Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Goodson Arrested

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    It's almost 11:30, why is he still a jet?
    http://www.ganggreennation.com/2013/...ave-no-comment

At this point, it is probably premature to make definitive statements on what the Jets should or should not do. We simply do not have all of the information necessary right now. Frequently, initial reports on incidents like this are either incomplete or incorrect. It is probably best to refrain from judgment until we have more answers.

[QUOTE=JetsFanatic;4896599]http://www.ganggreennation.com/2013/...ave-no-comment

"Goodson is the third Jet to be charged with marijuana possession in the last two weeks, joining defensive end Claude Davis and cornerback Cliff Harris, who were both released by the team. "

So why does Goodson deserve patience and the others don't? If Goodson gets a pass should Davis and Harris get reinstated?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    An we cut him, an what does he do, Wins the AFC east championship, how, by kicking our asses.

Sorry, you were wrong.
    Yeah, in a year when Tom Brady and Brett Favre both go down with injuries.

Chad Pennington. The greatest quarterback who ever won a division when the two Hall Of Famers in his division couldn't play.

How'd ol' Chad the Fin do in the postseason. Yeah, it's like that.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post

WRT many of the other things said in this thread, what a bunch of nonsense as well. I'd wager that unless you personally grew up with everyone you all hang out with and can account for every month of their lives, quite a few of you "associate" with felons without even knowing about it. Seriously, how many of you all run background checks on all your friends and acquaintances ?

A very ridiculous comment. -a simple google search finds the following

Just looking at some stats, about 1.5 percent of nj are felons. Most felons associate with other felons.

So the vast majority of people don't associate with felons.

Jets running back Mike Goodson was arrested early Friday morning and charged with unlawful possession of a handgun, possession of a loaded handgun, possession of hollow-point ammunition, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia following a bizarre traffic stop in Morris County that could result in prison time for Goodson.

Goodson was the passenger in a gray GMC Yukon SUV that was stopped in the left-center lane of Rt. 80 westbound in Denville just after 3 a.m., police said. A driver in a tow truck approaching the vehicle called 911, causing an ambulance to be sent to the car.

Police said Goodson, 25, and the driver, 31-year-old Garant Evans of Roselle, were intoxicated and that Goodson required medical attention at a nearby hospital.

After searching the car, police discovered that Goodson, who was born in Irvington, was in possession of a small amount of marijuana.

Additional amounts of the drug were discovered in the car, police said, on top of a more troublesome discovery: A loaded .45-caliber semi-automatic handgun, according to a release sent out by the State Police.

The gun was loaded with at least one hollow-point bullet, a police spokesman said. Neither Goodson nor Evans claimed to be the owner of the gun, and as of Friday night, police said they were still searching gun registries to determine the owner.

When reached for comment, a Jets team spokesman said: "This is a pending legal matter. There will be no further comment until the legal process has run its course."

An NFL spokesman said the incident would be reviewed under league policies.

Goodson was being held at Morris County Jail. His bail was set at $50,000.

Goodson signed a three-year, $6.9 million deal with the Jets on March 15 and is the third member of the team to be arrested in the past month. Claude Davis and Cliff Harris, both on reserve/future deals, were arrested in Morristown on April 29 and charged with possession of marijuana. They were released by the team a day later.

Because the marijuana was less than 50 grams, the penalties for the drugs will likely not be serious for Goodson, said Miles Feinsten, a criminal defense attorney and former president of The Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey.

The gun charge, however, could land Goodson in prison if convicted.

"If he has to plead guilty to possession of a handgun, or possession of a loaded handgun, thatís covered by The Graves Act," said Feinsten, speaking about a law that requires "minimum term of imprisonment and parole ineligibility for certain gun-related crimes."

"That carries a minimum, mandatory three years in a New Jersey State Prison," Feinsten said. "It could be even harsher than (the penalty levied to former Giants wide receiver) Plaxico Burress in New York. This is three years."

Burress accepted a two-year plea deal in 2009, stemming from a 2008 incident.

Feinsten said there is a possibility the charges could be amended by the prosecutor, although the state takes gun-related crimes very seriously.

Goodson was looked at as a steal by the Jets in free agency. The team coveted his explosive potential and 6.3 yards-per-carry average. In an attempt to remake their sputtering offense under new coordinator Marty Mornhinweg, Goodson had been seen as a key cog alongside former Saints running back Chris Ivory.

Evans had a prior felony conviction. He faces the same charges as Goodson, in addition to DWI, traffic summonses and possession of a weapon with a prior felony conviction. He is being held on $150,000 bail.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201..._arrested.html

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Do you know what the charge would be? It seems to rest on knowledge, so would it be something like 'knowing there's an illegal firearm and being in the vicinity of it' or something like that?
    The charge is Unlawful possession of a firearm. It is Goodson's responsibility to show he had zero knowledge that there was a gun in the vehicle. Depending on where the gun was found that could be very easy, or it could be very difficult.

[QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4896604]
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post

"Goodson is the third Jet to be charged with marijuana possession in the last two weeks, joining defensive end Claude Davis and cornerback Cliff Harris, who were both released by the team. "

So why does Goodson deserve patience and the others don't? If Goodson gets a pass should Davis and Harris get reinstated?
    Honestly, because the other guys were fringe players who probably wouldn't have made the team anyway.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The charge is Unlawful possession of a firearm. It is Goodson's responsibility to show he had zero knowledge that there was a gun in the vehicle. Depending on where the gun was found that could be very easy, or it could be very difficult.
    Interesting. They're both charged with it and they both deny owning it, so two people could 'possess' the same weapon - I guess that is defined by it being somewhere in proximity to your person, and you have knowledge of it being there?

I guess if it was on the floor next to his foot, say, he couldn't say he didn't 'know' it was there because he was too blind stinking drunk to have any idea?

No doubt he is a fukin stupid moron who hooked up with a shady friend from his past once he moved back to NJ.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 05-18-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Nope. I wanted any QB to replace Pennington because I knew he'd never cut it.

I was right.

SAR I
    You were wrong, Leinhart was an abomination, pretty much how you are on this board.

You are a legend in your own mind, you crave for attention, and you do it any way you can so that people will respond to you. Your insecurities reek of somebody who is trying to compensate for things you didn't have in life growing up.

And one thing is for sure, you know absolutely NOTHING about the game of football, you're a fan who waves his VIP season tickets and luxury cars in the faces of others as if we are supposed to be impressed, you sit on your hands when you actually watch the game, but more often than not, there is no doubt you're in the VIP lounge caring less about the team you supposedly root for.

Your entire MOB on this board is an act to get a rise out of people and to get a response. Oh look, I guess I too gave you a response.

That's ok, as long as we all know the truth about FARCE I

Oh, and you don't need to sign off your message board handle after every post, that too is a cry for attention.

Raymond, you're doing it wrong. You're not supposed to get mad at SCAR, you're supposed to enjoy a marvelous performance by the best bear in the game.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    You were wrong, Leinhart was an abomination, pretty much how you are on this board.

You are a legend in your own mind, you crave for attention, and you do it any way you can so that people will respond to you. Your insecurities reek of somebody who is trying to compensate for things you didn't have in life growing up.

And one thing is for sure, you know absolutely NOTHING about the game of football, you're a fan who waves his VIP season tickets and luxury cars in the faces of others as if we are supposed to be impressed, you sit on your hands when you actually watch the game, but more often than not, there is no doubt you're in the VIP lounge caring less about the team you supposedly root for.

Your entire MOB on this board is an act to get a rise out of people and to get a response. Oh look, I guess I too gave you a response.

That's ok, as long as we all know the truth about FARCE I

Oh, and you don't need to sign off your message board handle after every post, that too is a cry for attention.

Your multiple personal attacks have been reported.

SAR I

SAR I

SAR I

You do realize even the mods think you are a joke?

How many of these "reports" do you waste your time with, I'm curious?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Interesting. They're both charged with it and they both deny owning it, so two people could 'possess' the same weapon - I guess that is defined by it being somewhere in proximity to your person, and you have knowledge of it being there?

I guess if it was on the floor next to his foot, say, he couldn't say he didn't 'know' it was there because he was too blind stinking drunk to have any idea?

No doubt he is fukin stupid moron who hooked up with a shady friend from his past once he moved back to NJ.
    According to a cop friend of mine if both deny the gun is their's the one who is the car owner will get charged unless they can check to see who the gun was sold to or if one of them had a carry permit.. Since it was probably bought on the street I doubt that will happen..

All Pro
    Ugh.

He was the guy I thought would steal the starting job and really break out this year. He's perfect for the MM system.

Hopefully there's some way he beats these charges.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    send in the clowns

don't bother, they're here
    Exactly what I thought.

You think the jets would cut mangold for marijuana possession? You cannot compare scrubs to starters.
    Last edited by revischrist; 05-18-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=revischrist;4896696]
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post

You think the jets would cut mangold for marijuana possession? You cannot compare scrubs to starters.
    +1 Look what LT got away with the Giants..

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Willie Colon calls it "zero tolerance" RT @NYDNsports: Teammate says Mike Goodson's arrest likely signals end w/Jets: http://nydn.us/13wB7KW

Well, we might be saying goodbye to mike. This isn't good, son.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4896604]

Probably because Idzik has pertinent info on the other two. Plus big money was not involved!