Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Goodson Arrested

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    How messed up were these guys that they passed out in a traffic lane on 80? You gotta be a special sort of moron to do that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    How messed up were these guys that they passed out in a traffic lane on 80? You gotta be a special sort of moron to do that.
    This, and I still can't fathom why professional athletes are carrying around loaded weapons, or weapons at all. You make MILLIONS of dollars - you can either A. Bring along a friend who likes to carry, B. Hire someone to carry or C. STOP GOING TO PLACES THAT YOU NEED A ****ING GUN.

I like Goodson, I think he's a solid No.2/3 RB in the league, but I'd love to see Idzik & Co. say screw it and cut him loose and officially close the door on the circus mentality/cloud that hangs over the organization. Cut him and head into OTA's/Mini Camp's with Ivory, McKnight, Powell and the Griffin kid. Add a UDFA RB or some other veteran (Stephens-Howling? Hillis? Bradshaw?).

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    Go back to the 40's, 50's, and 60's when two-fisted drinking was considered manly and winked at. My fathers generation had "The Rat Pack" with Frankie, Dino, and Sammy drunk every night. This is not a new thing, the only difference is cops back then would laugh at you, have a few beers with you, and leave. Drunk driving was not considered a serious thing back then.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

Your multiple personal attacks have been reported.

SAR I
    You are not only a troll and a clown but gay too?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Chad never buttfumbled.
    Chad had a Hall Of Fame running back, 2-to-3 top tier wide receivers, a stellar pass-catching running back, and a Top 5 offensive line and did nothing but break his bones swatting flies.

Mark had a pile of retreads and a carousel of ever-changing wide receivers and did something Chad could never do- play big in the postseason.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Go back to the 40's, 50's, and 60's when two-fisted drinking was considered manly and winked at. My fathers generation had "The Rat Pack" with Frankie, Dino, and Sammy drunk every night. This is not a new thing, the only difference is cops back then would laugh at you, have a few beers with you, and leave. Drunk driving was not considered a serious thing back then.
    And now, over 50 years later, most people are more educated on healthy behavior. So what's your point?

The 40s-60s had the Marlboro Man. People smoked in theaters, buses, and airplanes. Ah, the good ole days when men were men. (As long as you were white)

I 'm pretty sure even 50 years ago it would be frowned upon to be found passed out in a car in the fast lane of the interstate at 3 am. I doubt the cops would laugh and crack a cold one.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    WRONG on all counts! Most cops saw through Sinatra and did not laugh at him. He was even locked up once in Hoboken. Two fisted? Why did he hire Jilly? Those guys were professional drunks! Dino did not drink much at all. Neither did Sammy. DUI was never laughed at by cops. Whoever told you that BS is wacky! Drunks were never appreciated by anyone including cops back then. Quit reading stories about the RAT PACK. It was mostly BS. They were professional entertainers!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess you've never known a victim of someone under the influence? There's a reason it's not considered minor anymore.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chad had a Hall Of Fame running back, 2-to-3 top tier wide receivers, a stellar pass-catching running back, and a Top 5 offensive line and did nothing but break his bones swatting flies.

Mark had a pile of retreads and a carousel of ever-changing wide receivers and did something Chad could never do- play big in the postseason.

SAR I
    Duh Mark had a guy named LT. He will be in the Hall of Fame. Mark had Holmes and Edwards but could not get them the ball accurately! Just sayin.... In Marky's first two season he had a premier OL and still did not win a Super Bowl or produce great numbers or beat strong teams consistently! I hope that jogs your memory!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    WRONG on all counts! Most cops saw through Sinatra and did not laugh at him. He was even locked up once in Hoboken. Two fisted? Why did he hire Jilly? Those guys were professional drunks! Dino did not drink much at all. Neither did Sammy. DUI was never laughed at by cops. Whoever told you that BS is wacky! Drunks were never appreciated by anyone including cops back then. Quit reading stories about the RAT PACK. It was mostly BS. They were professional entertainers!
    Yeah, I'm amazed that most people still don't realize that Dino's act was just that. He usually drank apple juice on stage and didn't like Martinis. The drunk thing was part of his schtick.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is in modern society. There's no excuse for being blacked out drunk and in a car. There are plenty of things that were romanticized back than that shouldn't have been.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    poor mark. he never had the top rated running game in the league or a trio of capable receivers in holmes, edwards and j-co along with a pass catching TE. Pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor mark!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    HAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are ****ing hillarious. Did Chad have a top 5 defense and top 5 running game to carry him the whole way? Last I remembered Chad Pennington took a previous 1-15 team and LEAD them to division champs. Can you imagine Sanchez doing that? Improving the players around him and actually contributing to their success? The answer is NO!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    poor mark. he never had the top rated running game in the league or a trio of capable receivers in holmes, edwards and j-co along with a pass catching TE. Pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor mark!
    He did, and in those two seasons Mark won twice as many playoff games as Chad Pennington did in a decade, went farther, played deeper.

