Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Final Thoughts on The Jets Old Front Office

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    I recall having the exact opposite reaction to the extension. I think most posters on most forums I read did too. As I recall, MS screwed up the 2011 season when with 3 games to go and still in the playoff hunt, his wheels just fell off. Blame Holmes, blame Shotty, blame whoever, but MS imploded when everyone expected him to come through for us.

I agree though, up to then, Tanny/Rex had been almost flawless. I'm amazed at how quickly TANNY lost his way.
    I agree that Sanchez didn't play well the final three games of 2011, but up till that point he was showing promise as he had progressed every season statistically, with a slowly devolving offense around him. Sure those final three games blew, but 13 games into his third season, he had the Jets at 8-5 on his way to another playoff appearance, coming off back to back AFC title games. At the time of the extension, Sanchez hadn't regressed to what we see of him now. At that point, he just had three bad games with the defense losing one of them (broncos), and santanio giving up on him, and his OC on the verge of being fired.

As Jason outlined, Tanny offered that extension last summer, which, if Sanchez hasn't imploded the way he did this past season, would be hailed right now as a very good move because we'd be paying a franchise QB 12mm whereas Joe Flacco just got $20mm.

Hindsight is always 20/20, but I can't blame Tanny for thinking that the Sanchez of the final three games of that season would prevail over the Sanchez of the first 53 of his career.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I don't really care if he's the greatest writer in the whole friggin' world.

Normally, when you post a link to an article, you would put down either an excerpt or SHORT summary of what is discussed. Then if others are interested enough, they can click on the link to read the entire article. It's that simple.

However, what the OP is basically doing is shoving the article down our throats and not giving any choice of whether or not we want to read it. It's almost like a "look at me!"(or rather "look at my article") sort of thing.

But I digress, since you two think I was being douchey about it, I will stop discussing it. Carry on.....
    Actually alot of people read from work and can't click alot of the links, so it's nice to see the story posted in the thread. Nothing's forced on you, Christ you make it seem like he reached through your monitor and forced you to stare at it. A simple "hmmm this is clearly too long for me to read" and close the thread would have worked just fine instead of the condescending douchy route you took. Who knows, maybe you're just having a bad day.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Actually alot of people read from work and can't click alot of the links, so it's nice to see the story posted in the thread. Nothing's forced on you, Christ you make it seem like he reached through your monitor and forced you to stare at it. A simple "hmmm this is clearly too long for me to read" and close the thread would have worked just fine instead of the condescending douchy route you took. Who knows, maybe you're just having a bad day.
    Dude. Too many words. He won't be able to read all that.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't really care if he's the greatest writer in the whole friggin' world.

Normally, when you post a link to an article, you would put down either an excerpt or SHORT summary of what is discussed. Then if others are interested enough, they can click on the link to read the entire article. It's that simple.

However, what the OP is basically doing is shoving the article down our throats and not giving any choice of whether or not we want to read it. It's almost like a "look at me!"(or rather "look at my article") sort of thing.

But I digress, since you two think I was being douchey about it, I will stop discussing it. Carry on.....
    What point were you digressing from? Your entire post was talking about the same subject, and you were responding to a like subject.

Are you sure that you know what that expression means?

I wouldn't be surprised if you did not, since you do not seem to be a huge fan of reading.
    Last edited by Geothermal; 05-20-2013 at 10:21 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

TLDR

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post

Next time, I'll use THIS pic instead of complaining. Happy, everyone?

And I said I'd stop discussing it but you all want to beat your chests in mock outrage at me as if that puts you up on a higher pedestal or something....

I said what I said, then LI explained, I said "cool, that's fine", and that's the end of it. You all should just let it go.....just let it go.
    Last edited by Vin; 05-21-2013 at 10:26 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol clearly this bothers you more than anyone else. 5 posts and counting in a thread you donnnttt caaaarreee about; or at least don't care past ripping the OP and dismissing Jason, both for no reason.

Where's that something substantial you were going to add?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Lol clearly this bothers you more than anyone else. 5 posts and counting in a thread you donnnttt caaaarreee about; or at least don't care past ripping the OP and dismissing Jason, both for no reason.

Where's that something substantial you were going to add?
    You haven't added anything yourself except plenty of finger-wagging toward my direction.

To repeat what I said before, just let it go. If you actually took the time to go back and read the thread, you'd see LI respond to me with his explanation, and that was that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

And I said I'd stop discussing it but you all want to beat your chests in mock outrage at me as if that puts you up on a higher pedestal or something....

I said what I said, then LI explained, I said "cool, that's fine", and that's the end of it. You all should just let it go.....just let it go.
    Are we hurting your feelings? No one cares that you 'let it go' after making an ass of yourself simply because LI felt the need to explain himself to you as if people need to run their posts by you.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You haven't added anything yourself except plenty of finger-wagging toward my direction.
    Clearly you would think so, you can't read more than 5 words at a time. Go back and check my earlier posts. Take it slow if you need.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are we hurting your feelings? No one cares that you 'let it go' after making an ass of yourself simply because LI felt the need to explain himself to you as if people need to run their posts by you.
    Just.......let....it.....go. Okay?

OH and one more thing :

Clearly you would think so, you can't read more than 5 words at a time. Go back and check my earlier posts. Take it slow if you need.

Get off your soapbox already. No one's listening....
    Last edited by Vin; 05-21-2013 at 10:35 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just.......let....it.....go. Okay?

OH and one more thing :

Get off your soapbox already. No one's listening....
    CLEARLY you're listening. You keep responding in this thread to me after wanting to let it go, and sent me a private message asking me to let it go. How dense could you possibly be?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    TLDR, that's all

It's ok, buddy! You're gonna be ok!