Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up my PSL - Will Jets sue me?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Mezz A is a colossal disappointment. I'm glad I got out while I had the chance. Truth is that Mezz A will never be anything more than "end zone".

Mezz A corners are excellent.

When the cartilage in your knees gives out you'll appreciate the detriments of the lower level.

SAR I

Just say you didn't sign the contract.....kinda like this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYmO1fwEjB4

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    220A is a great location and this is a great season to sell your tickets. Home games:

Pittsburgh
    New England
    New Orleans
    Oakland
    Miami

You will average 2x face value for those seats, will offset some losses on the other games, you'll break even for the season. If you must sell your PSL, be smart, tread water until the Jets are good again, sell when the market goes back up.

SAR I
    As a Raider fan since that game on December 8 - late in the season . I'm betting the Jets record won't be that great at that point, and that's when i will probably look to buy my tickets to the game. (or be stuck using my brother-in law season tickets)

Can you say major sell off. Sunday Sept 8 TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS 1 pm FOX
    Thursday Sept 12 @ New England Patriots 8:25 pm NFLN
    Sunday Sept 22 BUFFALO BILLS 4:25 pm CBS
    Sunday Sept 29 @ Tennessee Titans 4:05 pm CBS
    Monday Oct 7 @ Atlanta Falcons 8:40 pm ESPN
    Sunday Oct 13 PITTSBURGH STEELERS 1 pm CBS
    Sunday Oct 20 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 1 pm CBS
    Sunday Oct 27 @ Cincinnati Bengals 4:05 pm CBS
    Sunday Nov 3 NEW ORLEANS SAINTS 1 pm FOX
    Sunday Nov 10 BYE WEEK
    Sunday Nov 17 @ Buffalo Bills 1 pm* CBS
    Sunday Nov 24 @ Baltimore Ravens 1 pm* CBS
    Sunday Dec 1 MIAMI DOLPHINS 1 pm* CBS
    Sunday Dec 8 OAKLAND RAIDERS 1 pm* CBS
    Sunday Dec 15 @ Carolina Panthers 4:05 pm* CBS
    Sunday Dec 22 CLEVELAND BROWNS 1 pm* CBS
    Sunday Dec 29 @ Miami Dolphins 1 pm* CBS

Having that game that late hurts Jet season ticket holders there. This game was early in the season(still high expectations) and you probably would be right Sar1 you could easily get 2x the ticket value. I seriously doubt it now. Only way it could backfire is if Geno Smith is just named the starter at that point. Might change what you can get,(jet fans want to see the future) but I expect Geno Smith to be playing a lot earlier than that. (novelty wore off)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 05-18-2013 at 05:52 AM.

Practice Squad
    As an ignorant Australian, how much do the PSLs cost?

By way of comparison, I pay roughly $850 for five reserved seats at the Melbourne Cricket Ground to see my AFL team, the Hawks, play six home games (should be seven, but that's another story) plus I have access to four more away games for free. Three of those seats are for children. I also get guaranteed access to tickets to the grand final (our Superbowl) if Hawthorn competes in the grand final. The Hawks did play in the grand final last season, so I reckon I spent about $2500 on tickets for me and my family to see the regular season games and the playoffs, including the grand final.

Jets Insider VIP
    Tickets cost from 50 dollars upper reaches of the UD per game to 700 per game for something called Coaches Club...50 YL lower level including free eats, field access and attending post game pressers

PSLs are a one time fee treated not as an expense on your balance sheet but as an asset which can appreciate or depreciate.

Psls run from zero for upper deck seats to 25-35000 for coaches club

Good values include high rows of LLEZ to Lower Sideline

Bad values include Mezz club seats and Mezz A and Mezz B seats, all high and all with end zone views miles away when the game is on the opposite end

UD prime sideline seats are a far better view than anything in the Mezz corners or endzone

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    As a Raider fan since that game on December 8 - late in the season . I'm betting the Jets record won't be that great at that point, and that's when i will probably look to buy my tickets to the game. (or be stuck using my brother-in law season tickets)

