Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Goodson Arrested

Another brilliant signing by Idzik!
    Garrard and Goodson. Our only 2 additions this offseason have turned out great huh..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    Garrard and Goodson. Our only 2 additions this offseason have turned out great huh..
    Another brilliant and knowledgeable post by you...duh

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Johnson's situation was far different from Goodson's, there is still a lot that is unknown, and really, the only real issue is the gun charge, but from most reports, it wasn't his, and he wasn't the driver. In Johnson's case, he was clearly the culprit and admitted it. He was also a vet trying to make the team, Goodson was supposed to be amain cog at RB.

Far different.

We need the legal facts, and we need to know what the charges will be.
    I do not recall seeing this anywhere. Frankly if it is true then that would be a big relief but do you have any links to any of these "reports"?

All Pro
    Yeah, no way we recover.

All League
    Goodson had no record before. It was a good signing. Who knew this would happen.

Garrard situation played out perfectly for the Jets in hindsight. They had a veteran QB on the roster during the Draft, which may have helped in landing GenoJet in the second round without having to trade up.

Has anyone pointed out just how dumb a move this was by Goodson? I don't feel like going through 30 or so pages of posts to find the general consensus here, but could it possibly be understated just how dumb Goodson must be?

He's a professional athlete that could make millions if he just keeps his nose clean and stays out of trouble. So what does he do? He gets caught with drugs and weapons in a vehicle he is in? To my knowledge doesn't that make drug possession far worse when you get caught with weapons also? Like felony worse?

He just signed with the NYJ and it is obvious to me that he doesn't care about playing for the NYJ. It's the highest point of stupidity, arrogance and just wanting to be paid.

I don't know what Idzik will do in this case, but I would hope he cuts ties immediately. Fire the stupid A$$.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Has anyone pointed out just how dumb a move this was by Goodson? I don't feel like going through 30 or so pages of posts to find the general consensus here, but could it possibly be understated just how dumb Goodson must be?
    Nope. You're the very first one.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 05-21-2013 at 08:35 AM.

He's a professional athlete that could make millions if he just keeps his nose clean and stays out of trouble. So what does he do? He gets caught with drugs and weapons in a vehicle he is in? To my knowledge doesn't that make drug possession far worse when you get caught with weapons also? Like felony worse?

He just signed with the NYJ and it is obvious to me that he doesn't care about playing for the NYJ. It's the highest point of stupidity, arrogance and just wanting to be paid.

I don't know what Idzik will do in this case, but I would hope he cuts ties immediately. Fire the stupid A$$.
    According to reports Goodson was drunk out of his mind and the truck driver called police because he observed Goodson. For all we know he went to the bar with some friends got blasted was offered a ride and had a little marijuana with him but had no clue his friend had a gun in his car.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Does somebody really need to point out how dumb Goodson's behavior and act was? Isn't this assumed?

We've all done dumb things, but I don't think anybody is intimating that what he did wasn't dumb.

Has anyone pointed out just how dumb a move this was by Goodson? I don't feel like going through 30 or so pages of posts.....
    Too busy at your Mensa meeting?

I'll help you out...

Most posters are saying it was a pretty good move my Goodson. Increases his street cred. Amd he won't be pegged as a cornball brother.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post

I'll help you out...

Most posters are saying it was a pretty good move my Goodson. Increases his street cred. And he won't be pegged as a cornball brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    That's funny.

I'll help you out...

Most posters are saying it was a pretty good move my Goodson. Increases his street cred. Amd he won't be pegged as a cornball brother.
    ALOL

Post of the year material right there

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    For all we know he went to the bar with some friends got blasted was offered a ride and had a little marijuana with him but had no clue his friend had a gun in his car.
    I never understand these "for all we know" posts. Pure speculation that generally paints a rosy picture. (Except in the case of Holmes and his cadaver leg)

For all we know, he was huffing Gorilla Glue, drank a liter of Goldschläger and Mountain Dew, and stopped at home and grabbed the first piece off the top of his weapons and explosives stash, a fully automatic Uzi with the serial numbers filed off, and headed down Rte. 80 to take out all the 7-11s in Paterson.

Then he decided to take a nap.

According to reports Goodson was drunk out of his mind and the truck driver called police because he observed Goodson. For all we know he went to the bar with some friends got blasted was offered a ride and had a little marijuana with him but had no clue his friend had a gun in his car.
    and this is the best case scenario, sadly.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Sh1t you are stupid. Really, give it up already.
    It took you all day/night to come up with that retort?

When you can't follow a single point in a discussion, call the other person "stupid" and tell him to "give it up" when you already lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Why do you always need to respond with sarcasm for everything when it comes to your dear NYJ's?

By my way of thinking, didn't he already go through rookie symposiums where he was told with no uncertain terms that he needs to keep his nose clean?That he'll have the world by the short and curlies if he just follows some simple rules that the vast majority of americans follow to a "T" everyday?

Because if he was in fact briefed along those lines, maybe he does need to be thrown under the bus? Maybe that might actually get it through his thick skull that what he did was just piss in his own punch bowl?

I want to be a fan of my team and not specifically defending some guy who royally F*cks up. I want my team to win the right way meanwhile keeping a good image for the team in the public light.

Maybe you choose to follow some sort of mantra of wanting to defend individual players like they are your relatives, but don't make it mine.

I'll help you out...

Yeah, whatever, DEMOCRAT

Ignorance is no excuse, Magnus. It would not lessen the severity of the offense in any way.