Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Goodson Arrested

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    I get the frustration, but how can the jets control what these guys do outside of the building? The guy has no prior history to my knowledge.
    that's just SAR leveraging today's circus report. Can't say I blame him. But it is highly possible that Idzik vetted Goodson and it showed nothing bad. Or maybe he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    +1. The perverse joy that SAR gets out of this is borderline sociopathic.
    If you look at this franchise objectively, the kind of mess we always find ourselves into is truly funny. I mean, how can you not laugh?

Mike Goodson is a devastating loss because he was going to be our pass catching back, we're at square one now.

SAR I

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Why is this guy driving around with almost 50 grams? Wasted, with a Gun loaded with Hollow Points. Nonody saw nothing wrong with this smh

NY RB Mike Goodson charged with possession of marijuana under 50 grams, possession of drug paraphanalia, unlawful possession of loaded gun.

It doesn't mean he had almost 50. He could've had only 1gram. The charge is the same if you have less than 1 gram or 49 grams.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

OJ might be getting out soon. Give him a look?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    If the car is in fact registered to his buddy and the gun is shown to belong to him, we have Goodson possessing marijuana and showing poor judgment in choosing who he hangs out with (and gets into a car drunk with).

Not a good scenario but potentially salvageable. If it turns out that the gun is his, its buh-bye Goodson, we hardly knew yee.
    Agree

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Wtf? When are these dumb players going to realize your not in Texas you can't carry a loaded handgun around.. If your so scared of getting robbed, ect you shouldn't have the balls to be playing in the nfl.. Or just stay home and play with your gun dummy
    And you can get as drunk as you want at home and no one will ever know about it.

Why is this guy driving around with almost 50 grams? Wasted, with a Gun loaded with Hollow Points. Nonody saw nothing wrong with this smh

NY RB Mike Goodson charged with possession of marijuana under 50 grams, possession of drug paraphanalia, unlawful possession of loaded gun.
    THUG LIFE.

Doesn't Steve Yarnell's team do background checks on these guys before they get signed?

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Are you mentally challenged? The Jets only drafted GEno because he fell. You make it seem as if we drafted him and then his stock fell afterwards. Are you going go to go cry to the mods again? If you are that sensitive maybe you should stop posting nonsense.
    That one is a pretty dumb.

All Pro
    Why am i so offended by this?
    Feels like a family member got arrested.

This is absolutely horrible. Goodson was at the top of my short list of good signings and now this?

There is absolutely no way this could minutely be deciphered as anything other than a disaster.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 4m
    Quick research shows NJ law for possession of a handgun is a 3rd degree offense and carries a 3-5 year sentence if convicted.

Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN 9s
    The driver's name was Garant Evans. Had prior felony conviction.

You think with his profile he could get some chick to nail at 3:15 am instead of drivin round with his home boys actin the bad man.

Words fail me with these guys sometimes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Sucks but he has to be cut just for being in the car and putting himself in this position.

Ivory has a chance at a monster season if he can stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 4m
    Quick research shows NJ law for possession of a handgun is a 3rd degree offense and carries a 3-5 year sentence if convicted.

Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN 9s
    The driver's name was Garant Evans. Had prior felony conviction.
    Yeah, the pot Im not even all that concerned about.... its when he's associating with prior felons, who are carrying, and have hollow point bullets, at 3:15 AM, that's when things tend to go real bad...

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    If you look at this franchise objectively, the kind of mess we always find ourselves into is truly funny. I mean, how can you not laugh?

Mike Goodson is a devastating loss because he was going to be our pass catching back, we're at square one now.

SAR I
    Great more excuses for Sanchez " he lost his recieving rb" ha lets use that one when mark picks up where he left off last yr

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Only a troll gets so happy of news like this and goes on a post tear .. And geno pick was great, not to you because he's going to take your boy's starting Job very soon..
    The team was headed to 4-12 and now we're looking at 3-13.

We need to get our laughs now because its going to be a morgue from August to January.

I get no joy out of this. But it's funny, you can't deny the futility.

SAR I

All League
    I seriously question what the hell goes through the head of some of these guys. You are an NFL running back, make millions of dollars, and decide to risk it all riding around with a gun and smokin weed??? While SEVERELY intoxicated.

Jeez this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and they just blow it all away. Was really looking forward to seeing Goodson play for us. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I agree... there has to be responsibility taken and accepted with the new regime. As much as I was looking forward to seeing him in a Jets uniform there is no room for idiots on this team anymore.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    Despite the weight loss, Rex occupies a a vast amount of space in the Florham Park idiot room. Not much room in there left for other idiots.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    If the car is in fact registered to his buddy and the gun is shown to belong to him, we have Goodson possessing marijuana and showing poor judgment in choosing who he hangs out with (and gets into a car drunk with).

Not a good scenario but potentially salvageable. If it turns out that the gun is his, its buh-bye Goodson, we hardly knew yee.
    Not necessarily, it depends on where the gun was found. If the gun was out in plain sight, and it is reasonable Goodson knew the gun was there in the car, then both can be charged with possession. NJ has strict laws regarding how fire arms can be transported, and if the gun was out in plain sight and the bullets were near by then yes Goodson can be charged even if the owner claims it is his gun.

All Pro
    Goodson was the passenger in the car. The driver was charged with DUI and also possession of a handgun with a prior.

Police spokesman also said hollow-point bullets were with the gun in the car.

This is good news
    Not sure how any of this is good news but I am wondering as to whether his participation is more like Wayne Brady's or more like Dave Chappelle's.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bONBlJNt0I0

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The team was headed to 4-12 and now we're looking at 3-13.

We need to get our laughs now because its going to be a morgue from August to January.

I get no joy out of this. But it's funny, you can't deny the futility.

SAR I
    I dont think you can name one team that has not had a player arrested in the last five years. The difference is in how its handled. We shall see. If they eat the 2 mill signing bonus and say goodbye, that sends a clear message that Idzick is not f'ing around. Goodson was by no means saving our backfield by the way.