Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast

Thread: Mike Goodson Arrested

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Did you guys forget, or not know this? Goodson was NOT driving!

He was a passenger.

Stupid to be out getting that shlthoused when you make that kind of money, but, really... Who here has never gotten drunk and passed out in a friend's car?

Anyone? (I probably won't even believe you if you deny it, unless your a 12 year old Tebowite)
    Somewhat guilty.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Lawyers are nothing more then overpaid legal secretaries.
    Let me guess you are a legal secretary? haha

My gf is one and she says that legal secrataries / paralegals, and most lawyers all do the same exact thing.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets88NY View Post
    Let me guess you are a legal secretary? haha

My gf is one and she says that legal secrataries / paralegals, and most lawyers all do the same exact thing.
    Funny but no.

And your girlfriend is exactly right.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking around for news on where this is at, looks like Prosecutor is playing hardball

<H1 itemprop="headline">Plea talks under way with Jets' Mike Goodson on gun, pot charges

Peggy Wright, USA TODAY Sports 2:56 p.m. EDT June 12, 2013

New York Jets running back Mike Goodson (23) cools himself off during NFL football practice in Florham Park, N.J., Thursday, May 30, 2013.(Photo: Rich Schultz, AP)

MORRISTOWN, N.J. -- Handgun and marijuana possession charges filed last month against New York Jets running back Michael Goodson and a friend will be presented to a Morris County grand jury but plea talks also will continue, a Morris County assistant prosecutor said Wednesday.
    Goodson, 25, and co-defendant Garant Evans, 31, of Roselle faced a throng of media when they appeared in Superior Court, Morristown, for a routine hearing called an early disposition conference and which lasted less than one minute for each man.
    County Assistant Prosecutor Peter Foy told Superior Court Judge Mary Gibbons Whipple that no plea offers have been extended to either defendant and the charges filed out of Denville on May 17 will be presented to a grand jury for possible indictment, the prelude to a trial. But Foy said talks toward resolving the charges are still under way.
    "I'll continue to speak with counsel about resolving this prior to grand jury," Foy said.
    After the hearing, Foy quipped "Good morning to everyone" when asked whether either defendant has claimed ownership of the gun, a .45-caliber Taurus Millennium.
    Goodson's co-counsel, Anthony Fusco, last week told USA Today Sports, which, like the Daily Record, is owned by Gannett, that discovery he has received in the case revealed that Evans, the driver of the car when both were arrested, claimed ownership of the weapon.
    In court Wednesday, Evans' lawyer Joseph Afflito said he could not comment. Afflito said that Foy sent a letter to the judge expressing displeasure that attorneys were publicly discussing the case with the media. The judge met privately with the lawyers before the quick hearing and cautioned them on giving statements about the charges to the press, Afflito said. Fusco was not in court; Goodson was represented by Fusco's associate Alfred V. Gellene.
    According to a probable cause affidavit prepared by a State Trooper, authorities were alerted around 3 a.m. on May 17 of a Chevrolet Yukon that was stopped in a center lane of Route 80 in Denville. The trooper said he approached the car to speak with Evans, the driver, and could smell alcohol and burnt marijuana emanating from the interior of the SUV and he allegedly spotted in plain view a metal marijuana grinder.
    The trooper saw Goodson in the passenger seat, in an incapacitated condition.
    "Goodson was incoherent, slobbering and had vomited all over himself as well as the interior of the vehicle," the affidavit said. He allegedly had marijuana in his pants pocket.
    A search of the SUV turned up a loaded, semiautomatic handgun that contained five full metal-jacket rounds and one Winchester hollow-point bullet, as well as more marijuana, including two partially smoked marijuana cigars and drug paraphernalia, the affidavit said.
    Fusco had provided to USA Today Sports a portion of the State Police report in which the trooper said that Evans "stated the gun was his but refused to answer questions regarding where it came from or where he acquired the gun."
    The handgun possession charge is a second-degree offense that carries punishment upon conviction of between five and 10 years in prison. The marijuana charges are disorderly persons offenses.
    Goodson, a running back from Spring, Texas, signed a three-year deal with the Jets this offseason.
    Wright reports for the (Morris County, N.J.) Daily Record, a Gannett property.

