Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Goodson Arrested

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Mod nothing. I'm going to buy the place.

And when I do, you can look forward to these exciting changes:

1. The Blind Homer Cult members will be deleted.

2. The Ebonic College Student(s) will be deleted.

3. TX and all other impartial non-Jets fans to be reinstated and embraced.

4. All the young-buck mods will be received of their duties so they can go back to being the great posters they used to be.

5. The Hangar will be deleted, OT threads allowed on the LS.

6. Jetswin and Buzzsaw to be paid for their mod services, also given bonuses based on reasonable and attainable traffic and revshare goals.

7. VIP membership fees reduced to $19.99 to encourage participation.

Those are just a few of the improvements, will publish more when the business plan is complete.

SAR I
    Hold on a sec...I'm writing these down....

Received of their duty. Right! $19.99...Check.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Hold on a sec...I'm writing these down....

Received of their duty. Right! $19.99...Check.
    You're an older mod, you get the revshare and bonus program, my apologies.

SAR I

Please shut up Woody:

Owner on Goodson arrest: Jets for ‘truth, justice, American way’

• By BRIAN COSTELLO
    • Last Updated: 10:35 AM, May 21, 2013
    • Posted: 1:40 AM, May 21, 2013
    • Jets Blog
    It’s a bird, it’s a plane ... nope, it’s just Woody Johnson.
    The Jets owner did his best Superman impression yesterday while discussing the situation surrounding running back Mike Goodson, who was arrested on Friday. Johnson told reporters in Boston the team was still in fact-finding mode and then went all superhero, saying the Jets live by “truth, justice and the American way.”
    No word if he was wearing a cape during the interview.
    Goodson was at the Jets’ training center in Florham Park yesterday, three days after being discovered intoxicated by New Jersey State Police in a car that was stopped in the middle of Interstate 80. Allegedly, marijuana was found on Goodson, and a loaded gun and hollow point bullets were discovered in the car.

Goodson, who was signed by the team in March, did not participate in the Jets’ first organized team activity (OTA), but met with general manager John Idzik and head coach Rex Ryan yesterday.
    “We’re at a point of investigating the facts,” Johnson said, according to USA Today Sports. “John Idzik met with him this morning; he’ll meet with the coaches today. We’ll try to get the story on what the facts are and go from there.”
    It sounds as if the Jets will wait for the courts to make a ruling before figuring out whether to part ways with Goodson. It seems impossible for the Jets to keep Goodson if the gun charges hold up. It is unknown at this point if the gun was his or belonged to Garant Evans, who was the driver. Police are still investigating.
    “We’re trying to win games and do the right thing. Truth, justice and the American way. We live by it, we really do,” he told reporters. “We have a strong credo, very proud people, very intelligent people that work in our building. We want to avoid the avoidable and I think we do a good job.”
    Goodson, 25, was arrested just after 3 a.m. Friday and charged with possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, unlawful possession of a handgun, possession of a loaded handgun and possession of hollow point bullets.
    The Jets signed Goodson to a three-year, $6.9 million contract in March that included a $1 million bonus. It will be easier for the Jets to recoup the portion of that bonus that has been paid out after the legal process has played out. Goodson almost certainly faces some form of punishment from the NFL, as well.
    brian.costello@nypost.com

4. All the young-buck mods will be relieived of their duties so they can go back to being the great posters they used to be.

6. Jetswin, Crasherino, and Buzzsaw to be paid for their mod services, also given bonuses based on reasonable and attainable traffic and revshare goals.

Those are just a few of the improvements, will publish more when the business plan is complete.

SAR I
    How would you deal with pathetic trolls?

Hall Of Fame

4. All the young-buck mods will be relieived of their duties so they can go back to being the great posters they used to be.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 1m
    Connection between Goodson & driver MT @SethWalderNYDN: Mike Goodson is cousins with Garant Evans' fiance, according to Evans' lawyer #nyj
    Interesting...

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Verbal warning.
    1 day ban.
    1 week ban.
    Permaban.

I have a very good sense of who is trolling and who is merely misunderstood. Let me know when you want some pointers.

SAR I

Verbal warning.
    1 day ban.
    1 week ban.
    Permaban.

I have a very good sense of who is trolling and who is merely misunderstood. Let me know when you want some pointers.

SAR I
    You don't consider yourself a troll? Honestly..

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    So you think if the legal process determines he did not own the gun and did not have knowledge of its presence in the car (which is what determines the possession charge apparently) and determines he is innocent (if the charges are not dropped and it actually goes to trial) the NFL should still proceed as if he actually was guilty and suspend him by virtue of unknowingly being near someone else's gun?

