Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 780 of 873

Thread: Mike Goodson Arrested

  1. #761
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,249
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Not necessarily true.....

    The prosecutor/DA obviously had a copy of this police report when charges were filed, but still filed gun charges against Goodson, despite the driver claiming ownership.

    Doesn't sound to me like the Prosecutor/DA is just gonna drop the charges because the driver claimed ownership.....
    Prosecutors frequently file numerous charges and then drop them as the evidence comes in. Think about it, they charged both of them with possession of a gun.there was only one gun. It's highly unlikely they both owned the same gun.

    This is great news, and more proof that posters on this board are retarded for immediately calling for his release before the evidence came out.

  2. #762
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,248
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    So you are looking to build an NFL team with choir boys that use common sense! But there you go again! You have convicted Goodson in your mind without any proof being presented. If he "walks" he is an innocent man! You demean our system because most cases conclude in a plea bargain. Yet you admit if every case went to trial nothing would ever get accomplished. That must mean we are not a nation of choir boys exhibiting common sense. Heck how can we have a football team? Perhaps the Chinese or Russian way of justice would suit you better. America's judicial system has its warts but its far better then any other system ever created! I like the fact that we are INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty!
    What the hell are talking about? You have lost your mind brother. First, I'm pretty familiar with our justice system, criminal justice degree from Penn State.
    Second, I love our system, I just gave you facts. Three, if you feel that what this jackass did was acceptable behavior then I really feel sorry for you.
    I want my team made of respectable, hard working, intelligent, football loving junkies. There are plenty out there. This guy is not one of them. Stop defending him, it makes you look silly.

  3. #763
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Prosecutors frequently file numerous charges and then drop them as the evidence comes in. Think about it, they charged both of them with possession of a gun.there was only one gun. It's highly unlikely they both owned the same gun.

    This is great news, and more proof that posters on this board are retarded for immediately calling for his release before the evidence came out.
    depends on the law. If you're in a car in NY with 4 people, and they find one gun, all 4 get booked with possession.

  4. #764
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,692
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    What the hell are talking about? You have lost your mind brother. First, I'm pretty familiar with our justice system, criminal justice degree from Penn State.
    Second, I love our system, I just gave you facts. Three, if you feel that what this jackass did was acceptable behavior then I really feel sorry for you.
    I want my team made of respectable, hard working, intelligent, football loving junkies. There are plenty out there. This guy is not one of them. Stop defending him, it makes you look silly.
    I know a bit about our system too. I have a degree in Criminal Justice and 32 years in the streets working with criminals. I do not pretend to know it all nor do I believe that a rush to judgement is proper. A trained investigator knows to go slow and get the facts before making accusations or outlandish remarks.

    Don't feel sorry for me. You think you presented facts but only gave us your opinions and moral judgements. I feel sorry for you.

    This transcends football. I do not care who you want on your team. I worry about a guy like you thinking he knows it all. I think people deserve a second chance and this is his first brush with criminal law. You can take your morality and wear it on your sleeve. None of us is perfect and all make bad decisions from time to time. We are human. They put erasers on a pencil for a reason.
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 06-07-2013 at 10:38 PM.

  5. #765
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,692
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    depends on the law. If you're in a car in NY with 4 people, and they find one gun, all 4 get booked with possession.
    Being booked and convicted are two different things. Little things like where the gun is found factors in. If one person says it is his gun, you really think four guys will get booked?

  6. #766
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,248
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I know a bit about our system too. I have a degree in Criminal Justice and 32 years in the streets working with criminals. I do not pretend to know it all nor do I believe that a rush to judgement is proper. A trained investigator knows to go slow and get the facts before making accusations or outlandish remarks.

    Don't feel sorry for me. You think you presented facts but only gave us your opinions and moral judgements. I feel sorry for you.

    This transcends football. I do not care who you want on your team. I worry about a guy like you thinking he knows it all. I think people deserve a second chance and this is his first brush with criminal law. You can take your morality and wear it on your sleeve. None of us is perfect and all make bad decisions from time to time. We are human. They put erasers on a pencil for a reason.
    Take your liberal bs elsewhere.
    Last edited by NYJ37/12; 06-07-2013 at 10:45 PM.

