Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Goodson Arrested

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The team was headed to 4-12 and now we're looking at 3-13.

We need to get our laughs now because its going to be a morgue from August to January.

I get no joy out of this. But it's funny, you can't deny the futility.

SAR I
    Now you can add to your 38,000+ posts.

Bye Bye Gooodson! You were a tremendouse Jet!

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Not necessarily, it depends on where the gun was found. If the gun was out in plain sight, and it is reasonable Goodson knew the gun was there in the car, then both can be charged with possession. NJ has strict laws regarding how fire arms can be transported, and if the gun was out in plain sight and the bullets were near by then yes Goodson can be charged even if the owner claims it is his gun.
    We are all just splitting hairs over the semantics of what happend.

At the end of the day he has to be cut for puttin himself in that position, and as a clear directive that these characters won't be tolerated.

Idzik must make a stand or open the flood gates for more of the same.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I agree... there has to be responsibility taken and accepted with the new regime. As much as I was looking forward to seeing him in a Jets uniform there is no room for idiots on this team anymore.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    ahem - I seen you too drunk to move at that age.

Bewildered Beast
    If you look at this franchise objectively, the kind of mess we always find ourselves into is truly funny. I mean, how can you not laugh?

Mike Goodson is a devastating loss because he was going to be our pass catching back, we're at square one now.

SAR I
    If you can play, you can stay.

this is pathetic. was really pumped about goodson. SAR, chill out, you can't put this on idzik.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGnW View Post
    I seriously question what the hell goes through the head of some of these guys. You are an NFL running back, make millions of dollars, and decide to risk it all riding around with a gun and smokin weed??? While SEVERELY intoxicated.

Jeez this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and they just blow it all away. Was really looking forward to seeing Goodson play for us. What a shame.
    Why do we take for granted these dudes are smart or have good judgemental and critical thinking skills? In my younger days of being an athlete, and playing for an academically elite HS, I vehemently hated the "dumb jock" stereotype. But the more and more you play, and the more and more you have new teammates, the more and more you realize where the "dumb jock" stereotype comes from.

All Pro
    It could have been worse, if Ivory was driving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AFf0ysgNiM

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    ahem - I seen you too drunk to move at that age.
    Lol

No gun though

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    this is pathetic. was really pumped about goodson. SAR, chill out, you can't put this on idzik.
    Why not exactly? You have to admit, on 2/3 guys he listed, the due diligence was pretty flaky.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    I dont think you can name one team that has not had a player arrested in the last five years. The difference is in how its handled. We shall see. If they eat the 2 mill signing bonus and say goodbye, that sends a clear message that Idzick is not f'ing around. Goodson was by no means saving our backfield by the way.
    Goodson only got a 1 million dollar signing bonus, he can be cut right now and save 333K against the cap and have 1 million in dead money. His salary wasnt guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    We are all just splitting hairs over the semantics of what happend.

At the end of the day he has to be cut for puttin himself in that position, and as a clear directive that these characters won't be tolerated.

Idzik must make a stand or open the flood gates for more of the same.
    If he was the passenger in the car and the gun wasnt his he will absolutely not be cut.

What would the grounds for cutting him be - having bad/dumb friends?

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Goodson only got a 1 million dollar signing bonus, he can be cut right now and save 333K against the cap and have 1 million in dead money. His salary wasnt guaranteed.
    Even better.

Hall Of Fame
    SOJ.

Is there any doubt?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    If he was the passenger in the car and the gun wasnt his he will absolutely not be cut.

Associating with known felons could be a reason. Bad investment if the player winds up getting shot mid-season.

All League
    Idzik. Let's recap:

Signs David Garrard. Retires due to known knee issues.

Drafts Geno Smith. Fell like a rock out of the first round.

Signs Mike Goodson. Going to the slammer for two years on drug, weapons, and DUI charges.

The Circus what? Not Clowns anymore what?

SAR I
    lol.... and the beat goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

That friend is an ex-con and he's riding around with him in a 4-wheeled bong in the wee hours of the morning. While my pitchfork isn't out yet in the effort to yell "cut him," you don't think the situation he put himself in raises a red flag or 2?

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    Why not exactly? You have to admit, on 2/3 guys he listed, the due diligence was pretty flaky.
    How do you know he failed to do due diligence? Maybe Goodson had nothing bad to indicate this? You're making a humongous assumption.

Hall Of Fame
    At least it wasn't an assault weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    Goodson was supposed to be a pretty important part of our offense. Even worse now McKnight is probably staying. This blows.. I don't know why you seem so happy?
    The AGENDA driven troll gets so happy because this isn't about the Jets. This is about HIM. He wants to be proven right no matter what the cost. Its a sign of a person with low self esteem. Probably picked on in school.