no indication that the gun is his.

If it was his gun, why would it be in his friends glove compartment? If he was sober, you could make the case that when the cops came he hid the gun, but he was in no condition at that point to hide the gun. I guess we won't know for sure until the legal process plays out.

Sounds like he should change his name to Mike Badson.

Veteran
    Today is Goodson's birthday. He's only 26 years old. How many of us went out and got drunk when we were 26?
    Did you have an NFL contract?

Tell you what, it's Friday... wait till about 10pm and go down to Port Jefferson by the ferry and tell me how many 26 year olds are down there stone drunk.
    How many of them have NFL contracts?

But look at who you're comparing Goodson to.

Maybe Goodson shouldn't have an NFL contract - is what you're saying - so he can party at Port Jefferson like the others.

Another way to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Actually, the way it looks, Goodson is such a nice guy he's a terrible liar.

That could be very important.
    Because courts are usually very concerned about whether or not the accused is a "nice guy."

This lawyer better step up his game if he wants to get Goodson out of the predicament he's in.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Because courts are usually very concerned about whether or not the accused is a "nice guy."

This lawyer better step up his game if he wants to get Goodson out of the predicament he's in.
    LOL! Plus, most judges accept when a person is ignorant of the law. Usually, jurists laugh off situations like Goodson's, allowing "the dear man" to go off on his merry way without inconveniencing him further.

Judges understand that Goodson "didn't mean any harm" and that now he more clearly grasps the legal implications regarding possession of hand guns, ammunition, and parking in the middle of an interstate highway in a vehicle reeking of drugs. That he'll "do better next time". Often, the judge will invite the person for a casual luncheon in chambers to explain the finer points of the law as well as general topics one might find on YouTube or Google.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    LOL! Plus, most judges accept when a person is ignorant of the law. Usually, jurists laugh off situations like Goodson's, allowing "the dear man" to go off on his merry way without inconveniencing him further.

Judges understand that Goodson "didn't mean any harm" and that now he more clearly grasps the legal implications regarding possession of hand guns, ammunition, and parking in the middle of an interstate highway in a vehicle reeking of drugs. That he'll "do better next time". Often, the judge will invite the person for a casual luncheon in chambers to explain the finer points of the law as well as general topics one might find on YouTube or Google.
    So you're saying there's a chance.....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Being a "nice guy" without a record will sure help if hes tried.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Being a "nice guy" without a record will sure help if hes tried.
    "Character Witness" http://legal-dictionary.thefreedicti...racter+witness

Just looked at Twitter and Dick said he's going to be at practice on Tuesday, per a source. Also mentioned that the Goodson's report was ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    So you're saying there's a chance.....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post

LOL!

FWIW, i do think if his record is impeccable, it will certainly help Michael, but without knowing the charges against him (are they known?), its hard to say how far a clean record would go.

Veteran

I agree.

And about the gun, the only place I heard it was inside the glovebox is on this forum.

None of the reports I've read had details other than the gun being in the front passenger area.

Getting intoxicated is not against the law unless it's in public, which Goodson is guilty of, as are 25 million other people gonna be by 12pm tonight. Goodson's soul mistake was letting someone drive him home that was an A-hole, but in the shape Goodson was in he probably couldn't tell if the other guy was drunk too.

They've got nothing on this player. He'll be charged with public intoxication, given a $500 fine, and the case will be closed.

Glad to see him in camp on tuesday and lets hope the running game is good this year.

I think we should hold on to this thread, because if Goodson turns out to be really good and puts up like 5 yards a carry this season I wanna see all the people in this thread who said he should be cut eat their words... LOL!

Really, I hope the guy puts up like 5.5 yards a carry and is part of an explosive Jets running game. That would be so funny if that happened! lol

Getting intoxicated is not against the law unless it's in public, which Goodson is guilty of, as are 25 million other people gonna be by 12pm tonight. Goodson's soul mistake was letting someone drive him home that was an A-hole, but in the shape Goodson was in he probably couldn't tell if the other guy was drunk too.

They've got nothing on this player. He'll be charged with public intoxication, given a $500 fine, and the case will be closed.

Glad to see him in camp on tuesday and lets hope the running game is good this year.
    What about the drugs in his pocket? Isn't that something on this player?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Witz View Post
    What about the drugs in his pocket? Isn't that something on this player?
    Do you know that for fact? As in, is he being charged with that?
    I havent heard many facts, and im sure as hell not about to scroll through this clusterfletch of a thread to find any.

Even if so, many posters here are of the mindset that Pot is not anything serious. Mr Goodell absolutely would differ.

These facts need to present themselves, and the man needs due process just like the rest of us are entitled to.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Do you know that for fact? As in, is he being charged with that?
    I havent heard many facts, and im sure as hell not about to scroll through this clusterfletch of a thread to find any.

Even if so, many posters here are of the mindset that Pot is not anything serious. Mr Goodell absolutely would differ.

These facts need to present themselves, and the man needs due process just like the rest of us are entitled to.
    Huh? The NFL lets far worse than reefer addicts get back on the field.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Huh? The NFL lets far worse than reefer addicts get back on the field.
    of course, but isnt there suspensions for substance abuse?

Is there only suspensions for multiple offenses?

Also, personally, i have no issue with reefer if its not being abused (like anything else)