Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Goodson Arrested

Breaking news *****************

Bill Belichick was driving the SUV but Robert Kraft bribed the police to let him off. As Belichick was leaving the police station, he could be heard shouting "Ground and Pound that Rex"

Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    You can take a Raider out of Oakland, but you can't take Oakland out of a Raider? What do they have, a thug school out there?
    Great question. Maybe they hold training camp up at San Quentin.

Unbelievable.

Practice Squad
    I didn't think this much bad was possible for this team. I mean, I've been a fan for 15years... and the media is way out of control. No matter what we do, or how we do it, the Jets will never be taken seriously again unless we start winning games.

I'm buying a lottery ticket. 500mil will make me feel better about my team being a joke to everyone. Don't the players and coaches care?...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Cablebob View Post
    I didn't think this much bad was possible for this team. I mean, I've been a fan for 15years... and the media is way out of control. No matter what we do, or how we do it, the Jets will never be taken seriously again unless we start winning games.

I'm buying a lottery ticket. 500mil will make me feel better about my team being a joke to everyone. Don't the players and coaches care?...
    Generally speaking, fans care a lot more than the players. Just the sad reality of it.

I don't think this is an indictment on the team, I am pleased thus far at the changes and direction we are heading.

Same has happened with Titus young, McLain etc, and I don't think the players actions is always a fair reflection of the management of a team, the timing however does not help us.

Here is my take on this and this would apply to everyone who has or ever will be arrested.
    You let the process play out, often times what appears clear proof turns out to be nothing but speculation.
    Allow the situation to be properly investigated and the true facts to be brought forth. The one sure fact that is undeniable at this point is , this kid is a dumb ass to put himself into this jackpot, no pin intended. Yet face it, who at his age has not done stupid crap and not gotten caught.
    No doubt that if the majority of the felonies charges are proven enough to take to trial, then the matter will be taken out of the Jets hands by the state of NJ.
    One thing this young man has going in his favor is his clean record. People talk about the Jets doing due diligence, well this kid was squeaky clean, with no indication of this type of behavior.
    So before anyone plays judge, jury and executioner, make sure you have all the facts and allow the legal process to go forward.

People are going to yearn to make the circus connection. Unfortunately for them there is no physical evidence to that effect. So if they just cut him, it means absolutely nothing.

SAR for example, feels guilty for not spending more time with his family because he became so enamored with the Jets that he know loves to hate them and hates to love them.

Of course the Pats had a player get jail time and nobody mentioned it.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    I don't think this is an indictment on the team, I am pleased thus far at the changes and direction we are heading.

Same has happened with Titus young, McLain etc, and I don't think the players actions is always a fair reflection of the management of a team, the timing however does not help us.
    This is where you are wrong...The Jets need to stay OUT of the headlines. Anything in the headlines will be a distraction to the team and reflect badly on them. If Goodson is cut, they will talk about how much we needed him. If he stays they will call him a poison to the locker room.

I'm not saying I agree, I'm just saying that the Jets need to focus on football. Distractions of any kind just feel the trolls and can't help.

Overall I agree with you though.

This is where you are wrong...The Jets need to stay OUT of the headlines. Anything in the headlines will be a distraction to the team and reflect badly on them. If Goodson is cut, they will talk about how much we needed him. If he stays they will call him a poison to the locker room.

I'm not saying I agree, I'm just saying that the Jets need to focus on football. Distractions of any kind just feel the trolls and can't help.

Quite frankly, that is total bull****. Mike Goodson was a backup RB in Oakland so we desperately need him.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Quite frankly, that is total bull****. Mike Goodson was a backup RB in Oakland so we desperately need him.
    IKR. But the media will spin it. Like a poster above said. They yearn for the Circus connection. It's played out. I'm sick of it. Just venting I guess.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    You can take a Raider out of Oakland, but you can't take Oakland out of a Raider? What do they have, a thug school out there?
    ============================================

All League
    in my opinion its still pretty early in training camp so the sooner we cut the guy the better. the nfl is a passing league now so running backs should be around for a dime a dozen.

another reason players should pay the extra cash for private limo services....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    in my opinion its still pretty early in training camp so the sooner we cut the guy the better. the nfl is a passing league now so running backs should be around for a dime a dozen.

another reason players should pay the extra cash for private limo services....
    They don't have to pay, the team provides it as a free, anonymous service.

All Pro
    in the new nfl, goodson stays if evans is his "personal assistant"

I totally disagree, how can the jets control this Goodson situation? They took a shot on a FA who had had no previous off the field issues and he made a big time mistake.

The jets will always be in the media for better or worse, that's just a fact of where they play and the media they cater too.

Idzik has changed our culture and for the most part we have been pretty quiet, but to call them out for a players mistake and accuse them of creating negative media attention is unfair.

I agree with part of what your getting at, just not on this Goodson issue.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    I totally disagree, how can the jets control this Goodson situation? They took a shot on a FA who had had no previous off the field issues and he made a big time mistake.

The jets will always be in the media for better or worse, that's just a fact of where they play and the media they cater too.

Idzik has changed our culture and for the most part we have been pretty quiet, but to call them out for a players mistake and accuse them of creating negative media attention is unfair.

I agree with part of what your getting at, just not on this Goodson issue.
    I guess we will see how the FO handles it. That will be the determining factor in how big of a deal it ends up being.

Banned
    Cut this a$$hole. No tolerance for this sh!t....

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Please do not make personal attacks. As lame and misguided as some posters opinions are, that's no excuse for personal attacks.

Thank you.

lol
    reports are passed out in the middle of the road with a hand gun loaded with hollow points by his side. Probably just tired from deer hunting lol