Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holmes still injured (Lisfranc)?

Veteran

Holmes still injured (Lisfranc)?

NFLPA Rookie Premiere: 7 things we learned

By Dan Hanzus
    Around the League Writer
    Published: May 17, 2013 at 10:09 a.m.

LOS ANGELES -- Life is good for a rookie in the NFL. Especially right now.
    We're less than a month removed from the 2013 NFL Draft, and the new-car smell still is present. Many players haven't signed contracts yet, but the paycheck that comes with attaining a lifelong dream is promised. Wealth and an NFL career all are right there. It's like Christmas Eve on high levels of HGH.

That giddy sense of anticipation is palpable when you share a room with these guys. On Thursday, Around The League tagged along with some other NFL Media folk at downtown L.A.'s Sunrise Elementary School to check out "Rookie Premiere," an NFLPA event that promotes active lifestyles.

It's neat catching these guys in a collective sweet spot in their lives. You're not getting any quotes about being unhappy with teammates, coaches, playing time or contracts. Everything is ... cool. It won't always be that way, but it is right now.

Here are seven takeaways from the event (video plus more here):

1) Geno Smith may or may not be the answer for the New York Jets at quarterback, but he seems to get it. This is the second time I've spoken to him in the past month, and both times he was engaged and provided thoughtful responses. Contrary to anonymous sources, Smith hardly seems aloof. Does that make him loof? Geno Smith is fully loof.

I asked Smith if he thought the Jets had enough players on offense to allow him to succeed when if he takes over for Mark Sanchez this season.

"We gotta see," Smith replied before catching himself. "I do, I do believe we do. We've got a great bunch of guys. We've got Santonio (Holmes) coming off injury, (Jeff) Cumberland, who's a really good tight end. Stephen (Hill)'s in his second year, he's ready to blossom. Defense has always been strong, so it's about me being a good quarterback."

Smith just cited Santonio Holmes (possibly walking with a limp right now), Jeff Cumberland and Stephen Hill as weapons to get excited about. I admire his ability to keep a straight face ... or not cry.
    Edit: Geno video got moved to here
    Last edited by jetrider; 05-18-2013 at 02:28 AM.

Womp womp. Schitty writer tries to make a funny at the end and fails. Is that what this thread is about? Where do you see anything significant about san antonios injury?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Womp womp. Schitty writer tries to make a funny at the end and fails. Is that what this thread is about? Where do you see anything significant about san antonios injury?
    It's the first I hear he's still limping.

If you have more info on the topic that's "significant" then post it here.

We all know Holmes hates camp and would love to avoid it ... (again).

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    It's the first I hear he's still limping.

If you have more info on the topic that's "significant" then post it here.

We all know Holmes hates camp and would love to avoid it ... (again).
    The writer himself literally added that Holmes is "(possibly walking with a limp right now)". That's not a quote from Geno, that's the writer inserting his flaccid opinion into the article.

That doesn't count as news about Holmes in any way. If Geno said that, yes I see your point, but it's not, it's the writer trying to make a funny. At how bad the Jets are. Ha! Ha!

DUMP.

Veteran
    The writer himself literally added that Holmes is "(possibly walking with a limp right now)". That's not a quote from Geno, that's the writer inserting his flaccid opinion into the article.

That doesn't count as news about Holmes in any way. If Geno said that, yes I see your point, but it's not, it's the writer trying to make a funny. At how bad the Jets are. Ha! Ha!
    Yeah, I see what you're saying.

I read it too quickly and thought there was more to it.

But the question remains, will Holmes miss time with another new OC and offense?

Not much being said about him.

Last I heard, talk about Tone was whether he would be 100% for week 1. I recall it being said that he'd most likely be healthy for the majority of the season, but starting week 1 was in question.

Jets Insider VIP
    so another sleazy media jackal "reports" that Holmes "MIGHT" be walking with a limp in order to make a you know how like funny at the end of his "report"

no link, no corroboration, no facts- just a MIGHT'

DUMP

All Pro
    San Antonio? Isn't that in Texas?

Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Yeah. They banned Tex there, too.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    I really hope this is the year that Kerley gets some serious looks on the outside.
    Cant stand Santonio, but that aside, i honestly think Kerley is a better player at this point in time.

If 100% healthy, Santonio Holmes is an average WR at this point in his career. He is no stud. That's for sure.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Sure is...Now if the writer said; LaRon Landry was walking with a Chimp he would be correct since he has a pet monkey..

Braylon Edwards Please

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks9596 View Post
    If 100% healthy, Santonio Holmes is an average WR at this point in his career. He is no stud. That's for sure.
    Agreed. He's a top tier #2, but you don't want him being your #1 guy in a league that has Calvin Johnson, Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne, Larry Fitzgerald, Roddy White, etc. running around. He just pales in comparison to all those guys and about 15 others.

Veteran
    I csnt remember the last time we had a stud at WR

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguin View Post
    I csnt remember the last time we had a stud at WR
    Keyshawn was a stud. Al Toon was also extremely underrated. I think both guys would be rated much higher if they played with better QBs.

Hate on me all you want, but Braylon was the most impressive WR I've seen in green and white since Keyshawn. Possibly longer than that. Physically imposing specimen. Consistently drew the double team. Made all the plays in both passing and running back. Beast of a talent with garbage throwing him the football.

Well, that's just what I saw anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Keyshawn was a stud. Al Toon was also extremely underrated. I think both guys would be rated much higher if they played with better QBs.
    Keyshawn doesn't belong in the same conversation with Al Toon.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Keyshawn doesn't belong in the same conversation with Al Toon.
    Al Toon: Warrior

Keyshawn: Duplicitous Mercenary