Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 226

Thread: Giving up my PSL - Will Jets sue me?

  1. #101
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    So attendees at in East Rutherford llive in Manhattan and attendees at Foxboro live in Boston?

    You know better than that.

    What happened to it not being an investment and just entertainment any way?
    No one lives in East Rutherford. The majority of Jets fans work in Manhattan, live in pricey areas in the burbs. If my numbers are wrong, it's only by a couple of percentage points.

    And if you want me to re-run the numbers with Patriots fans out of Boston and into Nashua, well, that's going to really exaggerate things the opposite way that you intend.

    It's not an investment for the Jets fan- because we suck. But for a Patriots fan, wow. If you had been 'forced' into buying a PSL instead of paying inflated gameday ticket prices, a $2000 outlay in 2002 might be worth $6000 today based on how good the team is, how hard it is to get a good location, etc. Steeler fans, Raven fans, they all got significant ROI on the very PSL's they whined about back in the day.

    Yes, it's just an entertainment expense, but don't think that our tickets are overpriced or our stadium too expensive to build. You know full-well what it costs to live and operate down here vs. up there.

    SAR I

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    So attendees at in East Rutherford llive in Manhattan and attendees at Foxboro live in Boston?

    You know better than that.

    What happened to it not being an investment and just entertainment any way?
    Of course not, but it's the only way SAR can "prove" that $117 > $138.

  3. #103
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    No one lives in East Rutherford. The majority of Jets fans work in Manhattan, live in pricey areas in the burbs. If my numbers are wrong, it's only by a couple of percentage points.

    And if you want me to re-run the numbers with Patriots fans out of Boston and into Nashua, well, that's going to really exaggerate things the opposite way that you intend.

    It's not an investment for the Jets fan- because we suck. But for a Patriots fan, wow. If you had been 'forced' into buying a PSL instead of paying inflated gameday ticket prices, a $2000 outlay in 2002 might be worth $6000 today based on how good the team is, how hard it is to get a good location, etc. Steeler fans, Raven fans, they all got significant ROI on the very PSL's they whined about back in the day.

    Yes, it's just an entertainment expense, but don't think that our tickets are overpriced or our stadium too expensive to build. You know full-well what it costs to live and operate down here vs. up there.

    SAR I
    Then again, I wouldn't care how much my PSL is "worth" because I buy my tickets to actually attend each game. If I want to make it "worth" something I have to sell it and lose something I love doing. And of course unlike a good investment, a PSL loses value down be road as it expires.

    And I always have to add the caveat, I think should spend your dough anyway you want. Rock on. But stop trying to convince anyone that its nothing more than a money grab. You seem too defensive jumping back and forth between the investment and entertainment angle.

  4. #104
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,063
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Then again, I wouldn't care how much my PSL is "worth" because I buy my tickets to actually attend each game. If I want to make it "worth" something I have to sell it and lose something I love doing. And of course unlike a good investment, a PSL loses value down be road as it expires.

    And I always have to add the caveat, I think should spend your dough anyway you want. Rock on. But stop trying to convince anyone that its nothing more than a money grab. You seem too defensive jumping back and forth between the investment and entertainment angle.
    yeah, but he attends two pre-season games* and a couple of the crappiest
    regular season games. it's a good deal







    *btw, if someone offered me a pre-season ticket, even for free, I'd knock his azz out.

  5. #105
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    yeah, but he attends two pre-season games* and a couple of the crappiest
    regular season games. it's a good deal

    *btw, if someone offered me a pre-season ticket, even for free, I'd knock his azz out.
    For PSLs to work you have to donate preseason to charity except Jets/Giants and sell the best two games until PSL is paid off.

    For instance my pair of PSLs and my friends pair of PSLs plus his UD Prime seats are for sale for Steelers game at triple face. I have a pair of $50 dollar seats upstairs so both of us are still going to game.

    Sadly this year only has one single game, the Steelers game that have super high resale prices. It is very hard to justify sitting in your PSL seats that day. If one watches secondary they can pick up other seats cheap between now and game day.

    Amazing that opening day seats a one pm game with Revis on other team is not going for much. Even Pats and Dolphins are way down.

    Whole stadium will be filled with Steelers fans, like last year when we played 49ers.

  6. #106
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,684
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    yeah, but he attends two pre-season games* and a couple of the crappiest
    regular season games. it's a good deal







    *btw, if someone offered me a pre-season ticket, even for free, I'd knock his azz out.
    Apparently you don't have little kids. Preseason games are a great way to take a kid to a game. With limited attention spans, who cares if they spend the game looking at the jumbo torn. Who cares if you miss a quarter in line for food? Who cares if they want to go home in the second half? They don't know that the guys playing in the 4th quarter will be working at the mall in two weeks. They love the spectacle.

