Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Giving up my PSL - Will Jets sue me?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Alkro is source of what I think is accurate information on PSL resales. I'm thankful he posts here.
    Thanks

The seat relocation process for UD is always interesting. I know the jets pull the real good seats quite often so they are not listed.

But the Jets are fairly honest in showing the extent of unsold seats. Last year when I saw it the whole UD Endzone from row 20 up was nearly completely empty as well as the four corners of UD sideline. Pretty amazing when you consider in year 2009 100% of those seats were season ticket holders, that is a lot of folks to move to new seats or to have dropped seats. Like 10,000 seats moved in three years.

Jets list only moved 500 people at a time in the hey day so that is around 20 years worth of seat movement if we were back in the days of Klecko!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Thanks

The seat relocation process for UD is always interesting. I know the jets pull the real good seats quite often so they are not listed.

But the Jets are fairly honest in showing the extent of unsold seats. Last year when I saw it the whole UD Endzone from row 20 up was nearly completely empty as well as the four corners of UD sideline. Pretty amazing when you consider in year 2009 100% of those seats were season ticket holders, that is a lot of folks to move to new seats or to have dropped seats. Like 10,000 seats moved in three years.

Jets list only moved 500 people at a time in the hey day so that is around 20 years worth of seat movement if we were back in the days of Klecko!
    I appreciate your insights here, but I'm surprised at how surprised you seem to be about all of this. This was all predicted in threads like this one years and years ago.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    It has to be beyond upsetting that a Jets championship is the one thing in this world that money can't buy. The Yankees have a down year? No problem. Just buy the best pitcher or hitter on the market. Sooner or later, another championship occurs and it's more t-shirts and caps for you and the kids. It's that easy.

With the Jets, not so easy. They have to make great decisions and experience a lot of luck for those t-shirts and caps.

I understand selling those tickets. PSLs are investment intended for happiness, and the Jets don't bring that. Makes sense to at least get a temporary return from that currently failing investment.
    Just catching up on some reading after being away....Don't come in to a thread like this for the sole purpose of being an *******. Its trolling, plain and simple and if you do it again, you'll start your summer vacation early.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    They won't show everything that is available I know that for certain. My gut feeling is they get people to relocate and into certain areas and then after that make a decision about changing prices like last season. I could be totally wrong.

Last year I was able to move my seats after I did not pay my bill. I asked someone who had access to the map to let me know what was available near me and they said nothing. For my price range I have pretty good seats. Several weeks when I called about something I was told the seats behind me were available for re-sale. Opening game the guy behind me told me he bought them as season tickets that Wednesday. He was there every game and never had to buy preseason. I know these seats did not show up during the relocation and why anyone would give them up or not move there is beyond me.
    I think your buddy had the right idea buying his tickets on the Wednesday before OD. He saved 20% off his bill. And others on this thread have pointed out this strategy as the way to go. Should be plenty of inventory available in the UD after the 2nd PS game. BTW, just received my email from the Jets confirming I have not renewed yet and my seats will be released back into inventory if they don't receive the payment by this Friday. I guess the fun will really begin for relos and deals starting next Monday.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    I think your buddy had the right idea buying his tickets on the Wednesday before OD. He saved 20% off his bill. And others on this thread have pointed out this strategy as the way to go. Should be plenty of inventory available in the UD after the 2nd PS game. BTW, just received my email from the Jets confirming I have not renewed yet and my seats will be released back into inventory if they don't receive the payment by this Friday. I guess the fun will really begin for relos and deals starting next Monday.
    what kind of seats did you let go back into the pot?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    what kind of seats did you let go back into the pot?
    342 Row 17 seats 5 & 6. $75 face. Row in front and 341 right across aisle @ $105. I am going to roll the dice with SH on 4-5 games and not eat the PS.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    342 Row 17 seats 5 & 6. $75 face. Row in front and 341 right across aisle @ $105. I am going to roll the dice with SH on 4-5 games and not eat the PS.

They are actually very good seats. Section 342 row 17 seats one and two would be lowest row closest to 50 in the whole $75 section. You are only a few over, what yard line is that, five yard?

Someone will pick them up in the seat reallocation.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are actually very good seats. Section 342 row 17 seats one and two would be lowest row closest to 50 in the whole $75 section. You are only a few over, what yard line is that, five yard?

Someone will pick them up in the seat reallocation.
    Yes - right around the 5. I don't go to all the regular season games and none of the PS games. And I wouldn't get half face for the RS games I don't attend. It is a decent sight line, however it is still pretty high up. Bottom line is I will pay much less for comparable seats on SH.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes - right around the 5. I don't go to all the regular season games and none of the PS games. And I wouldn't get half face for the RS games I don't attend. It is a decent sight line, however it is still pretty high up. Bottom line is I will pay much less for comparable seats on SH.
    Damm right you will. I plan on selling my PSL seats for Steelers game as it has a big markup and will cover pre-season. So I have been checking daily for cheap seats to game, around two weeks ago I a pair of Mezz B seats with parking for $250 for game, that is below cost. They are so so seats, middle of aisle but under cover. I dont need parking so if I sell that for $40 I am down to $210 for a pair. And that is steelers game. Only Steelers, Pats and opening days seats are any good this year and even those three if you watch daily you can nail them at face even in PSL sections.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damm right you will. I plan on selling my PSL seats for Steelers game as it has a big markup and will cover pre-season. So I have been checking daily for cheap seats to game, around two weeks ago I a pair of Mezz B seats with parking for $250 for game, that is below cost. They are so so seats, middle of aisle but under cover. I dont need parking so if I sell that for $40 I am down to $210 for a pair. And that is steelers game. Only Steelers, Pats and opening days seats are any good this year and even those three if you watch daily you can nail them at face even in PSL sections.
    Plus it is only May... If you are hell bent to go, pick them up day before or day of game. WSJ had an article a few weeks back on how dramatically tickets fall in price the closer you get to game day - and that statistic included teams that were actually any good...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I see those famous 142 row 30s on the aisle closer to the 50 are now $7k/each. Hadn't they gone as low as $5,500/each a week or so ago? Maybe the guy had to buy this season's tickets by the deadline so now he's selling them without that "obligation" and, therefore, asking more for them?

