Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 226

Thread: Giving up my PSL - Will Jets sue me?

  1. #81
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    675
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    I've had patients wanting to settle accounts call me years after a debt was due because they were looking to clean up their credit. I'm not sure about the ranking and maybe it doesn't affect the score as much as bank debt, but having a collection note due from a dr. does affect your credit score.
    Thats because they also defaulted or were behind on their other more weighted obligations so the only way to clean up is to pay off all of their debt. The major credit bureaus understand that medical insurance companies are less than reliable and in most cases give themselves up to one year to pay.

    Somebody who is current on their mortgage, car loans, student loans and credit cards but are round filing the dentist bill will have credit good enough to get the best available rate. (As long as the debt to income ratio is ok)

  2. #82
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,403
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lorwood View Post
    Thats because they also defaulted or were behind on their other more weighted obligations so the only way to clean up is to pay off all of their debt. The major credit bureaus understand that medical insurance companies are less than reliable and in most cases give themselves up to one year to pay.

    Somebody who is current on their mortgage, car loans, student loans and credit cards but are round filing the dentist bill will have credit good enough to get the best available rate. (As long as the debt to income ratio is ok)
    Be sure to pass this critical information along to all of QJF's patients.

  3. #83
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    189
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotch View Post
    Late to this thread, and paid for my PSLs up-front....but what is the interest rate on a 15 year PSL payment plan with minimum amount down?
    10% down...5 years at 6.5% or 15 years @ 8%. when I got mine from the jets last summer, they gave me first year with no interest....I paid 1/2 off and put the other half on a 18 mos 0% interest credit card...voila, 2.5 years at 0%.

  4. #84
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    They didn't need psl's because taxpayers paid for most of the bill.
    um. Check your facts.

  5. #85
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,629
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Certainly the people of Connecticut have changed their opinions of Bob Kraft. He duped them in order to get the Foxboro deal he wanted.

    Hey, but I'd take Kraft over Woody in a heartbeat. So there you go.
    What deal, he got no deal from Mass. Not one dime. I don't know what you are talking about. The only thing the state gave him was a on ramp to route 1. The state paid up front 112 mill for infrastructure that he is paying back in full by giving 1/2 of the parking reciepts for the next 25 years.

    Likewise the same with the bruins. Not a dime for the new garden. When the sox made some noise they were also immediately shot down. one of the very few times i was proud of the state goverment.
    Last edited by patman; 05-20-2013 at 09:03 PM.

  6. #86
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Bingo.

    A Jets Mezz A seat is $125 + $13 PSL = $138

    A Patriots Mezz Corner seat is $117 + $18 Cost Of Living Variance = $135

    SAR I
    LOL, cost of living variance. You're a hoot.

    meanwhile I paid Zero upfront so I can walk away without losing a penny and that money I didn't give to Krafty earns interest for decades for me, not him.

  7. #87
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    LOL, cost of living variance. You're a hoot.

    meanwhile I paid Zero upfront so I can walk away without losing a penny and that money I didn't give to Krafty earns interest for decades for me, not him.
    He still have enough cash to bribe zebras.

  8. #88
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    He still have enough cash to bribe zebras.
    Krafty still has bar mitzvah money RG, you know that.

  9. #89
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    um. Check your facts.
    [The total cost of Lucas Oil Stadium was $720 million. The stadium is being financed with funds raised by the State of Indiana and the City of Indianapolis, with the Indianapolis Colts providing $100 million. Marion County has raised taxes for food and beverage sales, auto rental taxes, innkeeper's taxes, and admission taxes for its share of the costs. Meanwhile, there has been an increase in food and beverage taxes in the eight surrounding doughnut counties (with the exception of Morgan County) and the sale of Colts license plates.] source Wikipedia.

    [The cost of the project was $455 million. That total included $395.4 million for the stadium, $41.7 million for site improvements, and $17.8 million for the land. Contributors to the stadium included the Arizona Sports and Tourism Authority ($302.3 million), the Arizona Cardinals ($143.2 million), and the City of Glendale ($9.5 million).]

    Thus both stadiums were largely paid for by taxpayers in place of psl holders.

  10. #90
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,629
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Bingo.

    A Jets Mezz A seat is $125 + $13 PSL = $138

    A Patriots Mezz Corner seat is $117 + $18 Cost Of Living Variance = $135

    SAR I
    Please the pats have what- 3000 seats in that range, while 75% of the same price jets tickets are directly behind the playing field. the tickets I share are 169 a piece and the jets are 2x that.

  11. #91
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    What deal, he got no deal from Mass. Not one dime. I don't know what you are talking about. The only thing the state gave him was a on ramp to route 1. The state paid up front 112 mill for infrastructure that he is paying back in full by giving 1/2 of the parking reciepts for the next 25 years.

    Likewise the same with the bruins. Not a dime for the new garden. When the sox made some noise they were also immediately shot down. one of the very few times i was proud of the state goverment.
    As bad as psl's are, I hate that teams have been able to extort some local govt into subsidizing new buildings. I hate the NY Yankees but i had to help pay for the House that Greed built when I was a NYC resident. For better or worse, I bought my psl voluntarily.

  12. #92
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Krafty still has bar mitzvah money RG, you know that.
    I am sure he married into way more money then this.

  13. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Bingo.

    A Jets Mezz A seat is $125 + $13 PSL = $138

    A Patriots Mezz Corner seat is $117 + $18 Cost Of Living Variance = $135

    SAR I

    What bingo?

    "Cost of Living Variance?" WTF do you come up with these things. The 2013 price of a Mezz A corner at Gillette is $117 in today's dollars. For the same seats for the Jets it's $138 including the PSL. So how did Kraft work the PSL into the ticket price again?

