Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Goodson Arrested

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    USA Today reports the driver of the car in Mike Goodson's May gun/drugs arrest has claimed ownership of the gun.

If true, it means Goodson is out of the woods on the most serious charges he's facing. He could still be staring down a league-mandated suspension on the drug charges, but Goodson's situation is looking much brighter than it did a few weeks ago.

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    There you go again! He did go to the hospital but since we do not have your inside source of information We will just have to wait for all the information to be released so we can make our own decisions on why he went to the hospital. I wonder if he could have been sick? Could someone have spiked his drink? I wonder if the pot was planted by someone? I wonder if the search was legal? You seem to know it all. Please enlighten us. But I will still wait for the facts from the real experts to be released. Again, this is America! Innocent Until Proven Guilty! If he is proven guilty he has to face responsibility for his acts. I'd have no problem with that as long as the punishment fits the crime.
    Unfortunately, here in America we conclude most of our cases with plea bargains. If everyone went through the process as intended nothing would get accomplished. So, with that being the case, Goodson will walk from this.
    I'm not looking for choir boys, just ones that use common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    USA Today reports the driver of the car in Mike Goodson's May gun/drugs arrest has claimed ownership of the gun.

If true, it means Goodson is out of the woods on the most serious charges he's facing. He could still be staring down a league-mandated suspension on the drug charges, but Goodson's situation is looking much brighter than it did a few weeks ago.

This is great news. Really excited, guessing only a couple game suspension at the most for the drugs...

All League
    Charter JI Member

Not necessarily true.....

The prosecutor/DA obviously had a copy of this police report when charges were filed, but still filed gun charges against Goodson, despite the driver claiming ownership.

Doesn't sound to me like the Prosecutor/DA is just gonna drop the charges because the driver claimed ownership.....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post

The prosecutor/DA obviously had a copy of this police report when charges were filed, but still filed gun charges against Goodson, despite the driver claiming ownership.

Doesn't sound to me like the Prosecutor/DA is just gonna drop the charges because the driver claimed ownership.....
    The gun has a serial number and some kind of provenance trail. If that matches up with what the driver is saying I think it is pretty much a closed subject. If it dies not...

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    It wasn't his gun and probably not his pot either. He knew he had too much to drink and asked a friend to drive him home. Guilty of bad judgment of friends and not calling for a taxi
    lol...he was holding a bag of herb for his 'friend'?

Jets Insider VIP

I wonder if a misdemeanor drug charge for a first time offender would merit a suspension. I also read that the State Police filed their report and said that the other guy in the car admitted that it was his gun!

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I'm sure he's learned his lesson and will be on his best behavior, a changed man

Jets Insider VIP

What the police are saying is that since there was a high degree of intoxication, they chose to file charges against both for possession of the gun. They could not believe what the owner of the car was saying when he ADMITTED to the gun being his due to his intoxication.

I will not pass judgement on anyone until all the facts are presented in court , if it even gets that far. I wonder how the case would hold up in court if the owner admits to it being his gun. The police were annoyed because the owner refused to tell them how he acquired the weapon. They admitted as much.

In the end I expect the proper charges will be filed against Goodson regardless of what the DA feels. Facts are facts! The gun will be traced back to where it was bought and who bought it. If it can not be traced and the owner of the car says its his gun, how can that charge hold up against Goodson?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jets88NY View Post
    This is great news. Really excited, guessing only a couple game suspension at the most for the drugs...
    Goodson has no documented history - this is not the same as getting popped on a urinalysis.

First off, he has to actually be convicted of the charges, he's innocent until proven guilty or until he pleads guilty and as far as I know, he plead not guilty on all of the charges.

If he is found guilty - he could get off with just a warning or be placed in some kind of substance abuse program - without a suspension, he is a first time offender - again, that's if he's found guilty.

I expect this probably won't get through the court system until after the season is over anyway - unless the charges wind up getting dropped altogether.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 06-07-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Amazing how everyone here was ready to convict this guy of gun charges, eject him from the team, and throw him in jail JUST BECAUSE OF MEDIA SENSATIONALISM!

