Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Goodson Arrested

At least it wasn't Ivory.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Very true. I was actually more optimistic about Goodson than Ivory in this offense.
    His style fits it better, maybe Woody can pull some strings.

Thank God Mangini is not still here drafting choir boys!

Would have rather it be Powell.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I'm not putting this on Idzik.

But now we get to see how he wheels and deals because we can't go into another season without a receiving RB.

In 29 games in '10 and '11 Ladanian Tomlinson had 94 receptions for 817 yards and 31 first downs.

In 32 games in '11 and '12 Shonn Greene had 49 receptions for 362 yards and 9 first downs.

For an offense admittedly challenged at WR, TE, QB, and RB, not having a backfield receiving threat was a huge blow, Goodson was supposed to be that guy, we need to find another now.

The WCO needs a pass catching RB. Just to show up and have a chance to score points we need someone not named McKnight. If Idzik doesn't fix this and we go to Cortland without a Goodson replacement, then it's time to blame Idzik.

SAR I
    Hey SAR... shhhhh... don't say that so loud. Apparently when you make valid points that aren't couched in absolute optimism around here, the Green & White knights come out and try to silence you. And you're apparently some type of Darth Vader like entity who can convert people to bitter fans with simple keystrokes.

Doesn't make much sense to me neither

All Pro
    You know what I want for those tickets.

SAR I
    Weird sales shpiel.

All Pro

SAR I
    Really?

Liar.
    Idzik. Let's recap:

Signs David Garrard. Retires due to known knee issues.

Drafts Geno Smith. Fell like a rock out of the first round.

Signs Mike Goodson. Going to the slammer for two years on drug, weapons, and DUI charges.

The Circus what? Not Clowns anymore what?

SAR I
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 05-17-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    So you're proud that you come at someone disrespectfully because they don't share the same opinion as you and you're not intelligent enough to articulate your disagreement? And now you decide to put even more words in my mouth cause ANYONE who's read my posts know I'm no fan of Sanchez. Man you can't be this dumb.

All that tells me is I'm wasting my time with your dumb-@ss. Keep it moving and stay away from me, d1ck-head.
    now your sounding like Sar but just talking more jazz

And I didn't put words in your mouth you actually said :

And if you consider Herm a buffoon (and for the record I'm no Herm fan) do you feel the same for Rex? Herm has 3 playoff appearances with the Jets and a division title. Rex has 2 appearances and 0 titles of any kind (unless you're on of those guys who celebrates AFCCG LOSSES).

Maybe I was a little too harsh in calling you out, Sorry kid.. But I don't think Im alone in thinking its crazy to think herm's 9-7 season 3way tie fo division with 1 and done in playoffs is more of a accomplished than rex's 2 AFCCG appearances.. And Im not satisfied with that, we need a better qb to get past that..

and I would never tell a Jet fan to GFY, unless you aren't a real Jet fan, and in that case GFY

But now we get to see how he wheels and deals because we can't go into another season without a receiving RB.

In 29 games in '10 and '11 Ladanian Tomlinson had 94 receptions for 817 yards and 31 first downs.

In 32 games in '11 and '12 Shonn Greene had 49 receptions for 362 yards and 9 first downs.

For an offense admittedly challenged at WR, TE, QB, and RB, not having a backfield receiving threat was a huge blow, Goodson was supposed to be that guy, we need to find another now.

The WCO needs a pass catching RB. Just to show up and have a chance to score points we need someone not named McKnight. If Idzik doesn't fix this and we go to Cortland without a Goodson replacement, then it's time to blame Idzik.

SAR I
    Cut Goodson. Sign Peyton Hillis. He caught 61 balls in 2010. I don't think he's durable enough to be a full-time back ever again but he wouldn't have to be. Jets would only use Hillis as a part-time back who could pass block and catch in the flats. Plus he can even be used at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Really?

Liar.
    LMAO, well played! SAR the clown of he Landing Strip

Jets Insider VIP

SAR I
    I do not share your view of McKnight at this point. Have you ever heard of INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty. You have Goodson convicted and in prison. Lets wait and see what the investigation reveals.
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 05-17-2013 at 01:40 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    hey, at least there weren't hookers. so there's a positive.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    now your sounding like Sar but just talking more jazz

And I didn't put words in your mouth you actually said :

And if you consider Herm a buffoon (and for the record I'm no Herm fan) do you feel the same for Rex? Herm has 3 playoff appearances with the Jets and a division title. Rex has 2 appearances and 0 titles of any kind (unless you're on of those guys who celebrates AFCCG LOSSES).

