Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up my PSL - Will Jets sue me?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    The guy who spending 700 a game on tickets versus your 9 bucks probably makes 10x what u (and I) do. He might be an idiot and a. Slob but he's not poor
    Sad part is it's probably the Jets unloading them out the back door like they usually do on stubhub.

If someone had a $700 game ticket they'd get more money back by donating it to charity then unloading it at $9.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    Sad part is it's probably the Jets unloading them out the back door like they usually do on stubhub.

If someone had a $700 game ticket they'd get more money back by donating it to charity then unloading it at $9.
    They were talking about getting the chepo seats for nine bucks.

Most likely the 700seats are in business name.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by abs9940 View Post
    You know way too much about the stadium. You are a very strange and peculiar man.
    I check stocks, bonds, real estate prices and PSL prices. that website seasonticket rights give historical data biweekly and shows marked down prices in red. Not really doing any research, just looking at them like stock tables.

I find it amazing that PSLs in 2009 that were 5k each, then marked down by Jets to 2.5K each are now selling for $500 bucks each and with fees guy is really getting $400 each.

It means to me in some sections we may see fully paid off PSLs where people walk away something I thought would never happen

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    I find it amazing that PSLs in 2009 that were 5k each, then marked down by Jets to 2.5K each are now selling for $500 bucks each and with fees guy is really getting $400 each.

It means to me in some sections we may see fully paid off PSLs where people walk away something I thought would never happen
    We call this "investment gold."

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    We call this "investment gold."
    SAR was telling the truth. Have you checked the price of Gold the last few months, just put it on a chart next to PSL prices and it proves PSLs are investment gold

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    The guy who spending 700 a game on tickets versus your 9 bucks probably makes 10x what u (and I) do. He might be an idiot and a. Slob but he's not poor
    I meant "poor" in the figurative sense.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you go on ebay you'll see a guy selling a total of 18 psl's for 50k....investment gold!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I don't support Rex Ryan, don't want to sit there and watch his lifeless team go 1-7 at home, thank you. It's been 12 seasons since I wrote one off like this, will likely be another 12 before it happens again. I'm allowed to take a year off every 24 I think. Yeah, that sounds right.

Steelers fans, Patriots fans, Saints fans, Dolphins fans, Raiders fans, and even Browns fans (SOLD), find my seats very desirable, will pay 2x face value to sit in them for the guaranteed win on the road.

SAR I
    It has to be beyond upsetting that a Jets championship is the one thing in this world that money can't buy. The Yankees have a down year? No problem. Just buy the best pitcher or hitter on the market. Sooner or later, another championship occurs and it's more t-shirts and caps for you and the kids. It's that easy.

With the Jets, not so easy. They have to make great decisions and experience a lot of luck for those t-shirts and caps.

I understand selling those tickets. PSLs are investment intended for happiness, and the Jets don't bring that. Makes sense to at least get a temporary return from that currently failing investment.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 05-25-2013 at 02:04 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    It has to be beyond upsetting that a Jets championship is the one thing in this world that money can't buy. The Yankees have a down year? No problem. Just buy the best pitcher or hitter on the market. Sooner or later, another championship occurs and it's more t-shirts and caps for you and the kids. It's that easy.

With the Jets, not so easy. They have to make great decisions and experience a lot of luck for those t-shirts and caps.

I understand selling those tickets. PSLs are investment intended for happiness, and the Jets don't bring that. Makes sense to at least get a temporary return from that currently failing investment.
    GFY, chowd troll

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The deadline is over! Let the relos and the deals and the single game ticket offers begin!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    The deadline is over! Let the relos and the deals and the single game ticket offers begin!
    FUN times, also let the bill collectors run free. If you read PSL contract carefully I think it says if you pay off your PSL completely you are still liable to pay for your season tickets or they come after you.

Jets let everyone in UD who called up have better seats, other folks in UD dropped out. I have to assume most folks who renewed and did not ask for better seats are already happy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    FUN times, also let the bill collectors run free. If you read PSL contract carefully I think it says if you pay off your PSL completely you are still liable to pay for your season tickets or they come after you.

