Thread: live in florida -want ny channels?? Directv?

live in florida -want ny channels?? Directv?

Live in florida ..transplanted new yorker..jet fan of 35 years ..i have heard it is possible to get ny feed of local channels if i change my service address instead of my billing address??? has anyone heard of this?? thanks!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    You can hear Sid Rosenberg in the morning on 640am. Thats about it my friend.

the game isn't on in Jacksonville.

prepare to face the wrath of Azzclown Dooshbag™.

GAMES NOT ON??????

But Can I Haz Ribs?????

ive posted this trick several times in the last decade:

set up the antenna and box yourself of get a guy off craigslist.

call them for service. they dont know whewre u live. use a ny adress. pay by credit card and ask for paperless billing and do a thing where every month they charge your card

done deal

never tell them where u really are

Veteran
    Yes, I do it every year. Live in Fl and vacation w/ my family two weeks a year on FI and bring one box with me. I share Dirct TV boxes and for the two weeks I change my service to the NY address which effects all the boxes. In place of florida locals floridians will get the NY locals in florida. its odd how it works because while on the Florida address the florida locals do not work while in NY. I also change my address toteh NY address durring Preseason. just keep in mind I think while living in florida and the boxes using the NY address, I beleive some movie and cable channels do not work.

Good Luck

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    ive posted this trick several times in the last decade:

set up the antenna and box yourself of get a guy off craigslist.

call them for service. they dont know whewre u live. use a ny adress. pay by credit card and ask for paperless billing and do a thing where every month they charge your card

done deal

never tell them where u really are
    You do not need to BS them, let them hook you up and simply call later and tell them you are vacationing in NY and have the box with you, simple as that. Just make sure they do not stop and start a whole new account, they have to simply add the address to your account. I used to tell them the box was from my Camper, now I simply tell them I am standing on a sand dune and the box and TV are on my boat in NY, please switch programming to my NY address. They have even helped trouble shoot because Fl uses the Slim Line dish and all the boat has is the old oval dish, they don’t care.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    You can hear Sid Rosenberg in the morning on 640am. Thats about it my friend.
    How that clown with 0 ratings and a mile-long rap sheet keeps getting jobs is something I will never understand.

If you want to watch Jets games but don't want to pay for the full directtv package I recommend getting the directtv NFL Sunday Ticket Internet service. It's $200 if you wait until the week before the season and you not only get every Jets game you get all the games. Only thing is you watch it on your computer but who gives a sh*t anymore?