</H1>Conor Orr‏@ConorTOrr 19 Jun
    With Goodson grand jury, getting sense that it won't happen this summer. Could change, but September sounds about right/typical time. #nyj

11:29 AM - 19 Jun 13

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 19 Jun
    With Goodson grand jury, getting sense that it won't happen this summer. Could change, but September sounds about right/typical time. #nyj

1. Craig Hoffman ‏@craiglaurasam 19 Jun
      @ConorTOrr trial after the season if there is one?

2. Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 19 Jun
      @craiglaurasam: a lot of options here. Goal for them would obviously be to not to miss any games.

3. Craig Hoffman ‏@craiglaurasam 19 Jun
      @ConorTOrr the sooner the DA realizes that the man who admitted to owning the gun with the previous gun conviction owned the gun the better
      Details Expand Collapse

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Again, this all hangs on who the owner of the gun is. If the driver admitted to the arresting officers the weapon was his, why is the prosecutor even bring Goodson in front of a Grand Jury. This would be a total waste of time by all parties in this matter. The DA's office has one solid charge against Goodson possession for personal consumption As you read already that is a disorderly conduct charge usually settle by a fine and or community service. Add to that the punishment that will be handed down by the NFL and that is pretty stiff penalty already. I would think in this first offense case, one game suspension and forfeit of game check, as well as entry in to the league drug monitoring program.
    What I am thinking is the prosecutor may want Goodson to testify against his co-defendant, which is why that office is pursuing the issue. Speculation on my part, but I thinking Goodson is telling the DA he had no knowledge of the weapon in the SUV and they are not buying it. Just going to have to let it play out, what I am certain of is, the Jets legal staff have most of the facts to make a strong judgement call on which way this case will play out. If Goodson is in training camp, I expect he will settle on the lesser disorderly conduct charge and get this all behind him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Did you guys forget, or not know this? Goodson was NOT driving!

He was a passenger.

Stupid to be out getting that shlthoused when you make that kind of money, but, really... Who here has never gotten drunk and passed out in a friend's car?
    I don't remember every passing out in a friends car.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Maybe you were driving and don't remember after you hit the pole??

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This case now rests on DA with a weak case trying to find a way to get a plea deal done! He wants his conviction record to not take a "hit".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You may not remember Every passing out episode but......! Lol

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I was young and dumb a life time ago, I was hooking back up with a huge love in my life. I spent the night drinking and (sad to say) took a secondal (downer) the last thing I remembered was laying in bed and about to make love with this beautiful woman. The next thing I know ,I am waking up at my buddy's house the next morning wondering what the hell happen and how I got there. Needless to say I never again touch another pill for recreational use and vowed to never get that drunk again.
    Did I mention that at the time I was young and dumb.
    Btw, to this day that young lady and I are still friends some 40 years later.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    When I was young and dumb a life time ago, I was hooking back up with a huge love in my life. I spent the night drinking and (sad to say) took a secondal (downer) the last thing I remembered was laying in bed and about to make love with this beautiful woman. The next thing I know ,I am waking up at my buddy's house the next morning wondering what the hell happen and how I got there. Needless to say I never again touch another pill for recreational use and vowed to never get that drunk again.
    Did I mention that at the time I was young and dumb.
    Btw, to this day that young lady and I are still friends some 40 years later.
    Did she watch you f()ck your buddy?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't remember ever passing out. I do remember getting into a friends car, and waking up at home. Idk if that counts.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Looking around for news on where this is at, looks like Prosecutor is playing hardball

<H1 itemprop="headline">Plea talks under way with Jets' Mike Goodson on gun, pot charges

Peggy Wright, USA TODAY Sports 2:56 p.m. EDT June 12, 2013

New York Jets running back Mike Goodson (23) cools himself off during NFL football practice in Florham Park, N.J., Thursday, May 30, 2013.(Photo: Rich Schultz, AP)

