Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Giving up my PSL - Will Jets sue me?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by HOTROD View Post
    I think a good portion of club seat holders will look to relocate considering the value has been significantly diminished. The only way they can save value is if they remove last row seats so that we can watch the football field from inside or raise the floorboard another two feet. This maybe my final year at the club considering my dissent on how they are conducting business and the club experience to me has grown old and stagnant. At the very least give some cheerleaders or red shirt flight crew honeys greeting me by the elevator and give the look that she wants a sandwich.
    The biggest killer of the club section, imo, the the game day ticket price. I'm a broken record on this, but the price *should* include a concession credit for the food and drink in the club sections. Would prop up resale value as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Our boy just lowered these again to $6500
    I am going to throw down a few beers and make the guy an offer this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    and yet, the jets continue to degrade the club experience by selling green parking passes and such.

i suspect they are going to be in for a surprise when folks stop paying for these seats (after fully paying the PSL).

and the customers won't come back. (maybe for a few games a year).
    I wouldn't be surprised to see some people walk away from the seats and just pay off the PSL balance.

I don't have club seats so I do not know as much but I once parked there for a tailgate competition and I never saw the special club seat special entrance and exit lane they had bragged about as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see some people walk away from the seats and just pay off the PSL balance.

I don't have club seats so I do not know as much but I once parked there for a tailgate competition and I never saw the special club seat special entrance and exit lane they had bragged about as well.
    I dont think Club seats have any value. For instance the Dec 22 game I may go to and if I did would want Club Seats. On-line I saw someone willing to sell a pair with parking for $300. So I bought them. Section 210. That is half price for that section. Sure it is a stinker end of season game. But fact of matter it is a regular season game. So person eats two preseason and end of year. Those pair of seats are $6,000 a year just for tickets. That is crazy.

Why pay a PSL to pay $295 a ticket. MY friends mid-teens 142 PSL towards 140 I get. He shelled out 10K for right to buy seats below market. But shelling out a PSL to pay full market or above makes no sense.

At best the row one corner clubs at $195 and $255 a ticket are only seats that even have as shot at breaking even. Except for those sliver corners in the clubs as those are just mezz A seats in my opinion, That row one is only two seats and basically a thin wall between them and someone like SAR>

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    I dont think Club seats have any value. For instance the Dec 22 game I may go to and if I did would want Club Seats. On-line I saw someone willing to sell a pair with parking for $300. So I bought them. Section 210. That is half price for that section. Sure it is a stinker end of season game. But fact of matter it is a regular season game. So person eats two preseason and end of year. Those pair of seats are $6,000 a year just for tickets. That is crazy.
    Is there any other sports franchise with a faster downfall than us in this regard? If there is one, I haven't heard of it. It really makes me sad and p*sses me off at the same time because this has been my team since I was 10 years old ('68). You want to make the investment and a lot of fellow fans did and got their *sses kicked in the process. We have to hold out hope that we can somehow turn things around soon, become respectable and restore some pride in our team. Winning will cure all ills. The Giants have some crazy numbers for their Club seats as well but I don't hear the same comments coming from their fan base.
    Last edited by Flushing Roots; 06-07-2013 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Is there any other sport's franchise with a faster downfall than us in this regard? If there is one, I haven't heard of it. It really makes me sad and p*sses me off at the same time because this has been my team since I was 10 years old ('68). You want to make the investment and a lot of fellow fans did and got their *sses kicked in the process. We have to hold out hope that we can somehow turn things around soon, become respectable and restore some pride in our team. Winning will cure all ills. The Giants have some crazy numbers for their Club seats as well but I don't hear the same comments coming from their fan base.
    Only Giants PSLs going below face are Mezz Clubs and Mezz B. Who would pay 4k for Mezz B is beyond me when Giants in secondary you can buy a good lower row UD Sideline PSL for 2k.

Jets have same problem but multiplied. Club seats are overvalued and Mezz B is a worse view than the free UD sideline seats. Heck one can call up and sit in section 343 row 13 for $75 bucks. Who would pay 4k for a PSL and $120 a ticket to sit in Mezz B which is a worse view.