I was actually thinking of asking for the PSLs if he'd buy all the seats for this year (or my current ones) since I don't need 4 seats, so it would at least push that problem off a year for me. I guess that's effectively the case now that he's probably bought the seats for the season.

Still tempting. I guess my ideal situation...and maybe I'll offer this....is to give the dude my seats plus cash for his. But I'll probably wait for now and see what happens
    Our boy just lowered these again to $6500

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Daniel Snyder was the only owner dumb enough to sue season ticket holders who couldn't pay.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our boy just lowered these again to $6500
    He had them at $5,500 at one point and with sellers fee he only gets $10,450 at that price.

If I knew him straight up I would give him the $10,450 those seats are pretty almost on 30 yard line.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Plus it is only May... If you are hell bent to go, pick them up day before or day of game. WSJ had an article a few weeks back on how dramatically tickets fall in price the closer you get to game day - and that statistic included teams that were actually any good...
    +1. I went to 4 games last year - sat in the Club for 3 of them. I paid less than 1/2 face each time. I paid about $120 a ticket for opening day Club Seats and didn't pay more than $110 the other 3x. For the Cards game, I sat in the corner Mezz for about $60/tix.

As long as you aren't taking a client and are somewhat flexible as to where you want to sit (and don't mind doing the legwork on Sat/Sun. morning), you can do very well with tix.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    +1. I went to 4 games last year - sat in the Club for 3 of them. I paid less than 1/2 face each time. I paid about $120 a ticket for opening day Club Seats and didn't pay more than $110 the other 3x. For the Cards game, I sat in the corner Mezz for about $60/tix.

As long as you aren't taking a client and are somewhat flexible as to where you want to sit (and don't mind doing the legwork on Sat/Sun. morning), you can do very well with tix.
    and yet, the jets continue to degrade the club experience by selling green parking passes and such.

i suspect they are going to be in for a surprise when folks stop paying for these seats (after fully paying the PSL).

and the customers won't come back. (maybe for a few games a year).

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your continued support of the New York Jets. We wanted to offer you the opportunity to relocate your 300-level seats if you are interested. You will have the ability to view open inventory within the 300-level via an interactive online process. If you find a location you prefer over your current seats, you can simply select the new seats and drop your old ones. You also have the chance to add on additional seats to complement your current seats. Please note there is no guarantee that a better location will be available at the time you are able to view open inventory.

Your designated time to select your seats is: June 11, 2013 at 2:00PM

To select your new seats visit http://seatselection.seats3d.com/nfl...eat_selection/.

This website was built using our existing 3D seat viewer, so it may look familiar and should make it easy for you to upgrade at your convenience. We recommend that you familiarize yourself with the website by logging on up to one hour prior to your designated date and time, reading the instructions, watching the tutorial video and browsing your seating options. You can preview the tutorial video now by clicking here.

If you have any questions, please contact a Jets Representative at 800-469-JETS (5387).

Sincerely,
    The New York Jets

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your continued support of the New York Jets. We wanted to offer you the opportunity to relocate your 300-level seats if you are interested. You will have the ability to view open inventory within the 300-level via an interactive online process. If you find a location you prefer over your current seats, you can simply select the new seats and drop your old ones. You also have the chance to add on additional seats to complement your current seats. Please note there is no guarantee that a better location will be available at the time you are able to view open inventory.

To select your new seats visit http://seatselection.seats3d.com/nfl...eat_selection/.

This website was built using our existing 3D seat viewer, so it may look familiar and should make it easy for you to upgrade at your convenience. We recommend that you familiarize yourself with the website by logging on up to one hour prior to your designated date and time, reading the instructions, watching the tutorial video and browsing your seating options. You can preview the tutorial video now by clicking here.

If you have any questions, please contact a Jets Representative at 800-469-JETS (5387).

Sincerely,
    The New York Jets
    What a great way to do it. I wish they had this technology when I was a season ticket holder.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Sincerely,
    The New York Jets
    Good stuff! Keep us posted of what is available after your appt. I have to believe there will be plenty of locations available in the UD.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post

Nice...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb I know what you mean...

Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    and yet, the jets continue to degrade the club experience by selling green parking passes and such.

i suspect they are going to be in for a surprise when folks stop paying for these seats (after fully paying the PSL).

and the customers won't come back. (maybe for a few games a year).
    I think a good portion of club seat holders will look to relocate considering the value has been significantly diminished. The only way they can save value is if they remove last row seats so that we can watch the football field from inside or raise the floorboard another two feet. This maybe my final year at the club considering my dissent on how they are conducting business and the club experience to me has grown old and stagnant. At the very least give some cheerleaders or red shirt flight crew honeys greeting me by the elevator and give the look that she wants a sandwich.