Jets let everyone in UD who called up have better seats, other folks in UD dropped out. I have to assume most folks who renewed and did not ask for better seats are already happy.
    And yet the Jets, smartly, have not gone after one fan who has walked away from his/her fully or partially paid off PSL. It would be a media nightmare if they did, which is why they won't and never will.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    And yet the Jets, smartly, have not gone after one fan who has walked away from his/her fully or partially paid off PSL. It would be a media nightmare if they did, which is why they won't and never will.
    exactly. The PSL money paid to that point will be forfeited and the Jets will sell the tickets game by game until they resell the PSL at full value. win-win for the Jets.

We won't be seeing any lawsuits (not until the Giants start doing it, at least). PR nightmare for Woody if he sues.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that's interesting, though I would be really surprised if they went after anyone who'd paid in full and just wasn't renewing. Maybe that's just a long shot taken by the jets trying to effectively crowd source sales of seats for folks not renewing back to those sellers

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    +1... and since the Jets are so media conscious "ala Tim Tebow", I have concluded Geno Smith with be the OD starter, unless the PS QB evaluations OVERWHELMINGLY go in Sanchez' favor - which I don't think will happen. The Jet's want electricity and excitement on OD and if Sanchez trots out onto the field as the starter... well... you know what's going to happen... Geno Smith trots out = Standing O!
    Last edited by Flushing Roots; 05-25-2013 at 09:59 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Posted by SAR I

I don't support Rex Ryan
    I don't support the guy who hired him and refuses to fire him - Woody Johnson.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see those famous 142 row 30s on the aisle closer to the 50 are now $7k/each. Hadn't they gone as low as $5,500/each a week or so ago? Maybe the guy had to buy this season's tickets by the deadline so now he's selling them without that "obligation" and, therefore, asking more for them?

I was actually thinking of asking for the PSLs if he'd buy all the seats for this year (or my current ones) since I don't need 4 seats, so it would at least push that problem off a year for me. I guess that's effectively the case now that he's probably bought the seats for the season.

Still tempting. I guess my ideal situation...and maybe I'll offer this....is to give the dude my seats plus cash for his. But I'll probably wait for now and see what happens

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I see those famous 142 row 30s on the aisle closer to the 50 are now $7k/each. Hadn't they gone as low as $5,500/each a week or so ago? Maybe the guy had to buy this season's tickets by the deadline so now he's selling them without that "obligation" and, therefore, asking more for them?

I was actually thinking of asking for the PSLs if he'd buy all the seats for this year (or my current ones) since I don't need 4 seats, so it would at least push that problem off a year for me. I guess that's effectively the case now that he's probably bought the seats for the season.

Still tempting. I guess my ideal situation...and maybe I'll offer this....is to give the dude my seats plus cash for his. But I'll probably wait for now and see what happens
    He still has in the listing the buyer can buy all the season tickets, like he had before. He couldn't sell them for $5500 - it makes no sense why he thinks he could sell them now for $7000 - unless he knows something we don't...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    exactly. The PSL money paid to that point will be forfeited and the Jets will sell the tickets game by game until they resell the PSL at full value. win-win for the Jets.

We won't be seeing any lawsuits (not until the Giants start doing it, at least). PR nightmare for Woody if he sues.
    The Giants required payment in full and did not offer financing so that will never happen.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    He still has in the listing the buyer can buy all the season tickets, like he had before. He couldn't sell them for $5500 - it makes no sense why he thinks he could sell them now for $7000 - unless he knows something we don't...
    Only thing I can think is he paid for season tickets now which may have been reason he had fire sale price, now he has till next season ticket renewal to unload them.

Funny, back when they cut 142 to a 10K psl they were perfect seats, height, on aisle one seat away from the 20K PSls etc.

Amazing they went to $5,500 with no takers when one seat over the PSL is 20K.

Even weirder section 143 row 2 had seats for sale at $6,500 each recently and sold in two weeks and the person who bought them put all ten games on Stubhub. Guy shelled out $26,000 before fees for seats. Does he think he can scalp them and make a $26,000 profit on the seats before they go worthless. Middle of the aisle row two seats by five yard line are good seats, but to buy to sell 100% of games and think it is a deal. Crazy in my opinion.