We should all know by now that you can't trust the media to tell you the truth, you can trust the media to tell you something that will get your attention instead.

I hope Goodson has a great year for the Jets and helps get our ground game back on track in a big way.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Doesn't sound to me like the Prosecutor/DA is just gonna drop the charges because the driver claimed ownership..
    That's irrelevant, I was a cop for 12 years, if the driver claimed ownership of the gun, the gun charges against Goodson will never stand up in a jury trial.

The DA can file whatever charges he or she likes, the DA doesn't do the convicting, the jury does and no jury will convict Goodson of possession of the gun when the gun wasn't found in Goodson's possession and the driver was at the time of the incident, and still is now, claiming ownership of the gun - the burden of proof is on the DA to prove the gun was Goodson's and from where I am standing, the DA doesn't have any proof.

All the DA has is their opinion and the DA's opinion won't hold water with a jury, that I can guarantee you.

You can argue if you like - I will gladly accept your apology when you wind up being proved wrong.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 06-07-2013 at 04:49 PM.

So, gun charge will not stick, he was not driving the the SUV. I am sure they took blood when he got to the hospital, so did he even test positive for weed ? If not, no law against being drunk out of your mind in the BACK SEAT of a parked vehicle. Maybe illegally dumb assed parked, but stopped never the less
    If he did test positive then, first offense, weed,( still illegal) ,small quantity = slap in the wrist.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    So, gun charge will not stick, he was not driving the the SUV. I am sure they took blood when he got to the hospital, so did he even test positive for weed ? If not, no law against being drunk out of your mind in the BACK SEAT of a parked vehicle. Maybe illegally dumb assed parked, but stopped never the less
    If he did test positive then, first offense, weed,( still illegal) ,small quantity = slap in the wrist.
    They wouldn't have taken a sample of Goodson's blood as the passenger, they would have only done that to the driver - if they did it at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Unfortunately, here in America we conclude most of our cases with plea bargains. If everyone went through the process as intended nothing would get accomplished. So, with that being the case, Goodson will walk from this.
    I'm not looking for choir boys, just ones that use common sense.
    So you are looking to build an NFL team with choir boys that use common sense! But there you go again! You have convicted Goodson in your mind without any proof being presented. If he "walks" he is an innocent man! You demean our system because most cases conclude in a plea bargain. Yet you admit if every case went to trial nothing would ever get accomplished. That must mean we are not a nation of choir boys exhibiting common sense. Heck how can we have a football team? Perhaps the Chinese or Russian way of justice would suit you better. America's judicial system has its warts but its far better then any other system ever created! I like the fact that we are INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Amazing how everyone here was ready to convict this guy of gun charges, eject him from the team, and throw him in jail JUST BECAUSE OF MEDIA SENSATIONALISM!

We should all know by now that you can't trust the media to tell you the truth, you can trust the media to tell you something that will get your attention instead.

I hope Goodson has a great year for the Jets and helps get our ground game back on track in a big way.
    LOL. Now some of those ready to place Goodson in prison a few weeks ago are backtracking and making it a case of MOPERY WITH INTENT TO GAWK or exhibiting bad judgement!

I will never condone improper conduct but some here are taking it to a new low. The guy is INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY! Yet he is now being convicted of bad judgement! Yet we have very few facts to corroborate the case at this time. Why can't we wait for the case to be presented? I think those rushing to judgement in this case are exhibiting poor decision making in the first degree!

But not everyone here was ready to convict the guy. Several guys and I have repeatedly said INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY!

Jets Insider VIP
    Go Mike Goodson

Go Jets

All League

If you have a person willing to testify it is his gun, there is no way the DA will try to convict Goodson unless the paper trail leads directly to Goodson.

All League
    They wouldn't have taken a sample of Goodson's blood as the passenger, they would have only done that to the driver - if they did it at all.
    Actually, if Goodson was drunk enough, they might have done a blood test as part of his treatment in the hospital. If so, the DA can subpoena those records.

The affidavit from Mesa stated Goodson "was incoherent, slobbering and had vomited all over himself as well as the interior of the vehicle" when he was found inside the car.
    Sounds like an excellent move for a FA just hired by a new team.