Can you say major sell off. Sunday Sept 8 TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS 1 pm FOX
    Thursday Sept 12 @ New England Patriots 8:25 pm NFLN
    Sunday Sept 22 BUFFALO BILLS 4:25 pm CBS
    Sunday Sept 29 @ Tennessee Titans 4:05 pm CBS
    Monday Oct 7 @ Atlanta Falcons 8:40 pm ESPN
    Sunday Oct 13 PITTSBURGH STEELERS 1 pm CBS
    Sunday Oct 20 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 1 pm CBS
    Sunday Oct 27 @ Cincinnati Bengals 4:05 pm CBS
    Sunday Nov 3 NEW ORLEANS SAINTS 1 pm FOX
    Sunday Nov 10 BYE WEEK
    Sunday Nov 17 @ Buffalo Bills 1 pm* CBS
    Sunday Nov 24 @ Baltimore Ravens 1 pm* CBS
    Sunday Dec 1 MIAMI DOLPHINS 1 pm* CBS
    Sunday Dec 8 OAKLAND RAIDERS 1 pm* CBS
    Sunday Dec 15 @ Carolina Panthers 4:05 pm* CBS
    Sunday Dec 22 CLEVELAND BROWNS 1 pm* CBS
    Sunday Dec 29 @ Miami Dolphins 1 pm* CBS

Having that game that late hurts Jet season ticket holders there. This game was early in the season(still high expectations) and you probably would be right Sar1 you could easily get 2x the ticket value. I seriously doubt it now. Only way it could backfire is if Geno Smith is just named the starter at that point. Might change what you can get,(jet fans want to see the future) but I expect Geno Smith to be playing a lot earlier than that. (novelty wore off)
    Hey, I've been meaning to ask you....any chance I sat next to you at the Colts/Jets game? This guy next to me seemed to be nice enough, admitted to being a Raiders fan (but was rooting for the Jets appropriately) and had a mancrush - almost to the point of obsession - on Chaz Schillens. Never thought to say....."Psst.....Raiders90210, right?"

It was in the Mezz Club, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Hey, I've been meaning to ask you....any chance I sat next to you at the Colts/Jets game? This guy next to me seemed to be nice enough, admitted to being a Raiders fan (but was rooting for the Jets appropriately) and had a mancrush - almost to the point of obsession - on Chaz Schillens. Never thought to say....."Psst.....Raiders90210, right?"

It was in the Mezz Club, btw.
    No unfortunately it wasn't me.( Must be one of the 5 members of Chaz Schillens fan club) I only go to the Jet games when the Raiders are playing the Jets. I have yet to be at new Stadium- Met Life. Looking forward to going to this game , as last time Jets played the raiders at home(been awhile) I couldn't make it. I'm not missing this game.

I have a couple of family members who are Jet season ticket holders and it should be fun at Thanksgiving this year. A lot of trash talking going on 10 days before I see them again- Met Life Stadium . Not to mention the Raiders are playing on Thanksgiving this year.
    So even if the two teams aren't where we hope they are at that point,. Believe me the game has meaning to me. Family pride is at stake, as it could get unbearable for the loser.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 05-18-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    As a Raider fan since that game on December 8 - late in the season . I'm betting the Jets record won't be that great at that point, and that's when i will probably look to buy my tickets to the game.

This game was early in the season(still high expectations) and you probably would be right Sar1 you could easily get 2x the ticket value. I seriously doubt it now.
    My tickets are on sale right now, not waiting until December to sell them.

I've got a great Father's Day Gift in June and a prime location to anchor any "Weekend Game Package" for fans flying in from Oakland.

First Row, $250, Mezzanine, it's all good.

I sold my Cleveland Browns tickets at face value the second day they were listed. 1 down, 7 to go.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Jet View Post
    As an ignorant Australian, how much do the PSLs cost?

By way of comparison, I pay roughly $850 for five reserved seats at the Melbourne Cricket Ground to see my AFL team, the Hawks, play six home games (should be seven, but that's another story) plus I have access to four more away games for free. Three of those seats are for children. I also get guaranteed access to tickets to the grand final (our Superbowl) if Hawthorn competes in the grand final. The Hawks did play in the grand final last season, so I reckon I spent about $2500 on tickets for me and my family to see the regular season games and the playoffs, including the grand final.
    Only the $700/seat/game have a chance to attend our superbowl, regardless of whether the jets are in it or not, and only if it is played in our stadium. So with my $30k psl investment and loyal attendance over the years in mere $125/seat/game seats I'm guaranteed to be watching Brittney or some other non-football dckhead rub their un-pantied nasties all over my seat from my couch at home.