  7. #767
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,692
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Goodson has no documented history - this is not the same as getting popped on a urinalysis.

    First off, he has to actually be convicted of the charges, he's innocent until proven guilty or until he pleads guilty and as far as I know, he plead not guilty on all of the charges.

    If he is found guilty - he could get off with just a warning or be placed in some kind of substance abuse program - without a suspension, he is a first time offender - again, that's if he's found guilty.

    I expect this probably won't get through the court system until after the season is over anyway - unless the charges wind up getting dropped altogether.

    Arod are you sure he is innocent until proven guilty? Apparently that concept is not taught at some collages that teach Criminal Justice in the US.
    LOL

    I did not know you we're on the job for 12 years!

    I do not think this will ever get to trial stage. I expect some sort of pre-trial intervention. You are right. It's his first brush with the law as far as we know. But who knows what the truth is at this time? None of us have all the facts.

  8. #768
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    12,952
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    What the hell are talking about? You have lost your mind brother. First, I'm pretty familiar with our justice system, criminal justice degree from Penn State.
    Second, I love our system, I just gave you facts. Three, if you feel that what this jackass did was acceptable behavior then I really feel sorry for you.
    I want my team made of respectable, hard working, intelligent, football loving junkies. There are plenty out there. This guy is not one of them. Stop defending him, it makes you look silly.
    Ya know... For such a self-entitled big-shot wannabe genius know it all from Penn State, your grammar and punctuation skills BLOW!

    Did you know Jerry Sandusky?

  9. #769
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Criminal justice and Penn State all in the same sentence. .


    The ironing

  10. #770
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,248
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Arod are you sure he is innocent until proven guilty? Apparently that concept is not taught at some collages that teach Criminal Justice in the US.
    LOL

    I did not know you we're on the job for 12 years!

    I do not think this will ever get to trial stage. I expect some sort of pre-trial intervention. You are right. It's his first brush with the law as far as we know. But who knows what the truth is at this time? None of us have all the facts.
    You keep saying the same thing. I believe he should have his day in court. Go through the process. The only thing I'm saying is I wouldnt want him on my team. Why is that such a hard concept? You have gone on now for at least three posts trying to paint me into a corner on how I'm an entitled, self serving, moral crusader. His rights have nothing to do with how I feel. He should have every right given to him by our constitution, just keep him off the Jets.

  11. #771
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,248
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Ya know... For such a self-entitled big-shot wannabe genius know it all from Penn State, your grammar and punctuation skills BLOW!

    Did you know Jerry Sandusky?
    Says the guy who uses "ya" and "wannabe" in his sentence.

    You guys are a trip. Love to argue about everything you read that doesnt fit your agenda. Then you finish off your tirades by bashing someone you dont even know. The last time I checked I'm entitled to my opinion.
    I'm a little confused on how this has turned into me "knowing it all".

    As I said about 217 pages ago, I dont want him on my team. If you are comfortable with him, thats something you are entitled to and I would not try and sway your opinion.
    Last edited by NYJ37/12; 06-08-2013 at 08:19 AM.

  12. #772
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Says the guy who uses "ya" and "wannabe" in his sentence.

    You guys are a trip. Love to argue about everything you read that doesnt fit your agenda. Then you finish off you tirades by bashing someone you dont even know. The last time I checked I'm entitled to my opinion.
    I'm a little confused on how this has turned into me "knowing it all".

    As I said about 217 pages ago, I dont want him on my team. If you are comfortable with him, thats something you are entitled to and I would not try and sway your opinion.
    So you decided 217 pages ago that Goodson was guilty of everything and the facts of the investigation apparently clearing him of anything serious had no impact on your closed mind.

    Was Professor Torquemada your mentor in that Criminal Injustice program at PSU??? (Paterno Sandusky U)

  13. #773
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,248
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    So you decided 217 pages ago that Goodson was guilty of everything and the facts of the investigation apparently clearing him of anything serious had no impact on your closed mind.

