Thread: Now that Goodson is out

Now that Goodson is out

Can we Plz get Chris Polk off the eagles ?? He fits the WCO needs.

did we cut him?

Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post
    Can we Plz get Chris Polk off the eagles ?? He fits the WCO needs.
    i dont think you get cut for being drunk with a bag of weed. if the story changes and he gets charged with a weapon and dui then maybe but not yet. teams usually wait to see the whole story to act.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by joe810 View Post
    i dont think you get cut for being drunk with a bag of weed. if the story changes and he gets charged with a weapon and dui then maybe but not yet. teams usually wait to see the whole story to act.
    He was the passenger. The weapons charge is the big one. If it's found that it is likely he had no knowledge of the gun in the vehicle then it could be dropped.

I think regardless we should cut him anyway. hes on the highway buzzed to the point of zzzzzzzzzz. I was young and dumb too but thats just pure not giving a F........ (Or some REALLY potent ganja)

I think Polk is better anyway and fits what MM wants to do.

Practice Squad
    I think regardless we should cut him anyway. hes on the highway buzzed to the point of zzzzzzzzzz. I was young and dumb too but thats just pure not giving a F........ (Or some REALLY potent ganja)

What's Polks 40 time vs Goodson. IDK why but polk seems slow. But to be honest I'm not very familiar with him.

BTW..I agree about the character evaluation. Def not a class act.

EDIT: Polk's 40 is a hair faster than Goodson.

4.45 to 4.54

Quote Originally Posted by Cablebob View Post
    What's Polks 40 time vs Goodson. IDK why but polk seems slow. But to be honest I'm not very familiar with him.

BTW..I agree about the character evaluation. Def not a class act.
    4.4 if I remember correctly

All Pro
    Polk?? No thank you. There's soooo many other options than Polk.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    did we cut him?
    No.

What you talking bout Willis?

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    What you talking bout Willis?
    Talking about a kid with real talent who is buried on a roster and would flourish here.

Whether Goodson gets the axe or is in a Jets uniform this fall, this incident is going to tell us a lot about our new GM and his approach to handling off the field incidents.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Whether Goodson gets the axe or is in a Jets uniform this fall, this incident is going to tell us a lot about our new GM and his approach to handling off the field incidents.
    We already know. Two UDFAs caught in a car full of pot smoke and the driver had a gun. Next day they are gone, no one said a word. They were a long shot anyway, so who cares? I'm betting it will be different with Goodson. And That will say a lot about Idzik.

Kind of feel bad for them not getting the same break Goodson will.

NFL athletes are normal humans first. Many of these guys hang out with these guys that they shouldn't be around. Guns and Drugs in a car is normal to some people. I doubt they were planning to go rob a bank or shoot up a parade. There's plenty of successful pro athletes doing that tonight as well. Does it justify it? No ... Is Goodson a terrible human being because of it? We don't know. Lets find out the entire story before we jump to conclusions. The guy is hanging out at 3AM during the off season living his life whether drinking or not, who cares. If the worst thing he did was hang out with the wrong kind of guy ... Its beyond forgivable.

Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    NFL athletes are normal humans first. Many of these guys hang out with these guys that they shouldn't be around. Guns and Drugs in a car is normal to some people. I doubt they were planning to go rob a bank or shoot up a parade. There's plenty of successful pro athletes doing that tonight as well. Does it justify it? No ... Is Goodson a terrible human being because of it? We don't know. Lets find out the entire story before we jump to conclusions. The guy is hanging out at 3AM during the off season living his life whether drinking or not, who cares. If the worst thing he did was hang out with the wrong kind of guy ... Its beyond forgivable.
    I don't think Goodson is a terrible person. I don't know him but looking at the situation as a whole. It just not good especially when you factor in the gun charge. We partied hard and got in lots of trouble in the Marines. So I'm far from innocent and I know things happen and don't go as planned.

It could be possible the driver was hired protection. Or a friend that makes him feel safe. I dunno wasn't there. But he plays for the NY Jets and perception becomes reality really quick. and in his profession/situation one mistake can cost you. sometimes Talent Trumps mistakes. but I feel in our situation and all the press we already get he would have to be really talented and proved so on the field. and he has yet to play a snap.

Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    No one tried to find the story on the UDFAs. Does Goodson deserve more because he gives the Jets a better chance?

It's probably just a matter of violating New Jersey's gun transportation law. New Jersey gun transportation law is as follows:

"All firearms transported into the State of New Jersey:

Shall be carried unloaded and contained in a closed and fastened case, gunbox, securely tied package, or locked in the trunk of the automobile in which it is being transported, and in the course of travel, shall include only such deviations as are reasonably necessary under the circumstances.

The firearm should not be directly accessible from the passenger compartment of the vehicle. If the vehicle does not have a compartment separate from the passenger compartment, the firearm and ammunition must be in a locked container other than the vehicle's glove compartment or console."

http://www.njsp.org/about/fire_trans.html

So there may be some transportation violation there, but whether that's on Goodson or the driver remains unclear, but I'd say probably the driver being that it was his car.

Also, they didn't say the handgun was loaded, all they said was they found a hollowpoint round in the car. It remains to be seen if the round was actually in the gun or not. This link gives a pretty good description of the situation: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jets-rb...2462--nfl.html
    Last edited by billygreen; 05-18-2013 at 02:06 AM.