I've got a great Father's Day Gift in June and a prime location to anchor any "Weekend Game Package" for fans flying in from Oakland.

I sold my Cleveland Browns tickets at face value the second day they were listed. 1 down, 7 to go.

SAR I
    Whom do you use to sell? Thinking of parting with my cleveland tix....am I better to do ebay and include the parking? stubhub? nfl ticket exchange?

Hall Of Fame
    so it has come to selling your seats for good teams, and enjoying a couple of pre-season games - along with the likes of Buffalo and Oakland regular season contests.

investment gold

Not at all. You'll be fine.

Practice Squad

SAR I
    I will be stunned if you get 250.00 a pop for the Raiders game.

I hope you do, because if you can get 500.00 for a pair, then there hope for me to move my LL tix

Besides the Cleveland game that you sold for face, that's it ?
    Last edited by Mickey Shuler; 05-18-2013 at 01:10 PM.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by bobr68 View Post
    Whom do you use to sell? Thinking of parting with my cleveland tix....am I better to do ebay and include the parking? stubhub? nfl ticket exchange?
    Stubhub.

If you have two seats, include parking. If you have 4 seats, sell the parking separately.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    so it has come to selling your seats for good teams, and enjoying a couple of pre-season games - along with the likes of Buffalo and Oakland regular season contests.

investment gold
    Over the course of 30 years, any NFL fanbase would consider themselves lucky to be competitive for a division title or a wildcard 50% of the time.

2013 is one of those "nope" years. Now, normally, I'd get behind a young rebuilding team, watch us slowly improve, feel really vested in 2017 when we're ready to roll again. But I cannot get behind this team this year because Rex Ryan is still on the sidelines and he's our problem.

So in this type of environment, where I'm committed to $200,000 in those 30 years, with 15 of those years going to be a disappointment, and with a team that I cannot support wholeheartedly because of its HC, I'm going to sell what I can to fans of enemy teams and hope to break even this season. I'll still go to an occasional game, might even check out Coaches Club or Mezz Club when the prices really rock-bottom in October.

The strategy to sell my very good 1st row seats at top dollar in a bad year with a strong home schedule is one of the reasons I bought them. Conversely, whether we go 2-14 or 14-2, with the right HC and the right GM leading us in the right direction, I'll be there with bells on.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shuler View Post
    I will be stunned if you get 250.00 a pop for the Raiders game.

I hope you do, because if you can get 500.00 for a pair, then there hope for me to move my LL tix

Besides the Cleveland game that you sold for face, that's it ?
    Yeah, so far only Cleveland at face sold.

The rest I have listed at 2x or 3x face value, trying to hit a home run here pre-Father's Day to some Steelers, Saints, Patriots, Raiders, or Dolphins fan. After that, I'll adjust pricing to 1.5x and 2.5x and see how we ride through the summer.

SAR I

Yeah, so far only Cleveland at face sold.

The rest I have listed at 2x or 3x face value, trying to hit a home run here pre-Father's Day to some Steelers, Saints, Patriots, Raiders, or Dolphins fan. After that, I'll adjust pricing to 1.5x and 2.5x and see how we ride through the summer.

SAR I
    When you say "face"...is that $125/ticket selling price or do you clear $125?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by bobr68 View Post
    When you say "face"...is that $125/ticket selling price or do you clear $125?
    Depends.

I'll list at $125 (face) for a game like the Browns, will add the Stubhub fees and make the seller pay at like $138 for a game like the Bills, will just double face and list at $250 for a big game like the Steelers or opening day.

SAR I

How many here actually bought in before the psl prices were slashed? For those that already paid in full what did the Jets offer to do with the credit you had?

All Pro
    Damn shame so many got the short end of the stick with these PSL'S. The U.S. Tennis Association is stealing up Park land at Flushing Meadow Park for a once a year event, land the Jets could have easly had at a Bargin basement price to build their own stadium along side the Mets. Woody's biggest mistake was getting talked into sharing with the Giants, could have built a stadium his way, and sold out every game close to the Jets long time die hard fan base.