Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up my PSL - Will Jets sue me?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Ever hear of Gillette Stadium?
    Sure.

That's not a new stadium, deal negotiated in 1998, construction started in 2000.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Sure.

That's not a new stadium, deal negotiated in 1998, construction started in 2000.

SAR I
    Yes, the entire world has changed since then.

The Jets aren't in the financing business.

They have already sold the receivables to a third party finance company. That company paid a discount on the receivables, based on an assumption about how many people will default.

If you cease payments, you will start to receive notices from the finance company. If you ignore those, you will be referred to a collection agency. If you ignore the collection agency, the finance company will determine if the amount you owe is worth pursuing in court. In this case, probably not. But, you never know, they may decide to make an example out of you. It's up to them. Most likely, they will just write it off as a loss.

But, in the meantime, your credit history will be ****ed for a period of about seven years.

Certainly the people of Connecticut have changed their opinions of Bob Kraft. He duped them in order to get the Foxboro deal he wanted.

Hey, but I'd take Kraft over Woody in a heartbeat. So there you go.

April PSL sales

Apr-13 4 Mezzanine End Zone A 245A 3 -- $3,700 $925
    Apr-13 2 Lower Level Sideline 116 26 -- $8,875 $4,438
    Apr-13 2 Mezzanine End Zone B 203B 6 -- $600 $300

$600 for a pair in Mezz B. Ouch.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Since Foxboro opened for business, 7 teams have new stadiums, 5 of them have PSL's (SEA, PHI, DAL, NYG, NYJ) and 2 do not (IND, ARI). 2 stadiums that opened the same year as Foxboro also have PSL's (HOU, PITT).

If you're in a tiny market, looks like you don't dare go down the the PSL road. All others, you do.

SAR I

Since Foxboro opened for business, 7 teams have new stadiums, 5 of them have PSL's (SEA, PHI, DAL, NYG, NYJ) and 2 do not (IND, ARI). 2 stadiums that opened the same year as Foxboro also have PSL's (HOU, PITT).

If you're in a tiny market, looks like you don't dare go down the the PSL road. All others, you do.

SAR I
    But only Jets/Giants attempted to sell almost 170,000 PSLs in one shot.

Jets backed off by making 27,000 seats PSL free. And only Jets/Giants attempted this in the 2008/2009 time period which was the greatest recession since the great depression.

We have a huge market. But Jets/Giants attempted a huge sale. So it evens out vs a tiny market.

SAR I
    You said "It is completely naive to think that a new NFL stadium would be built without PSL's as part of the process."

Now you are saying 3 of 8 were not. So obviously its not naive, in fact its clearly possible.

Are you changing your view?
    Last edited by FF2; 05-20-2013 at 12:52 PM.

All League

Red face

You said "It is completely naive to think that a new NFL stadium would be built without PSL's as part of the process."

Now you are saying 3 of 8 were not. So obviously its not naive, in fact its clearly possible.

They didn't need psl's because taxpayers paid for most of the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Express View Post
    The Jets aren't in the financing business.

They have already sold the receivables to a third party finance company. That company paid a discount on the receivables, based on an assumption about how many people will default.

If you cease payments, you will start to receive notices from the finance company. If you ignore those, you will be referred to a collection agency. If you ignore the collection agency, the finance company will determine if the amount you owe is worth pursuing in court. In this case, probably not. But, you never know, they may decide to make an example out of you. It's up to them. Most likely, they will just write it off as a loss.

But, in the meantime, your credit history will be ****ed for a period of about seven years.
    Absolute Baloney.

Your credit score is based on a weighted scale with certain types of loans given more weight than others.

If you pay the following on time and your debt to income ratio is not off the scale you will always maintain good credit

Mortgage
    Car Payments
    Credit cards issued by major banks
    Student loans

Things that carry little weight

Medical bills
    Utility bills
    Credit issued by stand alone entities (This is where a PSL would probably fall)

Will you get collection notices? Maybe
    Will your credit be ruined if this is your ONLY default? No.

Quote Originally Posted by lorwood View Post
    Absolute Baloney.

Your credit score is based on a weighted scale with certain types of loans given more weight than others.

If you pay the following on time and your debt to income ratio is not off the scale you will always maintain good credit

Mortgage
    Car Payments
    Credit cards issued by major banks
    Student loans

Things that carry little weight

Medical bills
    Utility bills
    Credit issued by stand alone entities (This is where a PSL would probably fall)

Will you get collection notices? Maybe
    Will your credit be ruined if this is your ONLY default? No.
    you are correct. Medical bills, particularly hospital bills for copays, are last on my list. Never late on car/mortgage or other secured loans.