    If they have fun, the game is a win.

    When my kids are old enough, their first jets games will be pre season games.

  7. #107
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Then again, I wouldn't care how much my PSL is "worth" because I buy my tickets to actually attend each game. If I want to make it "worth" something I have to sell it and lose something I love doing. And of course unlike a good investment, a PSL loses value down be road as it expires.

    And I always have to add the caveat, I think should spend your dough anyway you want. Rock on. But stop trying to convince anyone that its nothing more than a money grab. You seem too defensive jumping back and forth between the investment and entertainment angle.
    I say: "I don't care, it's not an investment, I just enjoy the games."

    You say: "Jets PSL's are too expensive! Your owner rips you off!"

    I say: "Patriots have no PSL's but charge the same thing, bundle it in the ticket price."

    You say: "Stop jumping back and forth."

    I say: "Huh? Wha?"

    SAR I

  8. #108
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    yeah, but he attends two pre-season games* and a couple of the crappiest
    regular season games. it's a good deal

    *btw, if someone offered me a pre-season ticket, even for free, I'd knock his azz out.
    While living in NH for 14 years I averaged 4 home games (10 hour round trip drive) and the 1 Foxboro game per year.

    Since relocating back down to NY metro area, I average 8 of 10 games per year (no MNF, no TNF, few SNF)

    You spend no money so you should keep your mouth closed when discussions between real fans are taking place.

    SAR I

  9. #109
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Apparently you don't have little kids. Preseason games are a great way to take a kid to a game. With limited attention spans, who cares if they spend the game looking at the jumbo torn. Who cares if you miss a quarter in line for food? Who cares if they want to go home in the second half? They don't know that the guys playing in the 4th quarter will be working at the mall in two weeks. They love the spectacle.

    If they have fun, the game is a win.

    When my kids are old enough, their first jets games will be pre season games.
    +1

    Preseason games are the most family-friendly, low pressure games of the season. Easy parking, no lines, splendid weather.

    During the season, any Sunday, Monday, or Thursday games are out as far as kids are concerned, and since my kids go to almost every game with me I tend to not go to those contests either.

    SAR I

  10. #110
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,063
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

    You spend no money so you should keep your mouth closed when discussions between real fans are taking place.

    SAR I
    you are the same people who socked away rare Beanie Babies for the kids college money down the road. we must laugh at you.

  11. #111
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    you are the same people who socked away rare Beanie Babies for the kids college money down the road. we must laugh at you.
    If I wanted to save every penny, I wouldn't have spent $60,000 on Jets tickets since 2001, buys one hell of a stove.

    SAR I

  12. #112
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Apparently you don't have little kids. Preseason games are a great way to take a kid to a game. With limited attention spans, who cares if they spend the game looking at the jumbo torn. Who cares if you miss a quarter in line for food? Who cares if they want to go home in the second half? They don't know that the guys playing in the 4th quarter will be working at the mall in two weeks. They love the spectacle.

    If they have fun, the game is a win.

    When my kids are old enough, their first jets games will be pre season games.
    Obvious you have extremely little kids and live near stadium. One preseason game is on a weekday late at night that involves for LI folk driving through Bronx in rush house.

    Other preseason game is also a late game smack dab in the middle of a nice beach weather weekend.

    The tickets have such low value that most people if you gave them the tickets for free would not go as the cost of getting to the stadium involves two bridges and a lot of gas.

    That said I may go to Eagles game as it is after work and I can take the train, and since it is a weeknight you have lots of trains running.

    I have four season tickets so I am eating seven preseason games, the one I go to I most likely will sit near anyone I know who actually goes.

  13. #113
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,063
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    +1

    Preseason games are the most family-friendly, low pressure games of the season. Easy parking, no lines, splendid weather.


    SAR I
    yeah, enjoy watching the chinese quarterbacks and players who will be working at Walmart week one of regular season.



  14. #114
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    712
    Post Thanks / Like
    As of this morning, Tuesday, May 21, our records show you have not yet renewed your 2013 season tickets. We wanted to reach out to you as we’re preparing our 300-level online relocation process and would like to know if you are interested in relocating your seats. This online process allows you to view available inventory, just like you would select a seat location on an airplane, and if you find a location that you prefer you can simply select to relocate your seats.

    However, in order to participate in this program you must renew your season tickets by this Friday, May 24 at 5PM. You can renew online or by phone at 800-469-JETS (5387) and pay for your tickets in full or break your invoice up into four monthly installments from today through August 15.

    If you have any questions, please let us know how we can help. Thank you and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

  15. #115
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    404
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Obvious you have extremely little kids and live near stadium. One preseason game is on a weekday late at night that involves for LI folk driving through Bronx in rush house.

    Other preseason game is also a late game smack dab in the middle of a nice beach weather weekend.

