Post Thanks / Like
    Great post, thanks man.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool thread, thanks!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's pretty great to hear players off the cuff. I highly doubt Geno would ever tell a media outlet "they don't even have a lot of Dolphins fans down there." It would blow up on
    PFT as "Jets QB disrespects entire Miami fanbase" and get hundreds of comments. Good read.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of the best posts I have seen...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the post and good for Geno.
    He was not my first choice in the 2013 draft for our Jet's future qb but I hope he proves me and the football media wrong. Geno certainly comes across very well in your informative accounting of an impromtu meeting ...

well done ...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting,good stuff

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Sanchez groupies don't want to hear this.. thanks for sharing..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    Thank you for the post and good for Geno.
    He was not my first choice in the 2013 draft for our Jet's future qb but I hope he proves me and the football media wrong. Geno certainly comes across very well in your informative accounting of an impromtu meeting ...

well done ...
    Didn't want him drafted at 9 or 13 but very happy with grabbing the best QB in the draft at 39.

Was hoping that Garrard would start this season with Smith taking the helm in 14.

But now, as long as any of McElroy, Smith or Simms is our starting QB in September and Buttfumble6 never sees the field, it should be an enjoyable fun season

We have the right GM and HC in place and a faster, younger squad on the field, the only thing that can ruin the season is Leinartchez playing

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a bit late to this party but the FACT that Geno actually worked with VINNY(and...oh yeah...chad, too) is very encouraging.

I mean he can learn a lot from someone who spent almost 3 decades as an NFL QB.

Wish Vinny was the QB Coach, though....he'd be better at it than whomever the Jets hired.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I'm a bit late to this party but the FACT that Geno actually worked with VINNY(and...oh yeah...chad, too) is very encouraging.

I mean he can learn a lot from someone who spent almost 3 decades as an NFL QB.

Wish Vinny was the QB Coach, though....he'd be better at it than whomever the Jets hired.
    When I told a friend about my conversation with Geno and that Geno's been working with Vinny and Chad, my friend said, "well, if he can get some of Vinny's arm and Chad's brain maybe the Jets have some hope!" lol

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Didn't want him drafted at 9 or 13 but very happy with grabbing the best QB in the draft at 39.

Was hoping that Garrard would start this season with Smith taking the helm in 14.

But now, as long as any of McElroy, Smith or Simms is our starting QB in September and Buttfumble6 never sees the field, it should be an enjoyable fun season

We have the right GM and HC in place and a faster, younger squad on the field, the only thing that can ruin the season is Leinartchez playing
    I kinda feel the same way. Maybe I'm the only person who thinks this, but I don't see a ton of pressure on Geno to be a "savior" of the franchise. Had we taken him at 13 or even if we traded up to the top of Round 2 to get him I might feel differently, but he kinda dropped into our laps at #39. It was one of those situations where we sat there and said, "whoa! well look who is still on the board." I don't know if Geno will turn out to be our "franchise QB" or even a good starting QB, but even if he turns out to be mediocre or a flop I won't fault the Jets for taking him where they did. Low/medium risk....high potential reward.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 05-20-2013 at 12:00 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    When I told a friend about my conversation with Geno and that Geno's been working with Vinny and Chad, my friend said, "well, if he can get some of Vinny's arm and Chad's brain maybe the Jets have some hope!" lol
    I've been saying that for years..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I've been saying that for years..
    Okay. I'll send you a nickel.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    It's pretty great to hear players off the cuff. I highly doubt Geno would ever tell a media outlet "they don't even have a lot of Dolphins fans down there." It would blow up on
    PFT as "Jets QB disrespects entire Miami fanbase" and get hundreds of comments. Good read.
    Even though it is entirely true as they can't seem to sell out their stadium and are talking about moving.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay. I'll send you a nickel.

Obviously you have talked to my attorney Lucy van Pelt at Charlie Browns Law firm..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I told a friend about my conversation with Geno and that Geno's been working with Vinny and Chad, my friend said, "well, if he can get some of Vinny's arm and Chad's brain maybe the Jets have some hope!"
    kind of like the jets version of the wizard of oz. throw in the courage of farve and you may have something there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    kind of like the jets version of the wizard of oz. throw in the courage of farve and you may have something there.
    Yeah, we're building Frankenquarterback here!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good read thanks for posting.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bump, now that we seem to be going "all in" with Geno for the season.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    dump