MORRISTOWN, N.J. -- Handgun and marijuana possession charges filed last month against New York Jets running back Michael Goodson and a friend will be presented to a Morris County grand jury but plea talks also will continue, a Morris County assistant prosecutor said Wednesday.
    Goodson, 25, and co-defendant Garant Evans, 31, of Roselle faced a throng of media when they appeared in Superior Court, Morristown, for a routine hearing called an early disposition conference and which lasted less than one minute for each man.
    County Assistant Prosecutor Peter Foy told Superior Court Judge Mary Gibbons Whipple that no plea offers have been extended to either defendant and the charges filed out of Denville on May 17 will be presented to a grand jury for possible indictment, the prelude to a trial. But Foy said talks toward resolving the charges are still under way.
    "I'll continue to speak with counsel about resolving this prior to grand jury," Foy said.
    After the hearing, Foy quipped "Good morning to everyone" when asked whether either defendant has claimed ownership of the gun, a .45-caliber Taurus Millennium.
    Goodson's co-counsel, Anthony Fusco, last week told USA Today Sports, which, like the Daily Record, is owned by Gannett, that discovery he has received in the case revealed that Evans, the driver of the car when both were arrested, claimed ownership of the weapon.
    In court Wednesday, Evans' lawyer Joseph Afflito said he could not comment. Afflito said that Foy sent a letter to the judge expressing displeasure that attorneys were publicly discussing the case with the media. The judge met privately with the lawyers before the quick hearing and cautioned them on giving statements about the charges to the press, Afflito said. Fusco was not in court; Goodson was represented by Fusco's associate Alfred V. Gellene.
    According to a probable cause affidavit prepared by a State Trooper, authorities were alerted around 3 a.m. on May 17 of a Chevrolet Yukon that was stopped in a center lane of Route 80 in Denville. The trooper said he approached the car to speak with Evans, the driver, and could smell alcohol and burnt marijuana emanating from the interior of the SUV and he allegedly spotted in plain view a metal marijuana grinder.
    The trooper saw Goodson in the passenger seat, in an incapacitated condition.
    "Goodson was incoherent, slobbering and had vomited all over himself as well as the interior of the vehicle," the affidavit said. He allegedly had marijuana in his pants pocket.
    A search of the SUV turned up a loaded, semiautomatic handgun that contained five full metal-jacket rounds and one Winchester hollow-point bullet, as well as more marijuana, including two partially smoked marijuana cigars and drug paraphernalia, the affidavit said.
    Fusco had provided to USA Today Sports a portion of the State Police report in which the trooper said that Evans "stated the gun was his but refused to answer questions regarding where it came from or where he acquired the gun."
    The handgun possession charge is a second-degree offense that carries punishment upon conviction of between five and 10 years in prison. The marijuana charges are disorderly persons offenses.
    Goodson, a running back from Spring, Texas, signed a three-year deal with the Jets this offseason.
    Wright reports for the (Morris County, N.J.) Daily Record, a Gannett property.
    Nothing new here.

Despite what some here would have you think, Goodson will not get convicted of any gun charges - whether it goes to the grand jury or not.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Nothing new here.

Despite what some here would have you think, Goodson will not get convicted of any gun charges - whether it goes to the grand jury or not.
    What do the Jets do if he takes a plea? It is a tricky situation for Idzik b.c this was one of his first acquisitions.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You shoulda hung out with us, we would have left you on your doorstep, rang the doorbell and raced off

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Did she watch you f()ck your buddy?
    Really, is that the best you could do from my story, lol. Anyway he was a great friend, hell of a wing man as well, passed many years ago way too early. BTW, nailed the young lady three days later and we lived together (in sin) for our four years of college.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    What do the Jets do if he takes a plea? It is a tricky situation for Idzik b.c this was one of his first acquisitions.
    I think it depends on the plea, if he pleas to the disorderly conduct ( possession) then there should not be any issues other then what I mention earlier, lost of one game check,NFL drug program.
    I cannot see any decent lawyer letting him plea to any other charge. He was not driving and co-defendant has already admitted to ownership of the weapon to the arresting officers.
    So unless the DA has unseen evidence or proof that he had knowledge of the weapon in the car or it was actually Goodson, it's a non-issue.
    It could be argued that co-defendant was acting as a bodyguard, if Goodson did know about the weapon, and assumed the co-defendant was licensed to have the weapon. Yet again, other then a witness seeing Goodson handle the weapon at some point during the night, it's a matter he said/he said
    Which is why I question the DA wasting the courts time with this and not resolving it quickly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    You shoulda hung out with us, we would have left you on your doorstep, rang the doorbell and raced off
    Would there have been a burning bag of dog poo next to the body??

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Would there have been a burning bag of dog poo next to the body??
    Haha, no it wasnt a prank, it was a way of handing over a drunkard, passed out buddy to his parents without getting snagged

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Haha, no it wasnt a prank, it was a way of handing over a drunkard, passed out buddy to his parents without getting snagged
    Well you could put him in a shopping cart like that underage chick in animal house..