It was the Jets failure to keep those types of WR's around him that started the offensive downfall.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    You are just a lost cause, really , become a Pats or Giants fan, you will be better like on this board.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    HAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are ****ing hillarious. Did Chad have a top 5 defense and top 5 running game to carry him the whole way? Last I remembered Chad Pennington took a previous 1-15 team and LEAD them to division champs. Can you imagine Sanchez doing that? Improving the players around him and actually contributing to their success? The answer is NO!!!

Chad had a better offense and thus a better balanced team than Mark ever had. And he did nothing with it but let Tom Brady walk all over him for a decade.

The previous 1-15 Dolphins were led by a gadget offense called the Wildcat, pioneered by Dan Henning as a way to compensate for not having a quarterback. That was Ronnie Brown's offense. Chad Pennington was a decoy, he didn't improve anything, and when the Ravens went down for the wildcard game, all they had to do was shut down Ronnie Brown and wait for Chad to implode.

SAR I

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I may be in the minority here, but I think that both Pennington and Sanchez were bottom-rung quarterbacks.

One had the brains but not the ability, one had the ability but not the brains.

Turn the page already.

They are both the past.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    You are just a lost cause, really , become a Pats or Giants fan, you will be better like on this board.
    I've been a Jets fan since 1978, went on the waitlist in 1995, spent $10,000 to buy someone's subscription and became a season ticket holder in 2001, spent $45,000 on gameday tickets in Giants Stadium, bought $20,000 in MetLife PSL's in 2008, and have committed to a 30 year license that'll cost me over $200,000 in gameday tickets. That's $275,000 in today's dollars, probably cost me half a mil by 2039.

What's your level of commitment?

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Chad had a better offense and thus a better balanced team than Mark ever had. And he did nothing with it but let Tom Brady walk all over him for a decade.

The previous 1-15 Dolphins were led by a gadget offense called the Wildcat, pioneered by Dan Henning as a way to compensate for not having a quarterback. That was Ronnie Brown's offense. Chad Pennington was a decoy, he didn't improve anything, and when the Ravens went down for the wildcard game, all they had to do was shut down Ronnie Brown and wait for Chad to implode.

SAR I
    Interesting. To bad the facts make you look stupid. Chad Pennington threw for over 3,600 yds 67% 7.7avg 19td 7int 97.4 rating while leading his team to the division crown. Hardly numbers of a QB who needs compensating for. No it is the Jets who have had to compensate for ****ty Sanchez for 4 years. If Sanchez did the same thing that Pennington did you would be ready to put him up in canton as the greatest QB of all time. Your man crush for the ****tiest QB in team history is disgusting.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Geothermal View Post
    I may be in the minority here, but I think that both Pennington and Sanchez were bottom-rung quarterbacks.

One had the brains but not the ability, one had the ability but not the brains.

Turn the page already.

They are both the past.
    One was handed Bill Parcells team, a Hall of Fame running back, a Top 5 offensive line, a trio of WR's named Moss/Coles/Chrebet, a one-two RB punch with Martin/Jordan, and a brilliant blocker and pass-catcher named Anderson. He could never get past the second round of the playoffs and was the primary reason for the quick exits.

The other was handed a decaying Rex Ryan team, a below-average running back, a sketchy offensive line, an injury prone tight end, a trio of terrible offensive coordinators, and a never-ending parade of old run down wide receivers none of which stuck around in consecutive years to build chemistry with. He won 4 road playoff games and was the best Jet on the field in the 2 road Championship games.

The page on Pennington isn't just turned, it's burned.

The page on Sanchez is still open.

SAR I