Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up my PSL - Will Jets sue me?

Giving up my PSL - Will Jets sue me?

I have seats in Row 2 of Section 220a, next to the "club seats". These are great seats, but I don't want to keep renewing and taking a big loss on my tickets, so i am considering walking away and just not renewing, and forefeiting my PSL, which I originally purchased on the 15-year payment plan. Will the Jets let me just walk away, or will they sue me for the balance of the PSL? Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks in advance.

I really don't get why people buy that stuff.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by fortmeister View Post
    I have seats in Row 2 of Section 220a, next to the "club seats". These are great seats, but I don't want to keep renewing and taking a big loss on my tickets, so i am considering walking away and just not renewing, and forefeiting my PSL, which I originally purchased on the 15-year payment plan. Will the Jets let me just walk away, or will they sue me for the balance of the PSL? Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks in advance.
    if you owe the jets on your psl, i would not be surprised if they sued you for breaking your contract. i'm not sure if there has been any cases yet involving the Jets, but other teams have sued their fans who've backed out of PSL deals.

Thanks in advance.
    202a seat row 2 by where Jets come out in the corner next to club seats only have a 125 face. How could you lose big money? Big games for like $230 a ticket.

Better solution might be wait till the second game of pre-season and call up Jets and snag best seats left in $50 dollar section and sit up there rest of season and sell your Mezz A seats.

BTW when is the next PSL payment due? I paid mine off as 8% was crazy interest. I no longer keep track of due dates.

I know season ticket money was due May 15 and if you dont pay that by August you are in default just for that

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway

Thanks in advance.
    Dont know the legal term, but how much do you own? Home? Car?
    I think there is a certain point that litigation becomes a non viable option.

A close peep owes over 150k to the irs, but this peep doesnt have anything for them to take, nor garnish.
    Been years, and it doesnt look like he is getting any prison time either.

Sure its case dependent.

Good luck. Dont let the man intimidate you.

Thanks in advance.
    i'll buy it from you for $500.

counter sue for pain and suffering

Would be surprised if they actually sue you. PR nightmare. You can be sure though they will thoroughly screw your credit over

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post

Lol!!!! Brilliant!!!

Call and talk to them about it. They are not in the business of screwing fans or maliciously hurting people. You may be able to work a deal where they sell the seats for you.

Have you explored selling them? I think there are web sites dedicated to selling PSLs, like stub hub, or maybe you can even do it on stub hub. Can't hurt to see if you can get a few bucks back.

Hall Of Fame
    Sorry about your situation.

I think you got into PSLs for the wrong reason. Being able to sell your unwanted seats should be a perk, not a necessity.

I agree with Newton, you should contact the Jets and see if they can sell them for you or move you to another section. Give them a nice sob story.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Dont know the legal term, but how much do you own? Home? Car?
    I think there is a certain point that litigation becomes a non viable option.

A close peep owes over 150k to the irs, but this peep doesnt have anything for them to take, nor garnish.
    Been years, and it doesnt look like he is getting any prison time either.

Sure its case dependent.

Good luck. Don't let the man intimidate you.
    Chuck Norris is the perfect avatar for this post

Thanks in advance.
    Mezz A is a colossal disappointment. I'm glad I got out while I had the chance. Truth is that Mezz A will never be anything more than "end zone".

Investment gold.

Aisle seats? If so, PM me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post

All League

Thanks in advance.
    Row 2 in that section are good value seats. You could probably find a buyer for what you owe.

If I didn't have a second child coming in September, I would make you an offer.

Can they sue you? Yes.
    Will they? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Row 2 in that section are good value seats. You could probably find a buyer for what you owe.

If I didn't have a second child coming in September, I would make you an offer.

Can they sue you? Yes.
    Will they? I doubt it.
    Yeah while 1 data point does not a proof make, one of my old buddies walked away before his first psl payment was due and they never came after him. This was for two mezz a seats. So at least 1 guy walked away without being sued. Lost the deposit he paid and the right to those seats, of course. But nothing else so far and it's been a while at this point

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Thanks in advance.
    220A is a great location and this is a great season to sell your tickets. Home games:

Pittsburgh
    New England
    New Orleans
    Oakland
    Miami

You will average 2x face value for those seats, will offset some losses on the other games, you'll break even for the season. If you must sell your PSL, be smart, tread water until the Jets are good again, sell when the market goes back up.

SAR I