Maybe I was a little too harsh in calling you out, Sorry kid.. But I don't think Im alone in thinking its crazy to think herm's 9-7 season 3way tie fo division with 1 and done in playoffs is more of a accomplished than rex's 2 AFCCG appearances.. And Im not satisfied with that, we need a better qb to get past that..

and I would never tell a Jet fan to GFY, unless you aren't a real Jet fan, and in that case GFY
    I don't give 2 s***s about Rex, Herm, their records or whatever. I'm open for debate, so if you want to debate my points, don't come at me on some big-boy "you can't make a valid argument around here after saying this" s**t. If I disagree with someone, it's done respectfully and not in a way to belittle anyone. I don't know you, and you don't know me. Why would I want to debate football with you after you coming at me like an @ss?

Is it that hard for you to address someone you don't know in a respectful manner? And you're still coming out your face when you keep referring to me as "kid" like you're better than somebody, you think I haven't noticed that? Sorry you weren't taught manners and decorum, I don't care if this is a macho football forum, you and I aren't on that level so keep it respectful and we'd have had a nice productive debate. I don't care who you're a fan of and if we share that in common, you and I don't have that kind of rapport.

Is it that hard for you to comprehend, or you gonna try to flex those 'net muscles again to save your pride?

SAR I
    good points however i disagree with the bolded above. I don't think you're going to find a free agent explosive 3rd down back like goodson this late in the game (unless we trade for one which I would generally be against). we probably have no choice but to go to training camp without one and monitor who gets cut from other teams. we may be back to hoping joe mcknight makes something of himself (not holding my breathe).

Jets Insider VIP

SAR I
    Hold on here. Prove to me that you know anything about Mike Goodson being a good pass receiver. The guy had less catches last year then Powell.

Mike Goodson is not any more of a pass catching running back then Bilel Powell is.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    @Steiny31 Breaking: According to News 12 in New Jersey, #Jets RB Mike Goodson was arrested for drug/weapons possession last night. #nyj

Goodson was apparently so drunk, per News 12, that an ambulance was called and he had to be rushed to the hospital. #nyj

Link to news article

http://newjersey.news12.com/news/jet...?firstfree=yes
    Friggin idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I do not share your view of McKnight at this point. Have you ever heard of INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty. You have Goodson convicted and in prison. Lets wait and see what the investigation reveals.
    Jets would be smart to wash their hands of Goodson immediately. They'd have $1 mil in dead cap room but they would be saving $333K and that along with cap room they already have they could sign a guy like Peyton Hillis who is basically the same thing as Mike Goodson for a 1 yr incentive laden deal.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    If the car is in fact registered to his buddy and the gun is shown to belong to him, we have Goodson possessing marijuana and showing poor judgment in choosing who he hangs out with (and gets into a car drunk with).

Not a good scenario but potentially salvageable. If it turns out that the gun is his, its buh-bye Goodson, we hardly knew yee.
    I have no idea about NJ law, but.....most states have a constructive possession doctrine, meaning if they can prove that Goodson was in the car and was aware that the gun was there and that the gun was within is ability to possess, he can still be charged with possession regardless of who owned the gun.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    they could sign a guy like Peyton Hillis who is basically the same thing as Mike Goodson for a 1 yr incentive laden deal.
    wow.

Peyton Hillis and Mike Goodson's games could not be any more different. And sure, Hillis has the name recognition, but the guy has slowed down - Jason, over at nyjetscap, broke down the 2012 stats and had Hillis as among the worst RBs in the nfl last year- even less productive than Greene.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    sign a guy like Peyton Hillis who is basically the same thing as Mike Goodson for a 1 yr incentive laden deal.
    He's only like 27yrs old...not a bad idea.

But I'm a big fan of innocent until proven guilty. Otu of all 5 IF all Goodson gets is drug possession, I believe that's a misdemeanor right?

IDK a lot can be said about his character now....