  14. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Please the pats have what- 3000 seats in that range, while 75% of the same price jets tickets are directly behind the playing field. the tickets I share are 169 a piece and the jets are 2x that.
    Plus a $20k PSL per seat.

    Just curious SAR, how many hot dogs does that equate to?

  15. #95
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    What bingo?

    "Cost of Living Variance?" WTF do you come up with these things. The 2013 price of a Mezz A corner at Gillette is $117 in today's dollars. For the same seats for the Jets it's $138 including the PSL. So how did Kraft work the PSL into the ticket price again?
    Because of the cheaper stadium construction ($325m) and the 10 years of payments they have collected from their sth's, the price increase they foisted on their STH's can be smaller than the Jets share of MetLife.

    Sar is right:
    1) psl's are merely prepaid price increases
    2) STH's (or taxpayers) pay for most new buildings one way or the other.

  16. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    [The total cost of Lucas Oil Stadium was $720 million. The stadium is being financed with funds raised by the State of Indiana and the City of Indianapolis, with the Indianapolis Colts providing $100 million. Marion County has raised taxes for food and beverage sales, auto rental taxes, innkeeper's taxes, and admission taxes for its share of the costs. Meanwhile, there has been an increase in food and beverage taxes in the eight surrounding doughnut counties (with the exception of Morgan County) and the sale of Colts license plates.] source Wikipedia.

    [The cost of the project was $455 million. That total included $395.4 million for the stadium, $41.7 million for site improvements, and $17.8 million for the land. Contributors to the stadium included the Arizona Sports and Tourism Authority ($302.3 million), the Arizona Cardinals ($143.2 million), and the City of Glendale ($9.5 million).]
    Thus both stadiums were largely paid for by taxpayers in place of psl holders.
    Look at that. For less than 1/3 of the cost to build the Can in the Swamp, Arizona got not only a retractable roof, but a natural grass retractable FIELD!

    And the two stadiums you cite are completely different in their scope. Lucas is indeed a boondoggle on the back of the taxpayers. U of AZ. is the state school, so it makes perfect sense for a state authority to fit the bill. The funding is primarily from hotel and car-rental fees which presumably has little effect on the local populace, and even at that, the Cardinals paid 1/3 of the cost.

  17. #97
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,358
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    LOL, cost of living variance. You're a hoot.

    meanwhile I paid Zero upfront so I can walk away without losing a penny and that money I didn't give to Krafty earns interest for decades for me, not him.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    What bingo?

    "Cost of Living Variance?" WTF do you come up with these things. The 2013 price of a Mezz A corner at Gillette is $117 in today's dollars. For the same seats for the Jets it's $138 including the PSL. So how did Kraft work the PSL into the ticket price again?


    The cost of living difference between Manhattan and Boston is 59%.

    If you make $100K in Boston, it's the equivalent of making $159K in Manhattan.

    Patriots Mezz A seats cost $117.00. Jets Mezz A seats w/PSL cost $138.00.

    For the standard of living differential in Boston, the $138.00 Jets price should become a $82.00 ticket for a Patriots game to have the same relative value. Instead, you pay $117.00.

    For the standard of living differential in Manhattan, the $117.00 Patriots price should become a $186.00 for a Jets game to have the same relative value. Instead, we pay $138.00.

    Translation: The Jets tickets, even with the PSL, are cheap compared to the rip off going on in Boston. You're paying way more than we are, and you don't even have a PSL to fall back on, one that since 2002 would have escalated in value markedly.

    Stick to picking on Rex Ryan, leave the finances to the New Yorkers.

    SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 05-20-2013 at 10:18 PM.

  18. #98
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,358
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Look at that. For less than 1/3 of the cost to build the Can in the Swamp, Arizona got not only a retractable roof, but a natural grass retractable FIELD!

    And the two stadiums you cite are completely different in their scope. Lucas is indeed a boondoggle on the back of the taxpayers. U of AZ. is the state school, so it makes perfect sense for a state authority to fit the bill. The funding is primarily from hotel and car-rental fees which presumably has little effect on the local populace, and even at that, the Cardinals paid 1/3 of the cost.


    ...that's because its more than 2x as expensive to live in Phoenix than it is in New York.

    Get ready for a shocker. You sitting down? Here we go: It's cheaper to make Polo shirts in China than it is in the United States, it's cheaper to live in Arkansas than California. Calm down. Catch your breath. It's going to be okay.

    SAR I

  19. #99
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post


    The cost of living difference between Manhattan and Boston is 59%.

    If you make $100K in Boston, it's the equivalent of making $159K in Manhattan.

    Patriots Mezz A seats cost $117.00. Jets Mezz A seats w/PSL cost $138.00.

    For the standard of living differential in Boston, the $138.00 Jets price should become a $82.00 ticket for a Patriots game to have the same relative value. Instead, you pay $117.00.

    For the standard of living differential in Manhattan, the $117.00 Patriots price should become a $186.00 for a Jets game to have the same relative value. Instead, we pay $138.00.

    Translation: The Jets tickets, even with the PSL, are cheap compared to the rip off going on in Boston. You're paying way more than we are, and you don't even have a PSL to fall back on, one that since 2002 would have escalated in value markedly.

    Stick to picking on Rex Ryan, leave the finances to the New Yorkers.

    SAR I
    So attendees at in East Rutherford llive in Manhattan and attendees at Foxboro live in Boston?

    You know better than that.

    What happened to it not being an investment and just entertainment any way?

  20. #100
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    I have a lawyer who can get anyone off who defaults on his PSL. Just use the insanity defense. You have to be insane to be a Jet Fan and even more insane to buy a PSL.
    I'd suggest the chewbacca defense

    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...46751780,d.dmg

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us