    Was Professor Torquemada your mentor in that Criminal Injustice program at PSU??? (Paterno Sandusky U)
    He's guilty of not using good judgement and placing himself in a position that could jeopardize himself and the team. His alleged crimes are not the end of the world, but if you run an organization and this guy works for you, you need to question his intelligence and overall commitment.

    SG3, I will always respond to you and others in a respectful manner because thats how I was raised. Now, I must go play golf. Enjoy the day my fellow Jet brothers and sisters. God bless.

  14. #774
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    He's guilty of not using good judgement and placing himself in a position that could jeopardize himself and the team. His alleged crimes are not the end of the world, but if you run an organization and this guy works for you, you need to question his intelligence and overall commitment.

    SG3, I will always respond to you and others in a respectful manner because thats how I was raised. Now, I must go play golf. Enjoy the day my fellow Jet brothers and sisters. God bless.

    have a good round

  15. #775
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,301
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Arod are you sure he is innocent until proven guilty? Apparently that concept is not taught at some collages that teach Criminal Justice in the US.
    LOL

    I did not know you we're on the job for 12 years!

    I do not think this will ever get to trial stage. I expect some sort of pre-trial intervention. You are right. It's his first brush with the law as far as we know. But who knows what the truth is at this time? None of us have all the facts.
    Yeah, that was my old life Kentucky, retired from it the end of 2010.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 06-08-2013 at 09:55 AM.

  16. #776
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,301
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Actually, if Goodson was drunk enough, they might have done a blood test as part of his treatment in the hospital. If so, the DA can subpoena those records.
    It would have no bearing on his charges either way.

    That being said it is very unlikely they drew Goodson's blood as the passenger, unless he was unconscious.

    He was the passenger and not the driver, because of that fact, he would have had to give his consent (signing an actual release) for them to draw blood, and I highly doubt that he did that.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 06-08-2013 at 09:55 AM.

  17. #777
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,810
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Unfortunately, here in America we conclude most of our cases with plea bargains. If everyone went through the process as intended nothing would get accomplished. So, with that being the case, Goodson will walk from this.
    I'm not looking for choir boys, just ones that use common sense.
    If the gun was the drivers. If you weren't driving drunk. Why the hell would you need to plea out?

    Looking more like a young man who got sh1t faced and in the worst case scenario may have had a joint on him.

    Get down from your high horse and more importantly stop making sh1t up to justify your stance.

  18. #778
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Baltimore. MD
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    So you decided 217 pages ago that Goodson was guilty of everything and the facts of the investigation apparently clearing him of anything serious had no impact on your closed mind.

    Was Professor Torquemada your mentor in that Criminal Injustice program at PSU??? (Paterno Sandusky U)
    That was funny...LOL

  19. #779
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    928
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Take your liberal bs elsewhere.
    Well, there you go, believe in the process and believe in allowing those who make mistakes in there lives a chance to correct them, and you are a
    Liberal.
    A man much better then all of us once said " let those who are without sin cast the first stone " I guess he was a flaming liberal as well.
    Funny how so many conservatives wear him on there chest.

  20. #780
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    928
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    It would have no bearing on his charges either way.

    That being said it is very unlikely they drew Goodson's blood as the passenger, unless he was unconscious.

    He was the passenger and not the driver, because of that fact, he would have had to give his consent (signing an actual release) for them to draw blood, and I highly doubt that he did that.
    The only reason I bring it up is, out of all of this mess it APPEARS the most serious charge he is facing is possession for personal use, (joint). If he had no weed in system then even that is dismissed . I would be thinking the NFL either tested him quickly or he admitted to the team and league that he did smoke the weed. In which case first offense, one game suspension and stepped up drug testing. No worst then S. Ellis a few years ago.
    On a footnote, I no longer smoke, but this country need to legalize this HERB for personal use. It will free up the police, courts, prisons of more serious offenses. It will also generate large amounts of tax revenue for both the states and federal government.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us