Jets Insider VIP

Kraft didn't need PSLs because 1).he first ripped off Connecticut and then Mass for handouts and because he didn't give a **** about his loyal fans having to commute on a one lane country road, pay 50.bucks to park in rat infested garbage dumps, walk up and down antiquated ramps and still pay the highest game day prices in the NFL

F you fans, Mira and I.are gonna make a killing

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    They didn't need psl's because taxpayers paid for most of the bill.
    That's just not true. The only public monies spent were on road and access improvements. Not one public dollar went into the stadium itself. In fact, Kraft schooled much of the league on how to best privately finance an NFL stadium. Almost 40% of the total price tag was paid for by naming rights and sponsorship deals alone.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Kraft didn't need PSLs because 1).he first ripped off Connecticut and then Mass for handouts and because he didn't give a **** about his loyal fans having to commute on a one lane country road, pay 50.bucks to park in rat infested garbage dumps, walk up and down antiquated ramps and still pay the highest game day prices in the NFL

F you fans, Mira and I.are gonna make a killing
    Big surprise, you hate Foxboro. At least you stopped claiming the parking lots aren't paved. What makes the expansive lots any more of a dump than those at the Swamp? Parking's $40 in most lots, and $30 in many private lots, just like the Swamp. And the whole CT. situation was Kraft trying to leverage a deal to build a stadium on Boston's waterfront, NOT Foxboro. And wasn't it last year when tickets to the Swamp became higher than Foxboro, and that's not including a laughable PSLs? Talk about F-ing over the fans.

Hate on Skippy. Just try to get your facts straight and stop making sh it up.

BTW, what makes a ramp antiquated anyway? They cease helping people walk up or down?

Late to this thread, and paid for my PSLs up-front....but what is the interest rate on a 15 year PSL payment plan with minimum amount down?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

No.

I am saying that besides Foxboro, 7 of the last 9 NFL teams with new stadiums have PSL's and that the 49ers have licenses already in place for their new facility as well.

As I said, if you have a tiny market filled with hicks you don't dare institute a PSL, you just pray you have enough blue collar workers to afford the gameday tickets. Do not forget that the Patriots tickets are more expensive than the Jets tickets and are roughly the same when amortizing the PSL's we pay for a similar location. We all pay. Jets fans have a license that may appreciate over time. Patriots fans just pay more. Your standard of living is 10-15% lower too.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 05-20-2013 at 06:00 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    That's just not true. The only public monies spent were on road and access improvements. Not one public dollar went into the stadium itself. In fact, Kraft schooled much of the league on how to best privately finance an NFL stadium. Almost 40% of the total price tag was paid for by naming rights and sponsorship deals alone.

Big surprise, you hate Foxboro. At least you stopped claiming the parking lots aren't paved. What makes the expansive lots any more of a dump than those at the Swamp? Parking's $40 in most lots, and $30 in many private lots, just like the Swamp. And the whole CT. situation was Kraft trying to leverage a deal to build a stadium on Boston's waterfront, NOT Foxboro. And wasn't it last year when tickets to the Swamp became higher than Foxboro, and that's not including a laughable PSLs? Talk about F-ing over the fans.

Hate on Skippy. Just try to get your facts straight and stop making sh it up.

BTW, what makes a ramp antiquated anyway? They cease helping people walk up or down?
    Both the Indiana and the Arizona stadiums were built without psl's because the taxpayers paid for most of the stadiums. Look it up.

Kraft didn't charge a psl, but jacked up the price of tickets so that the cost of the stadium was built into the price of the tickets. Just like my psl costs me about $20 per game extra, Pats fans paid extra for the stadium.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Both the Indiana and the Arizona stadiums were built without psl's because the taxpayers paid for most of the stadiums. Look it up.

Kraft didn't charge a psl, but jacked up the price of tickets so that the cost of the stadium was built into the price of the tickets. Just like my psl costs me about $20 per game extra, Pats fans paid extra for the stadium.
    Bingo.

A Jets Mezz A seat is $125 + $13 PSL = $138

A Patriots Mezz Corner seat is $117 + $18 Cost Of Living Variance = $135

SAR I

Its a great investment, hold on to them. Buy more while they are still low.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    you are correct. Medical bills, particularly hospital bills for copays, are last on my list. Never late on car/mortgage or other secured loans.
    I've had patients wanting to settle accounts call me years after a debt was due because they were looking to clean up their credit. I'm not sure about the ranking and maybe it doesn't affect the score as much as bank debt, but having a collection note due from a dr. does affect your credit score.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    I've had patients wanting to settle accounts call me years after a debt was due because they were looking to clean up their credit. I'm not sure about the ranking and maybe it doesn't affect the score as much as bank debt, but having a collection note due from a dr. does affect your credit score.
    So does a court judgement.