You also realize he's not been a rookie for 4 years now, right? So I don't know why you keep bringing up what the Panthers might have told him 4 years ago.
    First of all, in the civilian court, that's for a jury (assuming it gets that far) to decide.

In reference to the league handling it, they can do whatever the f*ck they please. It isn't about "innocent until proven guilty", all they have to think is that it hurts the league's image. Whether or not they will do that remains to be seen.

And as for realizing he's been in the league for 4 years now? That's lame and you know it. There isn't some rule in place that says, "If I forget what the law of the land is, I cannot he held accountable". That's stupid. The rules are the rules regardless of what team you play for.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Clearly, you'd be outta here!

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    I live the same society too. We all do. Living the society is one of life's great joys.

Please go moralize (giving you the benefit of the doubt) somewhere else. Nobody cares about how sad you will feel rooting for a team with Goodson on it if that's how the process plays out. Yes, yes, you're a special snowflake and you deserve a team filled with choirboys you can root for wholeheartedly. But lets get a grip here. Goodson didn't harm anyone, didn't steal from anyone, didn't damage anything. What he did was wrong - but acting like the team is employing a horrible human being because the guy had a gun (irony again), assuming it was his, and got drunk and high, is ludicrous.

It's not like he killed a defenseless animal for sport and posed with the carcass, after all.
    This is a message board for all to post their thoughts. If you don't like it, KMA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    This is a message board for all to post their thoughts. If you don't like it, KMA.
    LOL. Exactly the well thought out response I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    +1. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse, but ignorance of facts is an absolute defense to crimes like possession.

If I go to the bank and open the door for a girl exiting, I am not guilty of aiding and abetting unless I knew she was robbing the bank.

On possession cases, you are not guilty unless you know (or reasonably should know) that you have the prohibited item. Otherwise, the ups driver would be guilty of possession every time someone ships weed by ups. Otherwise, a bus driver would be in "Possession" of every gun that comes aboard his bus. If your cabbie is packing heat, are you in possession as well?

If he was a passenger in a buddy's car and the gun was in the glove box, how would he know?
    Once again, a lot of "IFS". Mind you there's only two people in hot water according to the article. One is Goodson, and Goodson was found to be possessing drugs. At the very least, he's probably on the hook for that. This, meanwhile, knowing he'd been told never to possess illegal drugs while being a member of an NFL team.

It isn't like there's was a crowd of people there with him.

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    LOL. Exactly the well thought out response I expected.
    Yeah, just as intelligent as yours.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

4. All the young-buck mods will be relieved of their duties so they can go back to being the great posters they used to be.

6. Jetswin, Crasherino, and Buzzsaw to be paid for their mod services, also given bonuses based on reasonable and attainable traffic and revshare goals.

SAR I
    for once, THANK YOU for veering this thread off topic!

@BrianCoz: Jets RB Mike Goodson will appear in court tomorrow and plead not guilty to all charges, according to his lawyer Tony Fusco. #nyj

Betcha Evans the Driver gets the Wrap for the Gun and Drugs

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodjet View Post
    @BrianCoz: Jets RB Mike Goodson will appear in court tomorrow and plead not guilty to all charges, according to his lawyer Tony Fusco. #nyj

Betcha Evans the Driver gets the Wrap for the Gun and Drugs
    LOL. Right. "It wasn't me, Your Honor. Really."

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    LOL. Right. "It wasn't me, Your Honor. Really."
    Evans is Engaged to Goodson's Cousin... He's Taking the whole Wrap...

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    You don't consider yourself a troll? Honestly..
    Nope.

But someone who stalks another poster from thread to thread calling him names? I'd call that a troll. Sound familiar? Ring a bell?

SAR I

Nope.

But someone who stalks another poster from thread to thread calling him names? I'd call that a troll. Sound familiar? Ring a bell?

SAR I
    No it doesn't.. But I do call out trolls who get all giddy and happy at the slightest negative news ; Goodson arrest for example. Or so called fans who will be happy to see the jets lose next year.. The ones who have an obsession with mark Sanchez, and want to pin all his failures on Rex ryan.. Who will pray for a bad year so Rex gets canned vengeance for ruining poor little #6.. I know such a troll would probably go nuts if geno smith leads jets to atleast .500 and Rex gets a new contract extension while #6 never gets a starting gig ever again.. If that's not a troll I don't know what is..