    The tickets have such low value that most people if you gave them the tickets for free would not go as the cost of getting to the stadium involves two bridges and a lot of gas.

    That said I may go to Eagles game as it is after work and I can take the train, and since it is a weeknight you have lots of trains running.

    I have four season tickets so I am eating seven preseason games, the one I go to I most likely will sit near anyone I know who actually goes.
    In honor of dropping my ST this year, a group of my friends and I are planning to go to the Jacksonville PS game - just for sh*ts and giggles. My plan is to buy the cheapest tickets on SH ($9 bucks right now), sit wherever I want and think about the poor slob that paid $700 including a $30K PSL for the same game... and I will leave at halftime.

  16. #116
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    94
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lorwood View Post
    Absolute Baloney.

    Your credit score is based on a weighted scale with certain types of loans given more weight than others.

    If you pay the following on time and your debt to income ratio is not off the scale you will always maintain good credit

    Mortgage
    Car Payments
    Credit cards issued by major banks
    Student loans

    Things that carry little weight

    Medical bills
    Utility bills
    Credit issued by stand alone entities (This is where a PSL would probably fall)

    Will you get collection notices? Maybe
    Will your credit be ruined if this is your ONLY default? No.
    I didn't say your credit would be ruined if this was you only default. There are plenty of low-lifes out there who default on a loan here or there and still qualify for a loan on a used Camaro.

    I said your credit rating would be ****ed for several years. Meaning, all you will qualify for is a loan on a used Camaro.

    If that's your lot in life, more power to you.

  17. #117
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    In honor of dropping my ST this year, a group of my friends and I are planning to go to the Jacksonville PS game - just for sh*ts and giggles. My plan is to buy the cheapest tickets on SH ($9 bucks right now), sit wherever I want and think about the poor slob that paid $700 including a $30K PSL for the same game... and I will leave at halftime.
    I would say 90% of PSLs are bad investments. But not all are.

    Judging from resales low rows seats from Goal line to 25 yard line have done well. Aisle seats next to higher priced seats do well and first row Mezz A corners.

    All have in common as close to a sideline view as possible without paying club prices and either low row or closest to higher priced seats.

    That said every club seat, every Mezz B seat, every LLEZ corner seat, every high row middle of aisle LLEZ seat are terrible terrible PSLs to have bought.

    I would say the best course of action for anyone without seasontickets is wait till after preseason and buy the $50 dollar seats. That works out to $1,600 a pair for season tickets. Or try to bargain hunt on hard up PSL sellers.

    I see some covered Mezz B seats for sale for $400 each. To be honest if you got the guy down to $500 for the pair the fact they are covered and get you green parking is a good deal considering if walk away you are only out $500 bucks.

  18. #118
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,684
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    yeah, enjoy watching the chinese quarterbacks and players who will be working at Walmart week one of regular season.


    That is the genius of taking kids to preseason games. They don't know one player from the other.

    As a prior poster noted, the NFL has f'd us by moving them to all night games. But that is not a Jets only problem.

  19. #119
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    404
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    I would say 90% of PSLs are bad investments. But not all are.

    Judging from resales low rows seats from Goal line to 25 yard line have done well. Aisle seats next to higher priced seats do well and first row Mezz A corners.

    All have in common as close to a sideline view as possible without paying club prices and either low row or closest to higher priced seats.

    That said every club seat, every Mezz B seat, every LLEZ corner seat, every high row middle of aisle LLEZ seat are terrible terrible PSLs to have bought.

    I would say the best course of action for anyone without seasontickets is wait till after preseason and buy the $50 dollar seats. That works out to $1,600 a pair for season tickets. Or try to bargain hunt on hard up PSL sellers.

    I see some covered Mezz B seats for sale for $400 each. To be honest if you got the guy down to $500 for the pair the fact they are covered and get you green parking is a good deal considering if walk away you are only out $500 bucks.
    Agree on all counts except a pair of $50 seats for the 8 regular season games would be $800 - not $1600. That would be a good call to go that route - and they WILL be available after the 2nd PS game. I was unaware you are entitled to green parking passes if you have ST in the Mezz B... Can you confirm that?

  20. #120
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    553
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Apparently you don't have little kids. Preseason games are a great way to take a kid to a game. With limited attention spans, who cares if they spend the game looking at the jumbo torn. Who cares if you miss a quarter in line for food? Who cares if they want to go home in the second half? They don't know that the guys playing in the 4th quarter will be working at the mall in two weeks. They love the spectacle.

    If they have fun, the game is a win.

    When my kids are old enough, their first jets games will be pre season games.
    +1
    That is what we did with our daughter when she was 4-5. She is now 17 and is talking about taking two of her friends to a few games this season.

    We teach them when they are young, they learn to be Jets fans for life.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us